Could Life Be Any Better

Never Gonna Happen

Nick had hoped that after the concert he would go over to where Athena was and ask if she’d like to keep in touch, but once the concert was over, the Jonas Brothers were rushed to their awaiting car. He looked out the window to see if he could see her standing there waiting for him. Joe:” Nick, something wrong?” Nick:” I asked Athena to wait after the show, so I could ask if she’d like to have my number to keep in touch. I just…I didn’t know that we had to leave right away.” Joe:” Find her on twitter and ask for her email. You both could email or IM, then maybe go from there with the phone numbers.” Kevin agreed, Nick pulled his phone out to go on twitter. He had found Adelyn and asked her in a direct message for Athena’s contact info. Adelyn looked at Athena with her mouth dropped. Athena:” What, what’s the matter?” Adelyn:” Nick just asked me on twitter for your email?” Athena looked in the direction of the car that was pulling away, she took Adelyn’s phone from her and replied. Why do you want her email? Nick: So, I can get to know her and tell her that I’m sorry Athena: Sorry, for what? Nick: Sorry that I didn’t get to talk to her. I didn’t know we were going to leave right away. I thought that I’d have a little more time, maybe ask for her email or phone number in person. She sent the email to him with “good luck” along as well. Adelyn saw her slightly smiling, Athena:” Thanks Adelyn today was great.” Adelyn:” I’m glad you had fun and that I had a hand in making your day perfect!”
When Adelyn dropped her off at home, Athena went straight up to her room to changed (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=79842308) for bed. She grabbed her notebook: Thanks to Adelyn. She’s the best, she brought me to the White House to see the Jonas Brothers perform…which I got to meet my favorite Jonas Brother NICK. He’s just so cute and especially in person, so sweet as well. I can’t believe or get over the fact that he got me to sing in front of people, so many…people. Even though I was singing or told myself that it was for the kids, it’s still in front of all those other people. Now he wants to email or IM whenever he can, um…wow! She was very excited and still couldn’t get over it. Adelyn meanwhile, was editing the videos together of Athena singing. She knew Athena’s youtube account since she barely uses it, so she uploaded the video to it. In the morning, Adelyn checked the progress of the video, to see if there were any comments. She couldn’t believe the comments, Hayleigh: WOW, I can’t believe that she went onstage with the Jonas Brothers. Wonder why she decided to just go for it? Alistair: OMG that’s a first but hopefully not the last that we get to see that. She still has an amazing voice, I will say that. I hope she gets over the stage fright thing, I’d love to hear her singing in person! Derek: NO WAY, I can’t believe that you got her singing. I can’t believe that she even got on the stage and sang in front of other people. WOW! Other people commented too saying that she has a great voice.
Athena had just gotten out of the shower when she heard her phone going off, Athena:” Hello?” Hayleigh:” Oh my god, I can’t believe Nick Jonas got you on stage and that you actually sang! What the hell was going through your mind?” Athena:” Right now I’m a little curious how you know but I’m sure Adelyn filled you in. I don’t know, looking him in his eyes I just couldn’t bring myself to say no for some reason. I sang to the children, didn’t focus on anyone else. As for what was going through my mind, I couldn’t get over how cute he is in person!” Hayleigh:” No Adelyn didn’t say, actually she ah…she filmed it and put it on your youtube account. It’s gotten so many likes as well as comments. I know, his eyes are so dreamy!” Athena had stopped listening the moment she heard “filmed it”, she was on her computer looking it up. Athena:” Oh my, I don’t know if I should be angry or not. You all know that I hate my voice and it sucks.” Hayleigh:” Um again, no it doesn’t You just think it does, but all of us and those on youtube who have seen it, we all don’t. So, I hear that Nick asked for your email, think you’ll become friends with him and his brothers?” Athena:” I don’t know, but I highly doubt it. He’s too busy. Well I’ve to go, bye Hay!” since she changed, she was going through her music and played it, singing along as she was cleaning. When she went over to her computer she noticed she had an IM request to add or deny. They screen name read: Mr.Prez 0916, Athena smirked when she read it. She accepted it and right when she was about to get up to finish cleaning, up popped an IM.
Athena & Nick’s IM Convo:
Mr.Prez_0916: Hey Athena!
A=Muzik_my heart & soul: Um, hey Nick!
Mr.Prez_0916: Nice screen name!
A=Muzik_my heart & soul: Ah thanks. Adelyn took a video of me singing A Little Bit Longer with you. Aside from my four best friends, I guess it got a lot of likes or something.
Mr.Prez_0916: Oh yea, got the link by any chance? I’d like to watch it.
A=Muzik_my heart & soul: Um ok, yes here’s the link… *Sends the link*
Mr.Prez_0916: I never got the chance to tell you that you were great, and that you did a great job. You were great!
*two minutes pass, both idle*
Mr.Prez_0916: Athena?
A=Muzik_my heart & soul: I’m still here…sorry 
Mr.Prez_0916: Oh no, it’s ok. Guess you’re still not used to it yet. Oh by the way, I really am sorry for after the concert. I had no idea that our people were going to make us leave like that. I really did want to stay and maybe talk to you some more.
A=Muzik_my heart & soul: Don’t worry, I figured you just had some other place to be or other things to do. Wait, you wanted to stay behind and talk to me more?
Mr.Prez_0916: Yes Cutie, you couldn’t get rid of me that easily. Of course, I wanted to talk to you some more, why wouldn’t I?
A=Muzik_my heart & soul: Well, I don’t know why you would…
Mr.Prez_0916: Because aside from having diabetes, you’re really into music too. I’d just like to get to know what else we might have in common. Just get to know you more that’s all.
A=Muzik_my heart & soul: But why me, why would you want to get to know me of all people? It’s funny my friend Hayleigh asked if I was going to become friends with you and your brothers!
Mr.Prez_0916: Because I think that we’d get along great, we do so far. Oh, what’d you say to your friend when she asked?
A=Muzik_my heart & soul: I told her that I highly doubt it, that you’re way too busy.
Mr.Prez_0916: I might be busy but…
A=Muzik_my heart & soul: But what?
Mr.Prez_0916: I know this is probably going to sound wrong to you but I will always find time to message you or anything. I don’t know what or why, but I know we’ll get along great and be close! I can’t describe it but I do know that.
(long awkward pause)
Mr.Prez_0916: Athena, please say something, anything?
A=Muzik_my heart & soul: I ah, I don’t exactly know what to say. I know what you mean though. When you asked me to sing, I wanted so badly to say no like I normally do, but considering those eyes of yours I couldn’t find the heart to. *Embarrassed look*
Mr.Prez_0916: *smirks* Don’t be embarrassed, but at least we both feel the same thing, even if we can’t explain it. Well, gotta go for now, bye Athena!
She said goodbye to him and sat there going through their little conversation, she couldn’t help but smile. She created a new folder on her yahoo account and placed the IM in there. Hey are you busy right now? <3A No why, what’s up? <3Alyn Could you come over ASAP? I’d like to show you something. <3A When Adelyn arrived, she said a quick hello to both Mr. & Mrs. Thorne then went straight up to Athena’s room. Adelyn:” What do you have to show me?” Athena copied the IM messages, but not Nick’s screen name. She knows Adelyn not like that but lied and said that Nick didn’t want anyone else to know. She turned the laptop to show Adelyn, Adelyn:” Wow, no way?” Athena:” Wait, to which part?” Adelyn:” How you both feel bonded to each other but don’t know why and can’t explain it. Wow, maybe Hayleigh is right, you will become friends with him and his brothers!” Athena:” We’ll see but don’t get too excited. I mean all we’re doing is Iming when we can.” Athena closed her laptop and sat back on her bed. Adelyn:” So you’re not mad that I filmed you singing and uploaded it to your youtube page?” Athena:” Part of me is but you are all right. Maybe it is just me who thinks my own voice sucks, but the point is I need to get over this fear of singing in front of people, even if that means starting off small. So no, I’m not and thanks!” Adelyn:” You’re welcome. You know, you up on that stage with Nick, I know you were nervous and all but you look peaceful up there. You both had chemistry, some type of chemistry and you looking into his eyes, the look was something I’ve never seen you have that look before.” She saw Athena smile, when Athena had finally finished cleaning her room she got back on her laptop. Adelyn:” Oh, looks like Nick sent you another IM!” Athena glanced at her laptop.
Mr.Prez_0916: Guess I missed you. Anyways, to get to know you better I left some questions. Look forward to getting the opportunity to know you more!
Adelyn saw the smile on her friend’s face, Athena grabbed the laptop to look at the questions and possibly answer them. Adelyn:” Looks like Athena has a new friend in one Nicholas Jerry Jonas after all!” Athena grabbed her pillow and threw it at Adelyn, Athena:” I guess, maybe.”