Status: Active

Trust

Dear Aiden

Dear Aiden Aurora McCallister,
I know this letter must peak your curiosity. You have no clue who I am, yet you get a letter in the mail from me. It must be weird for you, but I wouldn't write if it wasn't something important.
My name is Alexandria Adelynn, and I am your mother. I know this doesn't make sense to you, but I hope that once I explain, you won't despise me for leaving you in the care of your aunt.
When I was pregnant with you, I was in a lot of trouble. I can't exactly go into details about it, but know that it was bad. I didn't want to involve anyone else in the madness, so I talked to my sister and begged her to take you when I gave birth. I saw you for five minutes and then told the nurse and doctor not to bring you around anymore. I couldn't risk them getting a hold of you and taking you.
Them being the ones I was in trouble with. The ones you would have called your grandparents. I knew if I saw you longer, I would never give you up and they would take you away somewhere I could never find you again. In their minds, this was how it should be. I'm a danger to everyone that comes in contact with me. You were too special to put you in harm's way whatsoever. So I made Genevieve take you. She was so much better with children than I could ever be. She kept you safe when I couldn't.
I still know none of this makes sense to you, but if we could meet in person, I could explain the rest to you. I'd really like to see you. Please respond.
Love,
Your mother
xx