Princess

Romance

I groaned as a hand hit the desk in front of me and looked up. Once again my teacher was frowning down at me and the room was empty.
“Your aware that this is the fourth time this month you have slept through at least half of my lesson.” he told me, sighing and sitting at the desk next to me. I rested my head on my arm and watched him. He was old, with a receding hair line and an ever growing stomach. He had a kind face though, kind of like how I imagine Santa would look if he had watery eyes. “Is everything ok at home?” he asked.
I should have guessed this would be the conversation we would be having. It was a teachers ultimate defence, if things were bad at home it wasn’t they’re fault and they might be able to fix it. I nodded and sat up, stretching my back out.
“Yeah, I’m just tired.” I shrugged, flicking my long black hair over my shoulder. He sighed and stood up again.
“Well I’m here if you need to talk.” he sat back down at his own desk and began typing something on his computer screen. “However I do have to give you another week of detention and if this happens again it will be reported to the head of subject.” I nodded and pulled my art pad out of my bag, he’d said the same thing last time.
After about ten minutes of me doodling random drawings I heard him cough.
“I have to leave early today however I’m leaving someone to look after you.” he said, walking out of the room with out a second glance towards me. I nodded and went back to my doodling, in a few minutes my cousin would be here and maybe we would be able to ditch early.
After another fifteen minutes of me trying not to fall back to sleep a guy walked into the room. I tried not to stare as he walked over to the teachers desk. He had short messy black hair and the most amazing hazel eyes that you could feel yourself falling into. He looked taller than me but that wasn’t hard, he was simply dressed in black jeans and a buttoned up shirt.
“You’re the chick in detention?” he asked, running his hand through his hair, I noticed he had left faint tracks of various colours and stifled a giggle.
“Yup.” I told him, popping the P. “You the guy who was supposed to be looking after me?” I asked him, leaning back in my seat and smirking a little.
“Yeah, how about I don’t tell him you went back to sleep and you don’t tell him I forgot about you?” he raised his eyebrows at me and smiled and I swear something inside me jumped out of place.
“I wasn’t sleeping.” I told him, picking up my pencil case and placing it back in my already overstuffed bag.
“And I didn’t forget about you.” he flashed me a quick grin and placed a cigarette between his lips. “My little brother is gonna be here soon so you can leave.” he said, turning his back on me and searching through the desk. I picked up my art pad and walked out of the room as quickly as possible, I didn’t need to be told twice.
I stood outside the art room and smoothed out my uniform, I was wearing the correct check skirt but I’d rolled the top of it to make it shorter, along with that I wore knee high white socks and chunky black shoes with a slight heel. The shirt was a white fitted blouse that was slightly too small on my boobs, I’d tried to find one that actually fitted but it seemed impossible.
The corridor was empty and my phone was dead, I had no idea how long my cousin would be and my auntie would kill me if I drove home without him. I pulled my own cigarettes out of my pocket and placed one between my lips. I didn’t have a light.
Why did I never carry a light?
Because I never normally needed one.
“I need a light.” I said, walking back into the art room. He was sat at the teachers desk with his feet on it, waving his cigarette in the air.
“And I need a million fucking dollars kid, but that aint happening either.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Romance