All the Faint Lights

007:

Chapter Seven
Busted!

"I knew that was just an act!" Cooke yelled as he saw us walking out of the stairwell and looking around.

I cursed and then shook my head, "You don't know what you're talking about!"

"Please," he laughed and then looked back and forth between Caroline and I, "I knew it all along!"

"No, you don't," she said and then started to walk away.

I growled and then turned back towards Cooke to see that Jordan walked walking out of the locker room. I smirked and then turned back towards Caroline walking down the hall, "Yo Staalsy!"

"What?"

"That way!" I yelled, pointing down the hall to see Caroline looking back at me wide eyed.

She cursed and Jordan smirked and started to charge towards her, "Asshole!" she yelled and started to run away from Jordan.

A big smirk on my face as I turned back to Cooke to see him smirking and shaking his head, "You're pathetic."

"What?"

"It's written all over your face that you like her," he said and then patted my shoulder and walked away, "Who doesn't like a little challenge though?!"

"You're wrong," I muttered, knowing that he didn't hear me.

-Caroline-
"Outta the way! Otta the way!" I yelled as I ran past people with Jordan on my tail.

People slammed themselves against the wall as I came by. I saw Max at the end of the hall with an amused smirk on his face.

"You want me to grab her?" Max asked and I growled, knowing that there was no way I was going to get out of this.

"Naw! I like when they play hard to get," Jordan said and still moved far away from Max as I ran past him, just in case he did try to grab me.

I saw the locker room doors and knew that there were locks on the door and plus another way out, there was my ticket.

I slammed my body into the door, opening a little and then feeling it stop. I turned my head seeing Jordan feet away from me. I didn't know why the door wasn't opening, but it was opened enough so that I could slide my body through. I closed the door and locked it just in time to hear Jordan slam against the door.

"Dude, you all right?" I heard and turned around to see Geno on the ground with Kris Letang standing over him.

"Oh my god, Geno, I'm so sorry!" I blushed and then knelt next to him, "Are you all right?"

"So this mean I see stars," he muttered, blinking his eyes and then rubbing his head, "Ow."

"What's going on?" Kris asked looking over towards me.

"Staalsy," I said and Kris smirked and nodded his head.

"Of course it is," Marc muttered and then said something in French that made Kris nod his head.

I place my hand on Geno's shoulder and watched as Kris grabbed his hand and helped him stand.

"You ok, G? Any whip lash?" Tanner Glass asked and Geno smirked and shook his head.

"I ok," he said and looked down at me, "You ok?"

"I-"

"Where is she?!" I heard and then looked towards the other side of the locker room to see Jordan running in.

"Crap," I muttered and then ran behind Geno and hid, well, tried to hide.

"I not know," I heard Geno say as he back me up into a corner and I smirked.

'...Thank you Geno...'

"Where the hell did she go?" he asked and then I heard the door open and I peeked through Geno's arm to see that he was gone.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I saw a text from Asher saying that I needed to get to the studio. I sighed and then moved forward when Geno moved away, "Thanks Geno," he smiled and nodded his head, "Walk me to my car?"

"Sure," he said and I heard some of the guys laugh.

"You're usually pretty good at dodging Gronk," Marc sighed and I sighed.

"Nealer ratted me out," I said and the guys laughed.

Geno walked me out and we successfully managed to get to my car without running into Jordan, "Thanks Geno!"

"No problem, I bodyguard," he laughed and I smirked and then reached up to kiss his cheek.

"See you later," I giggled because his face was a little red.

I left the arena and made it to the studio, my brothers were already waiting for me. They told me about the song that they were going to sing and then asked if I could work the controllers because RJ was off today.

"What's it called?" I asked as the boys walked into the box.

"Cruise," Gordon said and I smirked and looked at the CD, "Track four."

"Got it," I said and then started to set everything up.

The music started and my brothers started to sing, I smirked because it was a new song and I had yet to hear it. The door to the studio opened and I saw Jake walk in with a smirk on his face, I hadn't seen him in a long time. I held up my hand for him to wait and he nodded his head.

Once my brothers had finished their song, they went upstairs to their apartment to let Jake and I catch up.

"What's up?" I laughed as I walked over and hugged him, "How have you been?"

"Good to see you Linny, Pops and I miss ya," he said and I smirked.

"I'm happy that I'm not there anymore though," I said and he nodded his head, "You find anyone?"

"Not really, tried two, three girls, but no," he said and I snorted, "But I have a track that I want you to listen to, maybe put your input on it."

"You know that if it's not country, I don't know what to say."

He chuckled and then handed me the CD, "It's something new for me, not country, but- I don't know."

"All right," I said and then stuck the CD in, "What's it called?"

"Shake Senora," he answered and I smirked and shook my head. I put the music on and I smirked because it was just like Jake, "Some of the guys and I did it."

"I like it, perfect club music," I laughed and he smirked and nodded his head.

"Thought you might say that," he laughed and I smirked and bopped a little to the beat.

The door opened and Jake turned his head, "Thought this was a country studio!"

I turned my head and my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets when I saw some of the guys walking in. I turned the music off and looked at Jake who had a huge smirk on his face, course he's a big fan of hockey, so he knows who these guys were.

"What are you guys doing here? How did you find this place?" I asked and Trisha leaned against the wall with Sidney behind her, smirks on their faces.

"I told them that I was coming here and they followed," she said and I giggled.

"We wanted to see where you worked," Jordan said as he walked in further and looked around.

"Course that's all you wanted to do," I teased and smirked towards me.

"Duh," he laughed and then walked over towards me and leaned against the desk.

Jordan, Kris, Geno, Max, Tyler, Matt, Simon, Dustin and Sidney walked into the studio and I looked over towards Jake to see he was in fan shock, supporting his backwards ghetto Pittsburgh Penguins hat.

"So where's my favorite person?" I asked and the guys chuckled.

"Right here!" Geno said and I laughed and ran over towards him and jumped up.

"My giant teddy bear!" I laughed and then wrapped his arms around my waist and shook me back and forth.

"Pretty sure she was talkin' about Nealer, G," Max said and I scoffed.