All the Faint Lights

037:

Chapter Thirty Seven
"Just make 'em go away, all of them! The lawyers, officers, judges- All of them!" I cried as James wrapped his arms around me after he opened his front door.

"What happened?" he asked sounding tired, I had probably just woke him up from a nap.

"They ask way too many questions and it hurts to see him- I know what he did, but I don't-"

"Car, come on, you have to do this, remember what we talked about?" James asked and I sighed and nodded my head, "Come on," I walked into the house and he pulled me into the living room, James sat on the couch and then pulled me on top of him, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my head, "It's going to be all right."

"It's taking forever though! I need to work on my music, the competition is next week," I sighed and then laid my head on his shoulder, "And with all of these meetings, hearings and appointments, I don't have time to work let alone work on my music."

"Aw, Car, I'm sorry," James said and started to rub my arm, "Do you think you could ask to push all of this stuff back? Ask them to do everything after the competition?"

"I tried, my lawyer laughed in my face," I muttered and James growled, "James, I don't know what to do."

"Hey," James cupped my face and then pressed his lips against mine, "It's going to be all right," he said and then kissed my again.

I moved my position on his body and laid my body on his chest, bringing my knees up and bending my back. James grabbed my butt and sat up as I wrapped my arms around his neck and dug my fingers into his messy mop.

-James-
"Am I going to ever hear your songs?" I asked as I laid on my side and glided my fingers alone Caroline's arm, watching as she brought the sheet up and wrapped it around her chest.

"At the comp-"

"Competition, right," I said and she smirked and turned towards me, "How many do you have to sing?"

"Five, four original and one hit, that's if I make it past all of the rounds," she said and I smirked and kissed her shoulder and laid my hand on her hip.

"You'll make it, you'll win it," I said and she smiled towards me and then kissed my cheek.

"I have to get to the studio," Caroline said as she got out of bed and dropped the sheets. I sucked in a breath of watching her walked over towards where her clothes were thrown around on the ground.

"Sure you have to go now?" I asked as I climbed out of bed as well and walked up behind her, "I'm sure we could think of other things to do."

I knew she could feel my hard on against her back as she leaned against me, "Sorry, but I need to finish this last song, I swear, after this completion, I'm all yours," she said and I smirked and nodded my head.

"Can you at least give me a hand?" I asked and she smirked and looked down.

"I believe you have two," she teased and then kissed my cheek and skipped out of the bedroom.

"Not fair!" I groaned and heard her laugh. I sighed and then looked down, "Guess it's just you and me."

-Caroline-
"...Fight like hell, and love like an angel, pray like a saint and run like a rebel. Live each day like there's no tomorrow, speak my mind and act like a lady, I'll always be my mama's baby. And you can't ever tell my nothing, oh, loving a girl like me, ain't easy..."

By the time I had finished the song, I was impressed with myself, that was the best take that we did of that song.

"All right girl, come on, we need to hit the road," Jake said and I nodded my head and placed my headphones on the stand.

Asher, Gordon, Jake, RJ and I were standing in the hallway, our bags were by the door, all we needed to do was pack them and hit the road to New York.

A week has past and tomorrow was the competition, James was already in New York, he had a game against the Sabres tonight and then the Islanders two nights from now, so he promised to be at the competition tomorrow. I was excited and terrified at the same time, I didn't know what was going to happen or who I was going to be up against.

During the six hour drive to New York, I kept tapping my foot and humming along to my music, the boys were getting annoyed with me, but understood that it was just my nerves. We were told to check in at the Madison Square Garden entrance at seven and then head over to the hotel to check into our rooms.

By the time we had made it into the city, avoided all of the psycho drivers, well, avoided getting into an accident from the psycho drivers, got to the Garden, parked the car, checked in and then checked into the hotel, it was close to ten at night. I was sharing a room with a girl that played the guitar very well, and other than singing, didn't really speak a lot. I did manage to catch her name, Marybeth.

Just as I laid down on my bed, my phone rang and I saw that James was calling me. I smiled and then answered the phone and walked over towards the window that overlooked the city, "Hiya," I said happily.

"Hey! I'm glad that I caught you before you fell asleep," he said and I could hear the guys yelling in the background.

"I'm guessing you won?" I asked and James laughed.

"Yup, we beat the Sabres," he said and I smiled brightly.

"That's great, good for you!"

"So how was your trip? Are you at the hotel?"

"Yeah, it took us a while to get here, almost six hours, and then another hour to actually make it to the Garden, New York has crazy drivers!"

"You don't say," James teased and I smirked and leaned against the wall, "I miss you."

"I miss you too, when will you be here?"

"Early in the morning, most of us are still changing, I just got out of the shower," he said and I smiled, thinking dirty thoughts.

"Wake me when you get here? Where are you staying?"

"We're staying in the Hampton Inn-"

"That's the one we're in!" I said happily and heard James laugh.

"Doubt it, babe, this is the one in Uniondale, by the Coliseum," he said referring to the arena that the Islanders play at, "We just planned on taking the subway in."

"What?! Awww, come on," I whined and heard James chuckle.

"You're cute when you whine."

"I wanted to get some alone time before I didn't see you," I said and then huffed a sigh and turned when I heard a door closed to see that Marybeth had gone into the bathroom.

"Then I'll come to your room-"

"I have a roommate," I said and then heard James whine, "Yeah, not cool."

"We'll figure something out," James said and I laid back on the bed and stared at the ceiling, "What are you wearing?"

"James!" I yelled and then heard him laugh.

"I'm just playing, babe!" he said and I rolled my eyes and sat up, "Great now my teammates are teasing me."

"Serves you right!" I said and then heard him laugh.

"Ow!" James yelled, "What'd you do that for?"

"What?" I asked confused, "What's going on?"

"Your sister just hit me!" James said and I snorted.

"I repeat, 'serves you right'," I laughed and heard him groan.

"Get some sleep, Car, you've got a big day tomorrow," James said and I smiled.

"I'm excited an terrified."

"You'll be amazing, we'll be there at five-"

"But doors don't open until six thirty," I said confused.

"Do you know who we are?" James said cockily and I giggled.

"Do you know where you are? You're not in Pittsburgh, sweetheart, people don't like you here," I smirked knowing that I was right.

"We'll figure something out, I want to see you before it starts."

"Something tells me that you will, you're smart enough for the job," I smirked.

"Yes I am- Hey! You were teasing me there!"

I laughed, "Boy, nothing get's past you."