Could Life Be Any Better

Another Change But A Good One

When Athena became a Sophomore in high school, she got herself a working at a day care what she just absolutely loved. Adelyn was keeping tabs on the Jonas Brothers, so that’s how Athena found out anything about them, like when Nick Jonas had been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes as well. So when Adelyn found out that he was going to testify in the U.S Senate, she told Athena. When Athena was alone that night she grabbed her notebook jotting down her thoughts, Today August 6th 2008 Nick Jonas testified in the U.S Senate to promote more research and funding for diabetes. I think he’s just so courageous to do something like that and I applaud him on raising awareness, getting people more informed on our condition to try and get more funding and research done so one day they might be able to cure it or prevent people from getting it. Over the next few months she was loving life, one day after work she was surprised by Adelyn who was there to pick her up. She was curious but got in, Athena:” Ah Adelyn, this isn’t the way back to my house.” Adelyn:” Yep I know.” Athena:” Um ok, then where are you taking me?” Adelyn:” Oh it’s a surprise.” Athena knew she wasn’t getting it out of her then or any time soon, so she put her headphones in and began listening to music (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=79841409).
Athena noticed a few key markers, Athena:” Um, why’re we in Washington DC?” More saying aloud then really asking Adelyn, Adelyn simply pulled into a parking lot where she grabbed Athena’s hand and they walked in the direction everyone else was going in. Athena being a kid person saw a group of kids she was curious and stood there watching them when a little girl from the group walked over to her reaching for Athena’s hand and leading her back over to the group of kids. Athena bent down to ask the little girl and other kids if they like to sing. Athena:” Ok, how about I go through my ipod here and whatever you would like to sing to I will sing with you. Is that ok?” They nodded and she began going through her ipod, the little girl that brought her over to the group told her to stop on the Jonas Brothers. Athena:” So you want the Jonas Brothers?” They sort of cheered, so she looked through the ipod and began singing one of them She saw some of the kids start dancing, and a few were trying to sing along which she thought it was cute. Adelyn meanwhile stood in the spot she was standing and pulled out her to film Athena with the kids. When that song was done, they wanted her to do another. Athena:” Ok, how about you pick the song sweetheart?” She had the little girl that brought her over pick the next song which ended up being the newest one to her collection A Little Bit Longer. Athena nodded, she began singing the song which Adelyn smirked since she never saw her like this before, where she was really getting into the song. Adelyn had spotted Joe Jonas which also happened to be her favorite, she kept her eyes on him to see what he was doing. Joe:” Hey Kevin, go get Nick now!” Kevin disappeared then came back with Nick, Nick:” What is it Joe?” Joe:” Shhh, just listen!” Adelyn saw the three of them together, she kept the camera on Athena though. When she was done the song she thanked the little kids, Athena:” Thanks but I have to go and find my friend.” They all clapped and when she spotted Adelyn, she made her way over there. Adelyn put the camera away but kept watching the Jonas Brothers. Athena:” So what are we doing here?” Adelyn:” I found out that the Jonas Brothers are performing here today on the White House lawn.” Athena:” Oh ah cool I guess. Do you want to walk around a little?” Adelyn carefully took Athena’s ipod, she saw the Jonas Brothers and waited, when they were close enough and Nick saw Athena, she dropped the ipod. She joined Athena at a little stand, Adelyn:” You’re so good with kids do you know that?” Athena:” Ya I guess so. Oh I wonder what’s over there?” Adelyn saw Nick pick up the ipod, he looked over in their direction, when Athena went to walk over to check something else out, Adelyn stopped her. Athena ended up tripping which Nick saw and ran over, he put his hand out to help her up, when she brushed the dirt off herself and looked up to thank him, she was shocked. Athena:” Oh um, thanks. That was very nice of you to help me up.” Nick:” Um, is this yours?” He held up the ipod, she looked at it then checked the pocket she put it in. Athena:” Oh ah yes it is. I guess it slipped out of my pocket, thank you. This thing is my life, I don’t know what I’d do without it.” Nick went to say something but stopped when Adelyn did first. Adelyn:” You’d go insane. Aside from your insulin pump, your ipod really is your life.” Athena rolled her eyes at her friend, Athena:” Gee, thanks Adelyn. The whole world doesn’t need to know that I’ve diabetes, but again thanks.” Joe:” Hey, I’m Joe. You’ve met Nick here and that’s Kevin. So ah, your name is?” Athena:” I’m Athena Thorne, and this here is my best friend Adelyn Greene.” They all shook hands, as Athena was about to turn to walk away, what Joe said stopped her dead in her tracks. Joe:” You have a beautiful voice, Athena!” Adelyn:” Oh no.”
Athena turned around looking at him with horror stricken eyes. Athena:” Um, y…you heard that?” Adelyn:” A..don’t, just relax ok. Deep breaths.” Joe:” Yes, we all heard you. Why?” Adelyn:” She feels ok with singing to and in front of children. When others hear her, she gets panic attacks. She has this absurd notion that her voice is just absolutely horrid except to children. Her parents told her that they heard her once and she just freaked out.” Nick:” Athena, would you like to walk with me? We could talk a little bit.” She was taking deep breaths still, Adelyn knew she wasn’t listening though that she was in her mind. Adelyn told Nick to take her place and just walk that in a few minutes she’d be fine. Nick did, soon enough she snapped out of it. Nick:” Athena?” She turned and smirked when she saw him, Nick:” So ah, what kind of music are you into?” Athena:” You didn’t look when you found my ipod?” He shook his head smirking shyly, Nick:” No, it was locked.” Athena giggled, Athena:” Here, it’s just my birthday. August 15th!” Nick:” Easy to remember, that’s Joe’s birthday too!” Athena:” What, really?” Nick:” Yes, he just turned 19!” Athena:” Hmm, he’s a year older!” Nick asked her if she was serious, she shook her head no telling him they’re the same age. He looked through her music seeing that she’s into everything. Nick:” So you have type 1 diabetes too?” Athena:” Yes, I was diagnosed with it when I was fifteen. My parents got me the insulin pump the next day after I left the hint. Right now it’s right here!” She showed him where it was and saw him smile. Nick:” We should head back to your friend and my brothers. (both walked in silence a bit) Ready for the concert?” Athena:” Yes I sure am. Since Adelyn introduced me to your music I’ve always wanted to know what it’d be like to see you in concert. Can’t believe today I finally get to!” Nick smiled leading the way back, when Adelyn saw them she couldn’t help but smile. Nick:” Showtime bros!” They went to get ready, both girls going to find their spots.
When they were about to play A Little Bit Longer Nick had them stop. He looked around the crowd, when he saw Athena he went right over to her. Nick(whispered):” I know you don’t like your voice, but will you come on the stage and sing the song please? Look at the kids, focus on them if you have to when you sing it. Please Athena, I will have them bring some of the kids on stage if it’ll make you feel better.” She looked into his eyes, she so badly wanted to say no, she needed to say no but looking into those eyes she just couldn’t and agreed. Athena:” Ok fine, but I’d like the kids to come closer to the stage.” He nodded, Nick:” My new friend Athena is going to help me sing the next song.” Adelyn’s mouth dropped, she instantly pulled the camera back out and began to film. Athena was helped onto the stage by Nick and handed a microphone. Athena closed her eyes for a moment taking a few breaths, then began. When the song was done, Nick had whispered for her to hang back after the concert, she nodded going back over to Adelyn.