Could Life Be Any Better

Happily Never After

After the reception (https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=236331276), they left on their honeymoon. Athena had a bad feeling, but she didn’t share it with Nick. Secretly she hoped it was wrong or would just go away. Then the plane began to become very turbulent, and next thing they knew, the pilot was saying “brace for impact”. Nick grabbed Athena’s hand, both looking into each other’s eyes, squeezing each other’s hands. Both sent a text to family, and when they hit, the water came rushing in as soon as someone opened the door. Athena grabbed their air masks quickly, working her skills and what she remembered, and made them where they had two good breaths. Nick grabbed his, he kissed her and told her he’ll get them out of this, she just nodded. Athena stayed close, tried staying calm as she followed him. They went to the back of the plane, Nick turned to look at her. Nick:” Stay calm, please just stay calm. I think the plane will quickly fill with water now, so be calm.” Athena nodded, following on his heels. They floated in the water a moment, before taking a deep breath. Both dove under, pulling themselves to the door, pushing themselves out of the plane…until a passenger grabbed her leg. She tried motioning to him that he needs to follow her out the plane, but she saw his life slowly leave him as his last breath did. Nick pulled her to follow him, she tried not being weak, tried not to take a hit of her air yet, but Nick saw her slowing down. He saw that her eyes were trying to adjust. Finally, she took a hit off her air as did Nick. They both pushed upward, so close to breaking free of the water, to get an idea of where they might be. Once they finally broke the surface, they looked around. They were a few miles away from any time of land, so they began swimming. Before they knew it, pieces of the plane began breaking off, floating to the surface.
Athena tried grabbing the pieces, or some of them, telling Nick they may need them if they make it to land at all. They squinted in the distance and saw the land they had been hoping to see. Both began heading in that direction, Nick decided it was best to use their legs to kick themselves that way but take turns so they’re both not too tired.
It felt like years, but they finally made it to the island or piece of land they saw. Once they reached the beach, they collapsed catching their breaths. They grabbed all the pieces of plane that were going towards the beach, collecting them in a pile. As they thought about what’s going to happen, back home their families were trying to figure out what exactly happened, what the proper authorities are doing about it. Mrs. Jonas:” Look, I don’t mean to be rude or anything but that’s my baby boy and his new wife. We know their plane went down but that’s all we know. We did get their last texts before the plane went down. Now what do you plan on doing to get them back? How are you going to find them?” Official:” Now Mr. & Mrs. Jonas, I’m sorry that your son and daughter’s plane went down but you should face the possibility that they’re gone, and we won’t be able to find their bodies.” Mrs. Jonas:” No, I know my kids and I know they’re not gone. I know they’re out there somewhere. Now please, I want something done.” Mr. Jonas pulled his wife away, gathered their family and friends, then he asked them to bow their heads as he began to pray.
Back on the island, they had used a flat rock to move some of the sand away, making a sort of fire pit. Athena gathered water but then made a contraption where the water would boil but the salt would be separated from the water, making it drinkable. Nick placed some of the bigger plane pieces into the sand to form a hut. He mixed some sand, dirt and water together and used it on the outside of the hut to block holes, keeping the warmth inside. They’d worry about more the next day, they were finally exhausted, ready to crash. They grabbed the sleeping bags they had found earlier in the day, where they were able to dry them out, and then laid down. Athena snuggled up next to Nick, holding onto him. Athena:” Nick, do you think our parents know we’re still alive or do you think that they might think we’re dead with the others?” Nick:” My mom knows we’re somewhere. That’s the great thing about mother’s…My mom knew if I was hurt. She knew something was wrong, before I even showed up or showed symptoms and we found out that I have diabetes. my parents know and knowing them they’re trying to get people to go out looking for us.” Athena kissed him, slowly drifting off to sleep.
A few months passed, and the right authorities were finally acting like they understood and like they were going to do the job. The only problem was that they didn’t know where to look exactly. Meanwhile, both Nick and Athena were still building a raft to go back to where the plane is to try to get more materials. On the day they had planned on trying this, they found the black box. “If it still works then that’s great. It’s supposed to send a signal out to trace it back to where the plane may be,” stated Athena. They grabbed the black box, bringing it ashore to camp. Nick searched the box, just to see if there may be any way to make sure it’s still on…