Status: This is my first fic so bear with me

I'm A Walking Travesty

Once Upon A Time This Place Was Beautiful And Mine

"Jack. Jack! We're gonna miss our flight come on get up."

My mom pulled the warm blanket off my bare chest and opened the shades to allow the piercing sunlight to shine like daggers into my eyes. I curled up in a ball and buried my head in the pillow.

"THE LIGHT! IT BURNSSS!" I screamed. I heard her laugh and I smiled.

"Get up lazybones," she chuckled, "your clothes are on the box you need to put your sheets in. We'll stop for breakfast on the way to the airport."

I listened to her footsteps walking away and down the stairs. Ugh why'd she have to get the early flight? I peeled myself off my bed to see the clothes my mom had picked out for me. A pair of black skinny jeans, a studded belt, a Blink-182 tee, a black sweatshirt, a purple beanie, and my worn out black converse. My iPod sat on top of the pile along with my headphones. I pulled on my clothes, grabbed my iPod, and took a deep breathe as All The Small Things rang through my ears. I looked around at the blank walls that were once covered in posters and the plain brown boxes scattered across the floor. This place is no longer my home. I packed my sheets in the last box, adjusted my bracelets so that they covered my scars, said one last goodbye, and carried the boxes downstairs to the moving truck.

"Where do you want to go for breakfast?" My mom asked as we pulled out of our driveway for the last time. The thought of food disgusted me, but I couldn't let her know that. I'll just throw it up up later.

"Umm I'm not that hungry. Lets just stop at McDonalds." I said faking a smile for her sake. She needed to think I was okay. Se didn't need anything else to worry about. Hell, shes a single mom raising a gay son, and now, due to a job transfer, she has to pack up all her stuff and move to London.

"Okay, so are you excited to move to a new country?"

"Yeah, I guess." Conversation continued like that throughout our meal until we pulled up to the airport.

"I CALL THE WINDOW SEAT!!!" I yelled after we made our way through security.

"You can be such a little kid sometimes, you know that?" She giggled as she sat next to me on the plane.

"Shut up." I stuck my tongue out at her.

"You're not helping yourself." She said as she stuck her tongue out at me in return.

"Fine if I'm a little kid I should get naptime. Goodnight." I put my headphones on and drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first fanfic so feedback would be great. Sorry I know its terrible. I'm trying though.