‹ Prequel: Tell Me You Need Me

You're Dying to Please

You said you'd never hurt me, now this is all that we have left.

I was more than scared. I hated knowing the fact Ryan was on the same bus as I was. He wanted me dead, I could sense it. Yeah I had Chris to protect me but I felt a false sense of security.
"Babe, are you alright?" Chris asked, turning his head away from the road.
I sighed. "I'm just worried."
"You're going to be okay, I promise. I won't let him touch you," he said as he squeezed my hand.
I rubbed tiny circles on the outside of his hand and put my feet up on the dashboard.
"Baby," Chris started. "We're going to take care of Ryan. He gets bad punishment for breaking our rules."
"Do you know what the punishment is?" I wondered.
"I'm not sure, I'll have to ask."
A couple hours later, it was Balz's turn to drive. Me and Chris started walking back to the bunk area, but Ryan stopped us in our tracks. Fucking great.
"Olson," he growled.
I felt my eyes get warm. "Fuck off."
That wasn't very smart of me to do. He lifted me up with one arm and slammed me down on the ground. Chris tried pushing him away, but Ryan sent him to the other side of the room.
Chris looked at me. "You know I'm against you using your abilities, but this is an emergency. Use it."
I had no choice but to. I relaxed my mind, thinking of nothing. Imagining I was Ryan, I took over his body. I made him stand still.
It was extremely hard for me to use this ability because I was never properly trained. I saw Chris get up from where he was on the ground, running toward the bathroom. I felt myself being pushed back against the wall by a strong force. I assumed it was Ryan because I couldn't control him anymore.
Chris immediately emerged from the bathroom to see what the ruckus was about. Ryan had me against the wall, choking the life out of me.
"Ryan, let him go!" Chris growled.
Ryan glared back at him. "I wouldn't move if I were you, Chris."
My vision got blurry, when all of a sudden I was on the ground. I was able to breathe again.
When I was able to see, I looked in front of me. Ryan was motionless on the floor. I looked over at Chris and saw a small bottle in his hand. He dropped it and ran over to me, picking me up from off the ground. He carried me over to the couch.
"Are you okay?" he asked.
I nodded. "Throat hurts but it's bearable."
He crouched down in front of me, taking both of my hands in his. He started sobbing and fell onto the ground.
I leaned down to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He started crying into my shoulder.
"Is he dead?" I weakly asked him.
He nodded and started sobbing again.
I really couldn't believe Chris let go two of his best friends for me. He's known them for hundreds of years, and I'm just a nobody...
Chris looked up at me with his bloodshot eyes. "Baby, please don't be upset."
Fuck. My eyes must have turned green. "Why did you kill him?"
"I-I had no choice but to," his voice cracked. "Were you not listening to me when I read my vows?"
Tears found their way in my eyes when I had a flashback of the day. It was fucking perfect. Chris means so fucking much to me, and I mean so much to him.
"Chris," I sighed. "I know I mean a lot to you, you mean a lot to me too, but you're never going to see Ryan ever again. Or Angelo, most likely because we dropped him off on the side of the road. You have to control yourself. I-I need to go have a cigarette."
I broke free of Chris and walked up to the front of the bus. I told Balz to pull over, he willingly did so.
I stepped out of the bus and lit my cigarette. I took a long drag off it, making me feel more at ease.
I was almost done with my cigarette when the door to the bus opened. It was Chris.
He walked over to me, pulling my cigarette out of my hand. He dropped it down on the pavement, stomping it out. Looking back up at me, he took me into his arms. His anxiety was really kicking in, I felt so bad for him.
"Baby," he said, pulling away. "I never meant to upset you."
I ran my fingers through his hair. "I know."
He placed his hands on the sides of my face. Leaning closer, he pulled me in for a kiss. We stood like that for about a minute.
He pulled away, placing his forehead on mine.
"I may not have built this kingdom but I'll make fucking sure that I protect it from you."
I smiled at his words.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ali please don't kill me

Chapter title credit: Sinematic by Motionless In White