All the Faint Lights

006:

Chapter Six
I apologized, she accepted it, but we’re nowhere near becoming friends anytime soon, Caroline absolutely hates me. I knew because not only did her sister, my manager, Trisha tell me, but Caroline told me as well, right in front of Max, and then Max started flirting with her, but that was two weeks ago.

“You call that a pass?” she scoffed and I glared at her.

“Because you’re such a hockey know it all!” I yelled from the ice.

“I’ve been learning, Sid’s been teaching me,” she said proudly and I rolled my eyes and took a shot towards the empty net but hit the goal post instead, “Lame.”

“Like you could do any better!” I yelled and skated over towards her, all eyes on us, “Please, enlighten us with your mad skills of hockey.”

“I don’t have to prove anything to you, I’m not the professional athlete,” she smirked and I scoffed.

“Then shut your trap,” I growled, her smirk only growing because she wanted to annoy me and she was indeed doing that.

“Nealer come on!” Sidney yelled and I waved him off.

“Naw, let ‘em go, I wanna see how this goes,” I heard Talbo and Staalsy say.

“They’re at it again?” Cooke asked, “Just fuck and get it over with!”

I glared at my teammates and then heard her giggled. I felt my stick being taken out of my hands and then looked to see the door onto the ice opening.

“Sid, give me a hand please!” Caroline said and Sidney nodded his head and skated over towards us, smirking as he helped Caroline to the center of the ice.

Geno set a puck up and Sidney muttered something into Caroline’s ear before skating back and everyone watched. Caroline smirked towards me and I watched as she shot the puck, smirking knowing that she wasn’t going to get it in.

“Holy shit!” she yelled, throwing her hands into the air.

My eyes nearly bulged out of my head seeing that the puck had gone into the net. Caroline was jumping up and down on the ice, but then slipped and started to fall back. Geno caught her under her arms and I sighed and shook my head, cursing because that only gave her more fuel to harass me.

The guys were cheering and laughing, “A natural!” they were calling her and I rolled my eyes.

“Awwww, did I piss the wittle baby off?” Caroline teased as Geno helped her off of the ice.

“Shut up,” I muttered and then grabbed my stick off of her and watched as she laughed and walked away.

-Caroline-
“Nicely done, sis,” Trisha laughed as I walked into her office and saw her standing in front of the window, “You got those boys wrapped around your finger.”

“Eh, not all of them.”

“No, all of them,” she laughed, “Even Neal.”

“Highly doubt that,” I laughed and then sat in the chair in front of her desk.

“So you two still at each other’s throats?” Trisha asked as she walked over towards her seat and looked at me, “You like him, don’t you?”

“No, why would you say that?”

“Because you two are always arguing, always pushing each other’s buttons,” she laughed, “I’d say that you like him.”

“Not a chance,” I laughed, “Now your little boy toy, Crosby, on the other hand-“

“Hush! We’re nothing-“

“That was not nothing that I walked into,” I laughed and saw my sister’s face turn red, “I’m teasing, I can see Letang being my man!”

“He has a girlfriend and a baby,” she said and I sighed.

“Now I can see Geno being my man!”

“Too scared of girls; although, he is surprisingly comfortable with you,” Trisha smirked, “It’s official, you’re one of the guys!”

“Eh, yay me,” I muttered and Trisha laughed, “All right, I can see,” I paused to think.

“I swear, if you say Staalsy or Talbo, I’m gunna kill you!”

“Because Jordan Staal is so at the top of my list,” I snorted, “Yeah ok.”

“Oh, I’m sure he’d love to hear that,” I heard behind me and turned to see Sidney standing there leaning against the door.

“I’m sure it would make his day,” I laughed.

“You did!” I heard and then saw Jordan’s head pop into the room, “Anytime you want it baby, you know where to find me!”

“Yeah, uh huh, I’ll remember that,” I laughed and rolled my eyes.

Sidney and Trisha were smirking at each other, and I got the point that it was time for me to leave, “Whelp, I’m getting the vibe that we’re not wanted here, Staalsy.”

“You want me already? I just showered!” he teased and I scoffed and walked out of the room, waving bye to Sidney and Trisha, laughing when we weren’t even down the hallway and the door was slammed shut, “So, you and Nealer?”

“So, you and Talbo?” I asked and smirked towards him, “Bromance?”

“Naw.”

“Bed buddies?” I asked and he chuckled.

“I was gunna ask the same,” he said and then pressed the elevator button.

“Not a chance in hell that would happen,” I laughed as the door opened.

“What? Too chicken to sleep with him?” Jordan asked as we stepped into the elevator.

“Try not desperate enough,” I laughed.

“Well then,” Jordan stopped the elevator and pushed me against the wall, standing in front of me and towering over me, “Want to give it a try with me?”

“Still not desperate enough,” I said, pushing Jordan back and then pressing the button for the elevator to go again.

“Oh, come on,” he chuckled, pressing the stop button again.

“No, you come on!” I said and went to press the button to go, but felt Jordan’s hands on my thighs and he picked me up off of the ground and leaned me against the wall, moving me away from the buttons, “Yo! Shit face! Put me down!”

“As long as you’re goin’ down on me,” he smirked and I blushed at how close he was to me.

“Why?” I asked and Jordan looked at me confused.

“Why what?”

“Why do you want to have anything to do with me? You’ve got a shit load of puck bunnies graveling at your feet as soon as you walk into a club. Why would you want me?”

“An experiment,” he stated and I rolled my eyes.

“Well then Professor, your funds for this experiment have been cut off, you a no longer allowed to test on humans,” I stated as I kicked the back of his leg and watched him fall to his knees, “Stick to animal testing.”

I pressed the button for the elevator to go and practically ran out, deciding to take the stairs the rest of the way.

-James-
I walked out of the locker room and headed down the hall, I heard the stairwell door slam closed as I turned the corner and then saw the elevator door open to see Jordan groaning against the wall, “What the hell happened to you?”

“Your girl.”

“What girl? Caroline? She’s not my girl,” I stated and Jordan scoffed, “What happened?”

“Tried to put the moves on her, didn’t happen,” he muttered as he walked out of the elevator, “Only girl I know that can resist the charm, must be the hair.”

“Yeah, I’m sure that’s what it was,” I muttered as he walked towards the locker room.

I snorted as he had to lean against the wall and rub the back of his leg. The stairwell door opened and turned my head just in time to feel someone crash into me. I was pushed to the ground and on my back; I groaned as my head hit the floor and looked up, feeling someone laying on top of me and in-between my legs.

“What the fuck?!” I muttered, seeing Caroline pushing herself up, still kneeling in-between my legs. I could feel the heat rushing to my face, “Where the hell is the fire?”

“Where’s Staal?” she asked looking around.

“He went to the damn locker room! What the hell, get off!”

“Did I hear my name?” I heard and looked to see Jordan sticking his head out.

Caroline cursed and then I felt her grab my leg and pull me into the stairwell, “What the hell?!”

“Shush!” she said and leaned against the wall, hearing Jordan walking down the hallway.

“What are we-“ Caroline placed her hand over my mouth and leaned against my chest, I asked what was going on, but it only sounded like a muffle. When she finally moved her face, she walked over towards the window and looked into the hall, “What the hell are you doing?”

“What does it look like?! I’m hiding from Staal!”

“Why drag me into it?!”

“Because you would rat me out in a heartbeat!” she growled and then walked over towards me and stood in front of me, pressing her body against mine, “And I wasn’t going to take the chance of that happening.”

‘…Damn she looks so hot right now! What the hell? Shut up Neal!...’