Could Life Be Any Better

Guess They Do Become Friends

Over the past few weeks her and Nick kept Iming, until one day. Sitting out in the back yard with her laptop over by the pool, Nick IM’d her.
Mr.Prez_0916: Can I video chat with you?
A=Muzik_my heart & soul: Really, wait why?
Mr.Prez_0916: Yes really, and because I want to see you. So, can I?
She accepted the video chat request, then waited for it to load. When Nick came onto her screen, Athena was nothing but smiles.
Nick & Athena’s Video Chat:
Nick:” Hey there!” Athena:” Ah hey, aren’t you busy?” Nick:” Not now. Just talking with my new cute friend. That’s all.” Athena:” Hmm, ok. But I’m not cute.” Nick:” Well I think you are. So, your favorite color’s purple?” Athena:” Yes, purple and lime green! Can I ask something Nick?” Nick:” Yes of course you can. What’s on your mind?” Athena:” Ok well on my mind which no one wants to know you also won’t know. But I wanted to ask you was (long pause) Are you and your brothers coming anywhere near New York or near there?” Nick:” You live in New York?” Athena:” No, I actually live in New Jersey, but whenever there aren’t any concerts here, they’re usually in New York or near there.” Nick was smiling, which made her curious, Nick:” Hmm, where about in Jersey? I’m from Wyckloff, but born in Dallas!” Athena:” I live in Hawthorne!” Nick:” Hey, that’s not far from us. I can check but I’m not sure when we’ll be around there. Now, can I ask you a question?” She smirked but gave a nod, Nick:” Would it be ok if I ask for your number?” He saw her blush but also that she was a little surprised. Athena glanced back at him, and gave him the number which he said he had to go for a moment.
Athena got off herself and began listening to music which is what she loves doing when it’s a beautiful day outside and she sits by the pool. That’s like her hang out spot apart from her room, and the attic. When a certain song came on it made her think of inviting her friends over, but her phone went off. When she saw that it wasn’t a familiar number she wanted to decline it or ignore it, but something told her not to and she answered it. Athena:” Hello?” Nick:” Hey, it’s Nick Jonas. I was just a little curious what you’re doing right now and if you had plans for later?” Athena:” Ah I don’t have plans for later and right now…I’m not doing anything but sitting in my backyard by the pool listening to music. Wait, why?” Nick:” I only had a few things to do today, but we got them done early, so I wanted to know if I find your house…would you like to hang out? Possibly catch a movie later?” Athena:” If you can find my house then yes, we can hang out. Good Luck!” Nick:” I don’t need it, I’ll be able to find your house.” She hung up, put his number as a contact and saved it. “Hmm, he didn’t say anything about friends but then again I also didn’t ask either. However, knowing mom and dad, when they see him they’ll be curious and it’ll get back to the gang!” Athena. About a half hour her timing seemed perfect, as she had gone into the house to get a drink, she saw and heard a car and went to see. Athena saw a nice blue mustang pull into her driveway, her parents saw it as well and were about to come downstairs to see who it was but Athena told them that she was on it. She secretly was peeking out watching and saw Nick get out. Athena:” Wow, he really found the house and me! And in half an hour from when we hung up. No way!” He walked up to the door and knocked, Athena(yelled):” Got it. Hello?” She opened the door and her mouth dropped which Nick smiled. Athena:” Um hi, wow you really did find me!” Nick:” Yep, I sure did.” Athena:” Oh sorry, please do come in.” Her parents came down and their looks on their faces they were nosy of course. Athena:” Mom, dad this is Nick Jonas, Nick these are my parents.” Nick stuck his hand out to shake theirs, Nick:” Nice to meet you both Mr. & Mrs. Thorne.” Athena lead him to the backyard, before she left she turned to her parents looking at them. Athena:” Please don’t go calling Adelyn, Hayleigh, Derek or Alistair. They know who he is but he doesn’t need a mob of people here. He gets that enough on the road, he’s in the Jonas Brothers with his brothers Joe and Kevin. We’ll be in the backyard simply hanging out, ok?” They nodded still stunned, she turned and followed Nick outside. Mrs. Thorne:” Oh my, I believe that’s the young man who got our baby girl to sing onstage!” Mr. Thorne looked at her before returning to watch his daughter and one Nick Jonas. She followed Nick out to the pool where her computer still was on the bench. He sat down with her, looking around and then back at her. Athena (giggling):” Oh wow, I still can’t believe that you actually found me and the house.” He smiled, they talked for a little and then he invited her out. She was nervous, but went anyway. Nick took her out to dinner, and then a movie where they talked more getting to know each other. Athena found it so easy to talk to him, to be herself around him. It was as easy as she is with her best friend Adelyn.