Princess

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

Bob paced around outside the hospital room. Frank was sat staring at the floor. She was awake but they wouldn’t let either of them in. Linda had been called but was struggling to get away from her shift. There was no one left to tell. Frank had text Mikey who had offered to come sit with him but Frank had said no, unsure of what had been happening in the kitchen and not wanting to have to deal with Gerard.
The doctor was still talking to Chelsea, Bob had been watching through the window as she nodded along or said something. She was smiling though.
“How are we gonna get home?” Frank asked, staring up at Bob. Bob was once again reminded of how childlike Frank seemed, it was something about his eyes. Bob grumbled something unintelligible and went back to staring into the room.
“I dunno, Bike.” Bob grumbled again, so that Frankie could actually understand him. Frankie shrugged and tried not to giggle at his thoughts. Bob reminded him of a big angry bear that was preparing to escape his cage.
The doors to the waiting room burst open, making both of them jump. Gerard came storming into the room, his eyes red and swollen, Mikey was running behind him trying to tell him to calm down.
“What happened?” he asked, launching himself at Bob and pushing his face against his. Bob was stronger though, lugging around heavy equipment around had built his muscle where as Gerard was still skinny from his drug abuse. Bob flipped them around and pushed Gerard against the wall, his face a dangerously red colour.
“I want to ask you the same question, you little punk. What did you do to her?” Bob was screaming in his face but no one stopped him. Frankie tried but Mikey stopped him. He knew someone needed to talk to Gerard about his mood swings concerning Chelsea and Bob obviously needed this too.
“I swear I was only talking to her, I would never do anything to hurt her, never. I promise. Oh, please God, she’s gotta be ok.” Tears began falling down her face and Bob let go of him. “I just wanted something good in my life, I thought maybe now I was clean I deserved that. I was trying so hard, I was gonna go to college and start a band and Mikey was gonna be happy too. I never should have thought I could have her in my life. Please, she has to be ok.” he fell to the floor and began crying heavily into his hands. Bob slipped down next to him and put his arms around him.
“She’s gonna be fine.” he grumbled. “She’s been through worse than whatever this is.” Bob told him, trying to make him stop crying, he wasn’t sure if he was doing the right thing. Gerard looked up at him but Bob shook his head, it wasn’t his place to tell this guys all his best friends’ secrets.
The doctor came out the room, giving Bob the perfect excuse to get away from Gerard. He shot up and stuck out his hand towards the doctor.
“Mr Bryar?” the doctor questioned. Bob nodded over enthusiastically and shook the doctor’s hand. “I’ve explained the situation to Miss Iero. She was very mal-nourished and she was having withdrawal symptoms from the lack of caffeine in her system. Added to this the huge stress she was putting herself under, her body just couldn’t cope. I have recommended that she begins weaning herself away from energy drinks in a sensible way and that she improves her diet. I have also recommended that she stays here tonight so that we can re-hydrate her body however she has insisted that she would be better off at home.” Bob nodded, muttered a thanks and ran into the room to see Chelsea.
He ran straight towards her and pulled her into his arms, she was pale and looked like someone had drained every ounce of blood from her body.
“I can’t stay here tonight.” she told me as the other piled into the room behind him. “I wont stay here and you cant make me. If you try, I swear to god bob, I will have your balls hanging off the ceiling first.” she glared at Bob who only started laughing at how adorable she looked.
“You don’t have to stay here.” he whispered, kissing her on the forehead and sitting next to her. She grinned at him and tried to climb out of the bed without pulling the drip out of her hand. She hadn’t noticed anyone else was in the room and it made him feel awkward, he was wrong to think he could have her in his life he realised as her and Bob spoke to each other.
As quietly as he could he crept out of the room and ran from the hospital as quick as he could.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really struggling with this at the moment so I'd really appreciate some feedback off you guys.
Thanks to everyone who has been reading and commenting/reccing so far, really makes me happy. :)