Status: Slowly but surely

Only a Vampire Can Love You Forever

They'll Never Take Us Alive

Dear Vic,
I've tried pinpointing the exact moment I fell in love with you, over and over again. Maybe it was when you looked into my eye and whispered "I love you." Maybe it was when you grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. It could have been when our lips touched for the first time. Or when you followed me into the woods that night and whispered "I'll never give up on you." It could have been a number of things. All I know is that one day, you stole my heart and refused to give it back.
Why didn't you listen to me? If you had, we wouldn't be in this mess right now. I tried warning you but you refused to listen, insisting we were meant to be together. You were right you know, we are meant to be together. It's just to bad we never got a chance to prove it.
Oh Vic, my sweet, sweet Vic. I thought we'd spend the rest of our lives together but sadly, our forever was cut short. I wish things didn't have to be this way but they do. It's for the best, just try to remember that. I'm doing this to protect you, okay. I'm doing this for you.
Forever yours,
Kellin Quinn
I stare down at my letter and cry. This isn't how I wanted it to end. They didn't even let me say goodbye to you. I doubt you'll ever read this letter, they're probably burn it too. I just hope you find it before they do. I don't want you to think that I'd die without apologizing first. I've chosen to leave this letter at our spot. You know the place we used to go where no one could find us. Those were the days, when no one was around to judge us. I told you from the beginning that they wouldn't understand but you insisted on telling them. What was going through that pretty little head of yours? Did you really think they'd accept us? It doesn't even matter because you're gone now. At least you're safe, unlike me. When they light that torch, you'll be the last thing I see. I'll close my eyes and dream of your face, waiting for the day that we can be together again.
I feel them grab my limp body and carry me into their now abandoned home. I remember passing by this house when I used to walk you home. It's funny how we'd walk past this very house everyday, unaware of that fact that I'd soon die here. If I had just ignored you, I wouldn't be on the brink of death. If I hadn't come up with that stupid plan, maybe we'd still be enemies. Who knows what's done is done and besides, I know if I had the chance to go back I wouldn't change a thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some foreshadowing for you guys...the next chapter will be set six months before Kellin writes this letter