Princess

The Ghost of You

I couldn't help but laugh as we stood outside the hospital. Bob and Frankie had come on his bike, Linda had left to finish her night shift and Gerard had drove off leaving Mikey behind. There wasn't a hope in hell that we could all fit on the bike and between us we didn't even have a full dollar in cash, it had taken me this long to realise that I had left today's tip either at work or in Gerard's car.
The other problem was that I was the only one with my phone and I didn't exactly have anyone that would be willing or able to come and pick me up from the hospital.
I groaned and ran my hand through my long hair, it smelt of hospital and the smell made me want to gag, I didn't though. Just incase it meant I would be staying in hospital even longer. Frank and Mikey were whispering to each other and laughing whilst Bob paced in his angry little way.
I slipped my hands in my pocket and began searching for ciggerettes, anything to take my mind off the situation. I pulled out the packet and almost screamed, empty. I swear I'd had at least half a pack this morning and I hadn't had time to smoke all of them so quick. I carried on searching through my pockets, my lighter had managed to run away as well.
I did manage to find Assface's number though. Was it inappropriate for me to phone him? I didn't know why he had left the hospital in such a rush. I hadn't even known he had been there, I was in such a state about being in hospital. I carefully typed my his number into my phone, cursing myself as I did.
This was taking advantage. He had said he was basically obbsessed with him. Would I be talking to him if I didn't need something? Probably not. But that was because of how he treated me, wasn't it? I mean, my first reaction had not been a bad one, far from it in fact.
I decided that I was too tired to care and slammed my finger onto the dial button.
If I was using him he deserved it.
If I wasn't, well, everything would work out ok.
He answered on the third ring, that's when I let out a shakey breath I didn't know I'd been holding in.
"I, I need a favour." I said, my voice was more shakey than that breath. It took him a lifetime to respond.
"Sure kid, I'll be at the hospital in ten minutes." he said. The line died, leaving me slightly dazed. That was the quickest phone call ever. He'd known it was me. He'd accepted bloody quickly. He'd lied about being ten minutes.
Bob had shouted a few choice words and basically carried me over to his bike.
"I'm not waiting for him. I'll take you and come back for them in the car. You can't be out in the cold like this." he grumbled, slipping himself onto his bike easily. He waited for me to sit behind me then passed me his helmet. "I'm dying first." he grumbled again before turning the gears that made the thing work. I wrapped my arms around him and pressed my head into his back. I hated this bike, I'd always hated it since the day he brought it. It didn't take us long to get back to the house, the bike was able to dodge around cars and squeeze into places that cars just couldn't. Bob also had a tendancy to speed a tad more than most people.
Bob halped me climb off the bike before walking me to the house and then to my bedroom where he proceeded to wrap me in bed, surrounded by blankets. His responce to me protesting were that he would bring me something to eat in just a second. By the time Bob had brought food up to me the front door had been opened and slammed shut. My door was pushed open and a blur of black came hurling into my room.
"You weren't there." Gerard cried, pushing his face into my stomach. Someting snapped.
"You were late and I had just left hospital, what was I supposed to think. This has got to stop, this is creepy. You either tone down whatever this fixation is with me or you stay away from me." I said, pushing him away from my stomach. Tiredness washing over my body in huge waves.
"I'm sorry. You want me to stay around? To be a part of your life?" he asked, there was something so innocent about this gesture taht I melt and nodded. I didn't know what else to do, melting like that almost felt like falling in love with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this has taken so long.
Please let me know what you think.