‹ Prequel: Tell Me You Need Me

You're Dying to Please

My heart bars a distance that you can never comprehend.

I was emotionally and physically in a lot of pain. My husband fucked my ass as hard as he could, and then tells me he wants a break. We're not in a relationship, we're married. Married couples aren't supposed to be taking breaks...
Ricky put his clothes on and walked in the lounge. I however stood there, not knowing what to do.
The room was suddenly filled with the voice of Marilyn Manson, indicating that I had a phone call. I grabbed my phone and saw a random number calling me.
"Hello?" I said.
"Hey, is this Chris?" the person on the other line asked. They sounded really familiar.
I hesitated for a moment. "Yeah, who is this?"
"This is Brandon from The Witch Was Right," he chuckled.
Oh yeah, I needed to talk to him. "Hey! I had to ask you something."
"I know, Josh gave me your number and told me to talk to you. What's up?"
"Well," I said. "We kicked Angelo out of our band and I was wondering if you could temporarily fill in for him?"
"Sure!" he sounded excited. "Do you have a permanent replacement? I'd love to join you guys!"
"That would be great, but can you do both bands? I don't want to take you away from them," I said.
"I can definitely do both! I'll see you guys at sound check today?"
"See you there," I said as I hung up.
Well, Ricky was still pissed off at me but it was good that we found a replacement. The only good news coming to me this week actually... I really did miss Angelo, it was hard for me to let him leave like that.
Slightly being inspired about my situation with Ricky, I grabbed my lyric notebook I had by my bunk. I grabbed a pen and wrote down some stuff I had in mind:
"I am an architect of difference, you are just a hole.
Oh how I love to hear you beckon and stripped to the bone.
But when I come around, I come inside and just leave.
Cause if I had a heart I wouldn’t wear it on my fucking sleeve.
You know you love it when we oh, oh, oh.
I want it dirty, with the lights on, filthy, vile, and obscene.
I wanna show you what a bitch I can be.
"
It felt great to get that down on paper, it got my feelings out. Writing helped me out a lot.
My thoughts were interrupted when Balz announced that we were at the venue. I got changed into black skinny jeans and a random Blackcraft shirt I had laying around. I slipped my vans on and helped the guys get our equipment in the venue.
I grabbed an amp and my microphone until I was stopped in my tracks by a guy. He was roughly around 6'0", had a lot of tattoos like me, and had the center of his lip pierced.
"Chris, right?" he said as he held out his hand.
I dropped the amp down by the stage and shook his hand. "Yeah, Brandon?"
"Yep, nice to meet you," he smiled.
He seems like a really nice guy. "You too. You ready to practice with us?"
"Yeah, I actually already know how to play some of your stuff. I've been watching you guys side stage, you do great!" he commented.
"Thanks," I grinned. It's good that he knows how to play some of our stuff.
He helped me carry some of the stuff out into the venue, and I ran into Ricky multiple amounts of times. He still hasn't said a word to me, I didn't really expect him to.
"That's Ricky your guitarist, right?" Brandon asked me as he set down a stand.
"He's my husband," I said.
His facial expression dropped. "Why is he looking at you like that?"
"Well," I started. "He's mad at me because I fucked him while he was asleep."
I saw him place his hand over his mouth. "I'm sorry but that's kind of funny."
I laughed and we all gathered around together to practice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"This ones called Scissorhands!" I yelled into the microphone, followed up by the screams of our fans.
I heard the guitars coming in, followed up by Brandon's drumming. I looked over at Ricky whose head was down. I really needed to apologize to him.
"Move!" I yelled as I started jumping up and down. "Get off your fucking feet!"
The fans started jumping along with me. I smiled, we have the greatest fans in the world.
"Incomplete, alone and unfinished, my flaws in design are all I've become," I screamed into the microphone. I looked over at Ricky, this is exactly how I felt with him right now.
I walked up and stood on an amp. "I can feel myself wither away, the darkest of evils, this way will become," I paused for a couple seconds. "Isolation, mutilation as predicted this love has torn us apart. From temptation to damnation, my heart bars a distance that you can never comprehend," I looked over at Ricky who was looking at me. I noticed his eyes were more of a green color. That's odd.
I started screaming again. "If you only knew how much I'd die just to hold you without my hands disguised," I looked at Ricky again. My life seems so relatable to Edward Scissorhands right now.
"As the darkness approaches the light, I welcome the dead into my soul. And as vanity strikes with a vengeance, to bury me under this 6 feet of snow." I started walking toward Ricky. I stood next to him as I screamed "I've fallen in love!"
I looked into his green eyes and saw them glass over with tears.
I decided he needed space, I don't want to distract him from playing. I walked up to Brandon's drum platform and started singing the chorus.
"I'm a man with scissors for hands. I long for a love that I know I can't have," I paused for a breath. "It's so sad, my heart in your hands. I melt like the snow in the part where you dance, the part where you dance."
♠ ♠ ♠
:c

Chapter title credit: Scissorhands (The Last Snow) by Motionless In White