Princess

The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You

I grabbed a hoodie and walked down the stairs, the atmosphere had gotten very awkward and Gerard had left. I had heard movement in Frankie’s room so I guess he had gone to bed. Bob shot up at the sight of me and I couldn’t help but giggle. He glared but shuffled over so I could sit by him on the sofa.
He looked exhausted, his eyes were puffy and swollen and his skin had a slight grey tinge. I hugged him and kissed him on the side of the head. I never knew what to say to him when he was down and my guess was he’d been crying. We sat in silence for a while.
“There was a part of me that thought we might get together in the end. I’ve wanted it for so long, it would make sense.” I didn’t know how to respond to him. I liked the idea, wasn’t that what all the trashy books told me I should do, fall in love with my best friend and spend a happily ever after together? But this wasn’t the Bob I’d grown up with, something was different about both of us.
“We could try it,” I whispered, edging myself on the sofa more. “And we could pretend for a while but you know it wouldn’t work.” I told him.
“I know. I met this girl, it confused me. I like her, a lot. There’s just something about her that makes me smile like an idiot.”
“So why the hell are you crying?” I asked him.
“Because it means we are proper grown ups.” he said, I caught his eyes and we both laughed. The laughing didn’t stop until both our sides were aching and neither of us knew why we were laughing any more. Once we had calmed down we both sat on the sofa and talked like we used to do.
“So, you and Gerard?” he asked.
“Maybe we’re friends. I don’t know though. He’s creepy, today was nice for a while but it still feels weird, he’s so broken though.”
“Remember when everyone said the same about you.” I nodded and bit my lip. Had I been that bad? Was I strong enough to save him?
“I’m running away again.” I told him after a few minutes consideration. He said I always had to tell him before I left. The feeling had been building for a while, I needed some kind of escape so instead I would go and hide. “I was thinking of going back to Chicago for a week or two.” I pushed my hair behind my head and he nodded, contemplating what I had said.
“I think you need a break. I think your family would like to see you aswell.”
“My Grandfather doesn’t know him I am.” it sounded bitter even to me.
“And your parents?” he challenged, I went quiet, they were even more broken then me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this has taken so long and that it's so short, it's been hard to stay focused.
Let me know what you think.