Could Life Be Any Better

A New Life

Athena’s mouth dropped, she looked up searching the familiar faces, seeing her best friends which meant a lot, the faces of her new family as well. Both Denise and Paul were on the verge of tears, Joe giving her a nod as her eyes met his, Kevin and Dani with little Alena smiling. Athena noticed her new family had the same looks about them, they all had already accepted her with not just open arms but open hearts. She was still looking around, searching for two special faces and finally got nervous, biting her lip when she didn’t find them. Her parents finally walked into view, holding hands and smiling from ear to ear, so proud of their baby girl. Athena couldn’t help it, she began crying once she saw her parents and how proud then looked of her. She knew her dad was being strong, he wanted to cry but didn’t want to, that is until he saw her. Her mother was close to breaking down, once she too saw Athena crying. Athena:” Nick…It would make me the happiest person, the happiest I’ve ever been in my life, in fact, to Marry you. I would love nothing more than to officially be your girl. YES!!” Nick smiled and slid the ring on her finger, while everyone began clapping and cheering. She helped him up and they pulled each other into a kiss. Once he broke the kiss, lights came on all around them and music began playing. Everyone looked around as they all realized they were standing around a carnival. Athena just glanced at Nick, who smiled. She knew he planned it all, but she grabbed his hand and headed for the Ferris wheel.
When they were seated, and the Ferris wheel got going, Nick pulled out his phone, smiling over at her. Nick took a picture of them together, then he took one of her hand with the ring. He tagged her in it but posted it to both Twitter and Instagram. Athena put her head on his shoulder, enjoying the rest of the night.
Over the next few weeks, he finished up his new album, but wouldn’t let her hear any of it. She couldn’t even hear one song, since it is to be a surprise for her and the world. Nick has changed up his music, far from what the Jonas Brothers were together, and very different from his first album; Nick Jonas and the Administration. Once he was ready to release one of the songs for his single, he did but his way. He released the song through his Twitter. His loyal fans loved it, some were taken aback by the style, it sent the media into a frenzy. Even though Nick posted their engagement on both twitter and Instagram, and it was trending, the paparazzi just seemed totally clueless. Athena and Nick were exiting a local bistro after having brunch, the photogs chased after them as usual. One of them finally spotted the ring, so the wedding questions then followed but neither one said a word. A few days later, he was set to appear on Good Morning America, to discuss his newest album. He set the record straight for those who didn’t know as well, as all those that were non-believers.
Interview w/ Robin Roberts:
Robin:
“Welcome this morning, to Good Morning America. We have a special guest with me right now, one Nick Jonas. It’s good to see you again, Nick!”
Nick:
“It’s good to see you again as well, Robin. You’re looking beautiful as always”
Robin:
“Awe, why thank you Nick. Ok so, you’ve been working on new music I hear. I also heard that your relationship with girlfriend Athena, is also going very well. What else have you been up to?”
Nick:
“Yes, I’ve been busy working on new music as well as other projects. Now my music this time, is very different from the first album. Unlike the Administration, this new one is even more personal, more from the heart but the beats are amazing. Yes, Athena and I are doing great, in fact we are setting the record straight…Athena, come out here!”
Athena:
“AH, hello everyone, Mrs. Roberts it’s a pleasure to finally meet you!”
Robin:
“So, what’re you setting the record straight on?”
Nick:
“A few nights ago, I brought her to the place where we first met. In front of our families and close friends, I…asked her to marry me!”
Athena:
“I said yes of course. It was very romantic, because after I said yes, he had a carnival all set up which we got to take pictures onto of the Ferris wheel, as a newly engaged couple!”
Robin:
“Congrats to the both of you, and you heard it first right here on Good Morning America. When we come back, we have Nick’s first single!”
During the commercial break, Robin asked to see the ring, so Athena leaned over and showed her.
Robin:
“Alright Nick, what’s the single you’ve brought us today?”
Nick:
“It’s called Jealous, and only right here on GMA, do you see the music video!”
When they left, Athena was excited wearing a smile from ear to ear. Nick gently squeezed her hand which she glanced at him. Nick:” They’re going to love your voice when they hear it. I’m glad you decided to do two songs on the album babe. Soon, we will talk about the thing’s we’d like for our wedding!” “Honestly, just being with you is enough for me. I’m in no rush, lets take our time!” said Athena. He nodded, smiling at her. Over the next few months, Athena was toying with either having a very girly wedding but then again, she also wanted her own touches, her own style. Nick:” Why don’t you have the girly but with our own spin?!” Athena smiled biting her lip, nodding. Athena:” You know me so well!”
Before long, their big day had arrived already (https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=236330031). The priest went to Athena to allow her to save her vows. Athena:” When we first met, I never thought that at that very moment, looking into your eyes…I knew two things, one was that I didn’t know I had found my soulmate, and two, that I had falling in love. That moment we met, even though I was shy, I knew you were this special person that I had to watch out for. I knew that you’d mean the world to me, and that my life had changed when we met, I just didn’t know how much. Nick, you and your family have gotten me to open so much that I’m now willing to sing and dance in front of anyone. I’m glad that we not only found each other but that we both fell for each other. You make me so very happy my Nicky!” “I’m beyond happy that we met and went from there. When I first heard your voice, I knew just knew right there that the inner star would soon come out with a little help. I’m so glad that you answered back, that we slowly got to where we are today. We slowly got to know each other and slowly began falling in love. All I do is talk about you while wearing the biggest, cheesiest smile across my face, that stretches from ear to ear. The mention of your name in fact, always makes my heart race,” Nick stated. With that, the priest announced their first kiss, and that they’re now, Mr. & Mrs. Nicholas Jonas.