Could Life Be Any Better

Declared...

Denise Jonas and Athena’s parents were eating lunch, trying to keep calm in all this, and their minds clear with the potential thoughts that are now circling their brains. Just then their phone rang, Mr. Dument:” We have triangulated the signal of the black box. We are currently about to send a copter out to check it out in the general area. We just thought to inform you, just in case anything or anyone may be found.” He went on to tell her that the family could go back to the location and wait. Denise let her husband know, text all the kids and told Athena’s parents.
Athena looked around, then over at Nick. “Nicky, I’m starting to think that we’re never getting off this dam island. No one’s looking for us and I feel like no one will. I feel like they all just gave up,” she insisted sadly. Nick:” Athena, don’t think like that right now. I know it’s been a while, but we have family that’s still looking, family that’s not giving up, not yet.” Nick held her tightly, “Do you think if we make it off this island, we’ll be ok? And that we’ll work through being stuck here? I mean, we are fine now but what will happen to us when we leave, how will we transition. I hope that we just become stronger but I’m just a little worried that we won’t.”
Meanwhile, the rescue crews were out searching, pinpointing the exact location of the black box. Nick looked around, he heard it before the helicopter came into view. Once he saw it, both Nick and Athena smiled, they began pulling on some vines until their “flag” went up. Twenty minutes later, the helicopter was overhead, sending someone down to check on them. The guy propelled down, checked them over quickly, took quick pictures of them and their camp on the beach. He helped them into the helicopter and before they knew it they’re on their way home.
When they got off the helicopter, they looked at each other and it set in, they’re finally home. Their parents pulled them both into a hug, both of their families were happy to see them, they were happy to see their families as well. At the same time, they also were told that they need a shower. They took a shower together, to save water and both finally breaking down in front of each other. After their shower, they tried eating but didn’t eat much. Denise, took them home where their challenge started. Paul:” We’d like you both to stay here, at least for a few days.” Both Athena and Nick agreed, going separate ways, Nick took his old room while Athena went outside on the deck. Nick began thinking of his experience on the plane, and island forming a song. Athena curled up into a ball on a chair, falling asleep.
Four months had passed, Nick is back to his old self while Athena has also returned to her old self but has become nervous easily, also easily startled. She’s become even more shy than before, keeping to herself. Nick went to her one afternoon, holding her. “You need a way to get out of those thoughts and feelings. You’re keeping bottled up, so why don’t you get back into painting?” he asked and stated. Athena looked away, got up and grabbed the two paintings she did last, they were dark eerie and sort of disturbing. Nick:” Ok, keep working on them. Why don’t you try music?” Athena handed him a notebook, he grabbed a pen and rewrote it, then had her try recording it. The problem is that halfway through, she’d either cry or end up screaming. Athena liked the screaming, she uploaded it to her Youtube channel and for the first time in many months, she finally smiled.
…In time they’ll only remember their time on an island and not relive what they went through or what happened…