Crash

Crash

Wait, where you say you've been?
Who you been with?


His brown eyes. His glorious smile. The little silver ring that his nose had been pierced with. His long hair that whipped around his face in the wind. Those were all memories of someone who I was forgetting. Someone who I was just now realized who they were to me and now, I have no idea where they went.

Where you say you're going?
Who you going with?


"Kellin, love, what are you thinking so hard about?" Katelynne asked placing my breakfast in front of me with a slightly curious expression.
"Something I've been dreaming the past few nights..." I said not looking at her.
"What is it?" She asked.
"There was someone who I knew before my accident. I don't know what my relation was to them or who they even were, but now all of a sudden, I'm remembering this person and who they were to me," I sighed looked at her as she pursed her lips.
"Strange," she simply said and went back to what she had been doing before.

Keep me on my toes
Keep me in the know


His skin had been a tad bit darker than mine as we laid next to each other in the field back home. Every time I was around him, he was smiling. He was genuinely happy with me and I could say the same about him. I couldn't remember his name, his appearance was fuzzy in my mind, I couldn't even remember the sound of his voice. There was something though that was dragging me to think more and more about this boy each day.

Wait, keep me in your skin,
Keep me in your chest


Katelynne gave me a worried expression as I sat in the same spot as earlier with the same thing running in my mind.
"Did you take your medicine today, sweetheart?" She asked me and I groaned.
She was worried that I hadn't been taking my medicine once again. The only reason why I had to take the pills was because I had trouble falling asleep at night and I had frequent panic attacks after the accident. It had been the night that I couldn't remember very well, but something about it kept me up at night and just let my mind wander to wherever it felt that it needed to be.

I'll wait for it to start
I'll wait for it to end


She brought the medicine into the room and gave it to me with a glass of water.
"You can't keep forgetting, Kels," she sighed and something sparked in my mind.
Kels. He used to call me Kels.
"Are you even listening to me anymore?" She asked me with a frown on her face and I nodded my head before taking my medicine and glancing up at her.
"Then what did I just say?"
I just stared at her in utter silence because truthfully, I hadn't heard a word that came out of her mouth after she used the little pet name on me.

But when I looked at her,
I thought of only you,
If only there was proof I could use to show it's true,


I laid in be that night staring up at the ceiling. He was on my mind and I was trying to remember every single detail about him. Even the littlest of things could possible help me remember who he was and what happened to him. I could hear Katelynne sleeping soundly behind me and I sat up in the bed and glanced over at the clock that sat on her beside table. The numbers told me that it was just past midnight so I crawled out of the bed and made my way into the bathroom.

We were young,
We were in our teens,


My hands were placed on the cold white cabinet and the only sound that filled the room was the running water from the sink. I stared at me tired face in the mirror and I felt like I was going to fall apart if I didn't figure out this puzzle soon enough. I hated missing something that was a key feature of my life and whatever this was, was exactly that. I splashed the water on my face and glanced at my green eyes in the mirror before something hit me like an ocean wave.

It wasn't real love,
Spent behind the bars,

"Hurry up, Kels!" He squealed running down the shore of the beach.
The hot sand was burning my feet and the sun was glaring down at the two of us on the warm summer day. We hadn't picked a more perfect day to go see the ocean.
"Slow down. I'm not that fast," I called and he just turned around and shot me a smile.
"I'm not that much taller than you, Quinn!" He yelled and I felt my heart melt.

Oh, it's sad to think,
We just let it be,
Prisoners of love.


My eyes stared back at me with shock in them. I stood there frozen, my hands on my face, still dripping water onto the counter and into the sink. The running water was still the only sound filling the room and I felt like a statue. I just stood there staring at my own face, not even seeing Katelynne standing in the doorway with her arms crossed in front of her.
"Kellin, what are you doing this late?"
I jumped slightly at the sound of her voice and when I turned around to meet her brown eyes, I really had nothing to say.
"Nothing. I just had a nightmare and I was about to go back to bed," I said and I followed her back into the room.

It's so easy for it to be,
Something second guessed,

I was standing in the center of the field that was only a mile away from my house. I hiked all the way out here almost every day to see him because he was the one who made me happy and neither of our parents would have liked it if we had told them about our relationship. He was already sitting there with his legs crossed awaiting my arrival.
"What took you so long, Kels?" He asked me.
"Mom was starting to wonder why I haven't been hanging out with any of my friends in a while. I had to lie to her just so I could come over here to see you," I said taking my seat beside him and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders as a smile graced my lips.
"I love you, Kels," he whispered softly.
"I love you too, Vic," I said kissing him gently.

Easy to read,
Don't let it become a meaningless routine.
It's meaningless to me.


Daylight smiled it's way through the curtains and the blaring alarm of the clock filled my ears. I groaned and covered my ears as I heard Katelynne slap the clock to get it to shut up and she shook my arm softly.
"Get up, Kellin. We both have things that we need to get done with by today. You need to go to the studio with your band and I'm supposed to have a "girl's day" with a few of my friends," she said and I pulled the pillow away from my face and glared at her.
She just smiled at me and leaned down and gave me a kiss before crawling out of bed and leaving me to get up on my own.

But when I looked at her,
I thought of only you,
If only there was proof I could use to show it's true,


My band members and I sat around the small recording studio with my notebook sitting out in front of us. We were currently picking through the songs that I had wrote at home and on tour, and trying to decide if we wanted to put any of them on the new album that we were planning on putting out sometime soon. We were almost done and I tapped my foot on the floor trying to focus on my work instead of what I had dreamed last night.
"I need to take a break, guys," I said standing up and walking out of the room and outside to get a little bit of fresh air.

Just crash, fall down.
I'll wrap my arms around you now,


I stood in the alleyway with my back against the bricked wall. My eyes were shut tightly as I slid down the side of the building and I began to think back to the night of the accident.
"I saw you with her, Kellin! Don't you dare tell me that you don't feel something for her. I've seen the way you look at her!" Vic yelled at me as tears brimmed his eyes.
It was late that night and we had been arguing with each other the past few days because of a new girl at school who had taken a liking to me. He had been accusing me of cheating on him and I had tried everything in my power to make him think otherwise.

Just crash, it's our time now,
To make this work second time around.

"Vic, I told Katelynne that I wasn't interested in her. She means nothing to me, love. I love you. No one else," I sighed shaking my head at him and he just frowned and I saw a tear trail down his cheek.
"You're going to have to prove it to me then. Right now, I just don't think that you want this with me anymore..." He trailed off and stared at me. His brown eyes told me that he meant the truth.
I sadly nodded my head and I walked out the door without another word. I was already trying to come up with a plan to win his heart back and it kept running over and over in my mind as I made my way home.

We grew up,
We worked and changed our ways,

I never saw the truck coming, either. I woke up in the hospital three days later with a dark haired, brown eyed girl by my side telling me everything that had happened.
Well, everything except for the fact of why I was out that late, who I was with, and the events of that evening. She never did explain to me that I had, had a loving boyfriend that she knew about, but she also knew that no one else knew about it since my relationship with him had been an entire secret.

I opened my eyes and that's when I realized everything. Katelynne had been lying to me all along.

Just like wildfire,
Been burning now for days,


I stood up and walking inside only to see the guys standing there with four other people. Each of them were Hispanic and I knew for a fact that the guys knew them pretty well because of the way that they had been acting around each other. It was like they had known each other for years.
"Oh, hey, Kellin, these are the guys I was telling you about the other day. This is the other band that we went to high school with, Pierce the Veil," Jesse said and I nodded my head before glancing over each one of them.
That's when my eyes fell upon the last one and I felt like my jaw was about to hit the floor.
Standing there was Vic. The guy who I had promised I would make it up to him and the guy that I had been tricked into thinking that he didn't exist.

Tearing down these walls,
Nothing is in our way,
I said, nothing is in our way.


"Vic," I sighed and he stared at me in shock. It was the kind of shock of something that he wasn't expecting coming from someone who had no memory of him after a car accident. It was the shock that I was expecting and he took a step towards me and held out his hand before I shook it.
"Quinn," he said with a playful smile on his lips.
I could feel my heart already beating rapidly against my chest as a smile fell upon my lips also and I knew that there was something still between me and him and there was nothing that was going to get into the way of us this time.

And I know,
I've said this all before,
But opposites attract,


We spent hours just sitting there talking and it had been long after the other guys had left and it was only Vic and I sitting there wondering how the hell that we had grown so distant, only to grow so close once again.
"Do you remember anything about that night?" He asked glancing over at me.
"The night of my accident?" I asked and he nodded his head before waiting for my reply once again.
"Yeah. I didn't until a little while ago because I've been getting my memory back in bits and pieces. You though... I don't know how I forgot you," I said glancing up at him and I could see a blush forming on his cheeks and he smiled at me.
I was just about to say something else when Katelynne walked in and the look on her face was almost priceless.

We try to run away,
But end up running back.


"Hello, Kate," Vic said giving her a small wave and she just glared at him before walking over to me.
"Kellin, what are you still doing here so late? I was starting to get worried about you. Your dinner is sitting at home on the table because I didn't think you were going out with the guys," she trying to keep the guilt from falling in her eyes.
"Katelynne," I said thinking for a moment before continuing, "why did you lie to me about us?"
"What are you talking about, love?" She asked and she knew that she was trapped in her lie.

And all I want to do,
All I want to do,
Is lie down and...


"I remember everything that happened before the accident. I finally have my entire memory back and I know for a fact that we haven't been together for as long as you made it out to be. We haven't even known each other for as long as you said," I said shaking my head and she frowned at me.
"I loved you, Kellin. From the moment I met you, I knew I loved you. It was just a stroke of luck you lost your memory and your's and his relationship was a secret. No one could say that you two were together, but I had made it believable enough for people to think that we had been together for months. You were always gone all the time. Your mother knew that you were going out to see someone," she said and I saw the desperation in her eyes.
"I can't be with someone who led me down a path with lies," I said softly and I looked over at Vic.

Crash, fall down.
I'll wrap my arms around you now.


"I-I-I..." She trailed off and she looked at the two of us before saying, "I understand. I'm sorry, Kellin. I hope he makes you happy if you choose to be with him."
She left without much of another word and Vic and I were left alone once more.
"I never did prove to you how much you really meant to me," I said after an awkward silence.
"You just did," said softly leaning over and kissing my lips softly without warning.
A small smile fell across my lips and everything just seemed absolutely perfect. I never thought I was going to get this kind of feeling again, but here it was. I guess we all just have to crash before we find ourselves back on our feet again.

Ooh, crash, fall down.
Just, crash fall down.


"I love you, Kels," Vic whispered softly.
"I love you too, Vic," I said smiling at him.

Just, crash fall down.
Just, crash fall down.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is what I got when I combined the idea I got from Crash by You Me At Six and pieces of lyrics from the new song Low by Sleeping With Sirens (pretty good song in my opinion, it's really good if you haven't heard it, check it out).
Comment/Recommend/Enjoy.

EmptySighsAndWine