Princess

Early Sunsets Over Monroeville

I listened to the band that were playing on the other side of the room. They sounded horrible. Claire looked like she was enjoying the performance even less than me.
“I wish I hadn’t fired Bob.” she groaned, as the singer screamed into the mike, he was struggling to be heard over the guitars. “This new tech guy is crap.” she tightened her pony tale and stared at him.
“Fire him and get Bob back.” I shrugged. The band sounded like they could have been good, if everything had been set up right.
“I cant, he punched that guy in the face.” she told me.
“Look, that guy is the biggest douche I know and I’m still in high school, so that’s a lot of douches right there. He has some kind of problem with me and well, Bob’s Bob. He was only trying to protect me.”
“I know but that still doesn’t excuse what he did.” I sighed and walked away to serve the customer who had just approached the counter. I dealt with the order and smiled at them and they went away happily.
“That guy tried to give me a muffin.” I told Claire as she handed me a drink.
“The guy you just served?” she raised her eyebrows. If guys wanted to do that we thanked them and put the money for it in the tip jar.
“No, the one who Bob punched.”
“Did you have sex with him?” I almost spat my drink out in shock at what she asked me.
“How did you get from muffin to sex?” I said, earning a dirty look from an old lady who was sat reading not far from the counter.
“I’ve watched mean girls, I know all those slang terms.” she said, hiding her smile with her cup.
“Wow, I just meant he offered me a cake but hey, now I know why some customers get annoyed.” she hit me on the shoulder lightly.
“You cant have sex with customers.” she hissed. “So what happened?” she asked, I surveyed the shop, it didn’t look like anyone could hear us.
“That was pretty much it. I was in detention, the teacher asked if I was ok cause I skipped out the day before. He must have heard me mention flashbacks or something because he walked over and put the muffin on my desk, told me he liked my picture and walked off.” I shrugged.
“So what did you do?” she asked.
“I gave it him back, the guy didn’t give a damn until he heard me mention flashbacks. I don’t want his pity, I don’t even like the guy. He’s annoying and he smells weird and he’s arrogant and he makes me want to scream and …”
“And he’s standing at the till.” she said with a smirk. I shot her dagger eyes and turned round and smiled my best smile.
“What can I get you?” I asked him. He was smirking at me again.
“I’d like a blueberry muffin please.” he told me, his eyes running up and down me.
“Anything else?” I asked, trying not to shudder, he looked me and down again before answering.
“Cappuccino, to eat in.” I turned round quickly to make his drink, trying not to ignore how my face had flushed at his attention. My mind ran through every swear word and bad name I could think of.
“Here you go.” I said, handing him his cup and putting the muffin on a plate. I took his money off him and put it in the till, whilst my head was bent down to count the money I felt him lean forward.
“I never knew I got you that hot.” he whispered before walking away and cackling. I huffed and walked away from the till. He was an ass, an annoying, arrogant prick. Once again I ran through every name under the sun as I glared at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kind of another filler. I'm sorry.
Let me know what you think.