All the Faint Lights

008:

Chapter Eight
"Breathe Jake, breathe," I stated as I held Jake's shoulders, afraid that he was going to fall over from shock.

"But they're- And we're- And I'm- But how?" he asked and I laughed a little.

"Trisha is some of their managers," I said and Jake snapped his head over towards Trisha.

"Trish-"

"No!" she said plainly.

"But-"

"No!"

"But-"

"Jake, no!" she said and I laughed and shook my head and then felt an arm drape around my shoulder.

"Can I help you?" I asked as I tilted my head back and saw Jordan smirking towards me.

"You already are," he smiled brightly and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, all right, I'm going to get some work down," I said and then stood up and walked out of his arms, "Trish, you do the buttons?"

"Of course," she said and then walked away from Sidney and over towards the controls, "Move Staalsy," the guys chuckled at Trisha's forcefulness and I smirked as I walked into the box, "What song?"

"You chose, I gotta work on a lot of them," I said and she nodded her head and chose her newest one, Cowboy Casanova. I smirked as I saw the boys crowd around the box as I place my headphones on.

"All right Linny," Trisha said and she hit the button and I heard the music start to play.

"You better take it from me, that boy is like a disease, you run and you try and you're tryin' to hide, and you're wondering why you can't get free. He's like a curse, he's like a drug, you'll get addicted to his love, you wanna get out, but he's holdin' you down, 'cause you can't live without one more touch. He's a, good time, cowboy Casanova, leaning up against the record machine..." I saw my brother's appear in front of the window, well somewhat, the crowd of hockey players kind of blocked their view.

-Trisha-
"...He's the devil in disguise, a snake with blue eyes, and he only comes out at night, gives you feelings that you don't want to fight, you better run for your life..."

"Geez Staalsy, this song sounds like it's about you," Max said as he patted Jordan's shoulder and Jordan scoffed.

"Did you write this, Trish?" Sidney asked and I smirked and shook my head.

"Linny did."

"I thought you said that you write them," Sidney said confused.

"I did- I do, but I found Linny's lyric book and I loved her lyrics, so I've been pushing her to sing them," I said, smiling brightly, "I don't know when she wrote this, so it could be about Staalsy."

The guys laughed and Jordan rolled his eyes, "Then I give her feelings that she doesn't want to fight," he smiled and I scoffed.

"She probably fight feelings to kill you," Geno said and we all laughed as Jordan shook his head.

"She's really good," Dustin said and I nodded my head.

"That's my baby sis," I smiled proudly and then when she finished that song, I had her start another, and another, and another.

After she did four songs, I pulled her out, not wanting to strain her voice. Some of the guys high fived her and I smirked, happy that she was getting along with people. We finally introduced Jake to the guys because he looked like he was about to go into shock if he wasn't able to talk to them.

"I think you made Jake's day," Caroline laughed as she wrapped her arm around his waist and leaned into him.

"You gotta bring them around a lot more," Jake said and Caroline laughed and I looked over towards Asher and Gordon to see that they were in a mini shoving match, which confused me, but I let it go.

"You should come to the game tomorrow night," Sidney said to Jake and I laughed as his eyes went wide.

"We'll hook you up with some seats, that is, if you drag 'Linny' along with ya," Jordan said and Caroline stomped on his foot.

"Only family and friends call me Linny," she stated and I laughed.

"Oh come on, I'm hurt."

"You should be, I just stomped on your foot," she said and the guys laughed and high fived her again.

"So you come?" Geno asked and Caroline sighed and nodded her head, "I'll sit next to Jake, someone has to make sure that he doesn't climb over the glass."

"Hey, I have some control!" he said and Caroline snorted.

"Some? Try none."

"I'll come get you after the game and bring you to the locker room," I said and Jake fist pounded the air and then pulled Caroline in for a tight hug and kissed her cheek, something that took me a little back, as did everyone else.

"This is gunna be so dope! I'll call you later, Lin!" Jake said and Caroline laughed and nodded her
head, waving as he ran out of the studio, only to run back in, "Forgot the CD."

"Let me keep it, I'll bring it tomorrow," Caroline said and he nodded his head.

"Don't forget it! Pops will kill me!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, we won't want that to happen!" she yelled and Jake was out the door.

"So he's, um, interesting," Matt said and I Caroline laughed.

"That's Jake, ya have to be use to him to love him," Caroline said as she walked over towards me and grabbed her water bottle that was on the ground next to me, taking a sip from it.

"So what? You two a thing?" Max asked and I stepped back as Caroline choked on her water and ended up spitting all over Max, Kris and Matt.

I patted Caroline's back and she started to breathe again and then wiped her mouth because water was dripping from it, "Wow," she laughed and coughed, "You're a real knee slapper, Max!"

I had my hand over my mouth and I was trying not to laugh at the boys' faces, but I couldn't help myself, they looked utterly annoyed. The others of course didn't hold back their amusement for the situation, they were laughing hard.

"You guys were in the splash zone!" Gordon said and I couldn't help but lean my head back and let out a good laugh

Once Caroline composed herself she looked at Max and shook her head, "Jake and I are just good friends, and that's it."

-Caroline-
"Well that was an interesting day," I laughed as Trisha and I walked into our home and I smiled when our Pitbull, Roxy ran over towards us, "Hi girl!"

"You wanna take her for a walk?" Trisha asked and I nodded my head.

"Sure, come on girl!" I smiled and then grabbed her leash, "Actually, I think I'm gunna take her to the park."

"But that's across town?" Trisha said and I shrugged my shoulders, "All right."

I gather up Roxy's ball, hooked her to her leash, grabbed my purse and put my jacket back on. We walked out to my car and Roxy jumped into the backseat. I drove the fifteen-twenty minute drive to the park and then parked my jeep and got out, gathering Roxy.

"Ready girl," I giggled and then locked my jeep and walked into the park. I found the spot that I usually throw Roxy's ball and let her go crazy, she was a good dog, and usually there weren't many other people at this time.

I must have thrown the ball a few times and laughed when she would bring it back and then want to play tug-a-war. I scratched behind her ear and then giggled when she let the ball go, and I threw it again. Roxy was chasing the ball and I heard someone yell something behind me. I turned around curious only to be trampled to the ground by a big dog and then he jumped over me and continued running.

"I so sorry, he not like- Caroline?"

I pushed myself up and looked to see Geno standing there looking horrified, "Teddy bear, what are you doing here?"

"Walking Jeffrey, or he walking me," Geno chucked and then walked up to me and helped me stand, "I sorry."

"It's no problem- Where'd he go? Where'd mine go?" I asked looking around.

"Jeffrey!" Geno yelled and I looked at him weirdly, "What?"

"You named your dog, Jeffrey?" I asked, trying to hold back a laugh.

"Eh, he look like a Jeffrey," Geno said and I smirked, "Your dog?"

"Roxy," I said and we started to look for our dogs.