Could Life Be Any Better

Moving Too Fast

Athena woke up the next morning to her phone ringing. “Hello?” Derek:” Um, Athena. I here that you moved out. What the hell?” Athena sat up in bed, she was a little tired still, but was becoming confused and annoyed. “And good morning to you too, Derek. Wait, how the hell did you know, I haven’t told anyone. I only mentioned it to Adelyn only recently, and my parents of course know.” Athena. Derek:” Your parents told me. Your mother’s already lonely. What the hell, A?” “Ugh, why do you keep saying that? You and everyone were all happy that I began dating Nick and that he made no, he makes me happy.” Athena blatantly pointed out. Derek:” I am glad that he makes you feel happy, but don’t you think you’re moving way too fast? You’ve only been dating for almost a year or a little more than a year…I just think you are moving a little fast.” “No, I’m not. I’m in love with him, he makes me feel like a new me. I mean, it started out that I felt like I did with our group of friends, that it was easy to be myself with him the only difference is I don’t feel scared anymore. I don’t feel scared to sing, dance or all those other things I built the wall for, he’s making the wall almost nonexistent. So, if you can’t handle how I feel about him, that I’m going too fast than I’m sorry, I’m sorry you feel that way but you or anyone else aren’t going to change my mind about it. Bye!” She hung up, getting pissed off at him.
Once she got up and finally dressed, she called Adelyn. “Um, what’s up sis?” Adelyn asked. Athena:” Just had an interesting chat with Derek. He thinks I’m moving too fast with Nick by moving in with him. What do you think?” ‘I don’t know, I don’t think you are moving too fast. I’ve known you the longest out of all our friends. So, seeing you then, even now, how you’re still shy meeting new people I can tell that has totally changed now that you’re with Nick. Why’d he say that, wait, how’d he know anyways?” Adelyn pointed out. “He says my parents told him. That my mother’s already lonely which I totally get, I mean I’m their only child, but it’s not like they aren’t going to see me anymore.” Athena pointed out. Adelyn agreed, she asked about Nick and how are things going. Athena asked her the same about Joe, and how they’re doing. Then they had an awkward pause, “Oh, can I call you tomorrow? Nick wants to skype” Athena asked. Adelyn:” Yes, I was going to say the same thing, only Joe wants to skype with me. Talk to you tomorrow sis.” They both hung up.
Skype w/Nick:
Athena:” Hey babe, how’s it going?” “It’s good. I wanted to tell you that I’ll be home soon enough, to wrap you in my arms!” he said softly. Athena:” Awe, I miss you too Nicky. I miss you so much. Soon isn’t soon enough, I can’t wait to see you!” “Hopefully it’ll be soon, so we can finally spend time together, in our house!”
Athena agreed, she talked to him until she began dozing off. Nick sat there for a little while watching, before he left her a good night message and he got off. She woke up about half an hour later, she saw his message which she couldn’t help but smile. Then she turned off her computer, went to the bedroom, and fell fast asleep breathing in his scent.
In the morning, she was still curled up in a ball in the middle of the bed with a smile across her face as she slept. Nick was very quiet, he stood there watching her sleep. Once she opened her eyes and started stretching, she sat up rubbing her eyes and saw him. It took her a moment to register it, but once it did she jumped up and wrapped both her arms and legs around him. “Oh, it’s so good to be in your arms!” Athena giggled, breathing in his scent. Nick:” Yes, it is. It’s so good to be home too!” Nick kissed her, they went to the kitchen to have breakfast together. As they were eating, once they checked their sugar, Nick asked what was going on around there while him and his brothers were gone. “Nothing really, oh I’m not talking to or with Derek anymore.” She stated. Nick:” Why’s that, did something happen?” “Oh, he thinks that my moving in here with you, is a big mistake. That I’m moving too fast no matter how I feel. He doesn’t care no matter what I say?” Athena sounded a little upset as she told him. Nick:” A, don’t let that bother you ok. If he thinks that, then let him. If you know the truth and are fine, then that’s all that matters.”
They were surprised by Kevin, Joe, Dani and Adelyn when they got home from their morning run (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=217364731). “Hey peeps, what’s up?” Athena. Dani gave them a hug, she grabbed Kevin’s hand as she cleared her throat. Dani:” Kevin and I have an announcement that we’d like to share with you all…. We’re pregnant!” Athena gave Kevin a hug since she was closest to him, then made her way to Dani to give her a hug next. Athena:” Oh wow, I’m so excited and happy for you both.” Everyone gave them their congratulations, Athena pulled Nick up to dance. When everyone went back home, Nick looked over at Athena smiling. “What’s on your mind, babe?” Nick. “Just a few things. Glad that you’re back in our house now, together. Can’t believe Dani and Kevin are going to be parents soon, which brings me to you…Wow, you and Joe are going to be uncles! I think you’ll spoil him/her more aside from your parents of course,” Athena. Nick smiled at her, “What makes you think that?” He asked of her which made her giggle, walking away. Nick followed her asking why again. Athena pushed him onto the couch sitting in his lap, “You’ll spoil their child because I know you and I know myself as well,” she said.