‹ Prequel: Tell Me You Need Me

You're Dying to Please

There's red on the knife... what good will come of this?

"Someone call 911!" I yelled.
I grabbed a towel from the rack in the bathroom and I wrapped it around Devin's arm. I looked in his right hand, seeing a knife. I really couldn't believe he would do something like this to us. Although it was impossible for him to bleed out and die, due to him being a vampire, this still concerned me.
He looked at me as I pulled him into my chest. "Devin, everything's gonna be alright."
"Don't have them call 911, the cut isn't deep," he choked out.
I carried him out into our lounge area and the guys huddled around me. "Did anyone call?" I asked. They all shook their heads.
"We wanted to see what happened first," Angelo sadly said. He must have been so upset.
I looked over at Ricky who had his hand over his mouth. He was sobbing. Balz patted his back, assuring him Devin would be alright. I looked back at Devin. I patted the area of his cut to try to stop the bleeding. He hissed in pain.
"Josh!" I yelled to our tour manager who was driving.
"Yeah? Are you guys alright?" he asked.
I looked at Devin and I saw the hurt in his eyes. I needed to talk to him asap. "Not necessarily, can you pull over?"
"Sure kiddo."
He pulled the bus over and I looked at Devin. "Do you want to talk to me?"
He shook his head. "I want to talk to Ricky."
"Alright." I was taken a bit back that he didn't want to talk to me about his problem, but I shook it off. Ricky was closer to him than I ever was.
I went to our bunk area and grabbed Ricky a pair of shorts to put on, he'd be freezing if he went out in his boxers. I handed them to him and he mouthed 'thank you' to me, it was probably hard for him to talk.
I kissed his forehead and watched him take Devin off the bus. I looked at Angelo who was looking down at the ground.
"Ange, did something happen?" I asked.
The rest of the guys went back to their bunks and we sat on the couch. He cried on my shoulder.
"I fucked up, Chris," he cried.
I wrapped my arms around him. "What happened?"
He wiped his face with his shirt. "We were just out here watching movies like we usually would, and he started talking about how he's been depressed. So I kind of yelled at him and asked him if I was good enough for him. Then he stormed off into the bathroom and did that," he started sobbing again.
I rubbed tiny circles in his back to comfort him. "Ange, he'll be alright. You just got to apologize."
"It's not good enough."
I sighed. "Then take him out to dinner, just the two of you. Remind him of how much you love him and care about him. I'm sure that's all he needs to hear."
"Alright. Thanks Chris," he smiled.
I took him into my arms before he spoke up again.
"You might want to see if Rick is alright," he suggested.
"Yeah," I agreed. "I will once they're done talking."
I pulled away from Angelo's grasp and Josh walked toward us.
"Guys, we gotta get back on the road. Should I get them?" he asked.
"I'll get them," I said.
I walked off the bus and I saw Devin in Ricky's arms. Ricky looked up at me.
"Guys, we have to get going," I said quietly.
They turned around and headed in the bus. When I walked on, I saw Angelo was gone from the couch. Ricky and Devin sat on the kitchen table and I walked toward the bunk area. I opened Angelo's curtain and I saw him.
"Hey," I said.
He looked at me. "Yeah?"
"Please don't do anything stupid. I don't need to see you like that."
He weakly smiled. "I won't."
I moved the hair out of his face and kissed his forehead. "Good night, Ange."
I started to walk away when I heard Angelo call my name.
"What's up?" I asked as I pulled the curtain back again.
"I love you Chris."
I smiled. "I love you too."
I started walking away again but he grabbed my arm.
"Will you sleep in my bunk with me tonight?" he asked quietly.
"I'll go ask Rick if he's alright with it, I'm sure Devin wants him to sleep with him anyway," I said as I walked to the kitchen.
I saw Devin in Ricky's arms, and I was hit with a little jealousy. "Ricky?"
He looked up at me. "Yeah?"
"Ange wanted to know if I could sleep in his bunk with him, he's really hurt right now," I said.
Devin laughed. "He's not hurt."
Well damn.
"Go ahead," Ricky spoke up. "I'll have Devin sleep with me."
"Alright," I said as I walked back to Angelo. I grabbed a pair of shorts and pulled them up on me.
I crawled into Angelo's bunk and wrapped my arms around him. I'm probably not getting any sleep tonight, it was almost impossible for me to sleep without Ricky in my arms.
"Good night," Angelo whispered.
I smiled. "Good night."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title credit: Trace Out the Heart by Motionless In White