Status: Slowly but surely

Only a Vampire Can Love You Forever

Can I Chase Away The Darkness?

*Six months earlier*
"Looks like you have some new neighbors," Andy says peering out the tinted glass window.
"You mean some new victims?" I ask slyly. Andy takes a seat beside me and laughs. "You're terrible you know? At least I don't prey on my next door neighbors."
"Only because you're afraid someone might mistake you as a suspect."
"Aren't you afraid of getting caught?" My friend asks genuinely concerned. "I've been doing this for the past seventy-five years and not once have I gotten caught."
'Yeah but people say stuff. They spread rumors."
Yeah but to them, I'm just an innocent seventeen year old kid who's parents died. They pity me. They'd never accuse me of murder." Nodding, Andy agrees with my statement. "You're right. You never leave your house unless it's for school and you don't talk to anyone, yet you have these people wrapped around your finger."
"It's all because of my sob story. You need to get a better one if you wanna be like me." Andy shakes his head and sighs. "I'll consider it but for now I should get going. Juliet's waiting for me." Shaking my head, I give him my honest opinion. "You drove three hours just to see me and you're leaving already! All because of you're wife. You're crazy you know that?"
"Why?" He asks confused. "Juliet's a human. If anyone found out about you two, they'd kill you in a second!"
"Well that's a chance I'm willing to take."
"I don't understand you Andy. Vampires don't fall in love with humans, they eat them."
"Well I guess I'm just different from other vampires. If you're lucky, you too might fall in love one day." I laugh in amusement and hug him goodbye. "I'd kill that human before I could even learn their name, let alone fall in love with them." I open the door for Andy and watch as he gets into his car. "You never know what could happen," he says winking. Rolling my eyes, I walk back into my home. I've been alive for ninety-two years and have yet to fall in love. Well technically I've been alive for seventeen, dead for seventy-five. Still it doesn't change the fact that I've never been in love. Oh God, just the idea of it sickens me to the core. The last time I got close to someone, they ended up turning me into a blood sucking monster.
*Flashback*
"So can I come inside?" My boyfriend, Austin Carlile asks politely.
"Of course," I say opening the door. He's been begging to come inside since our first date. I know what he wants and I'm finally ready to give it to him. We walk inside, our fingers still intertwined. I suddenly feel his hand leave mine and I whimper at the lose of contact. I turn around and scream in fright as Austin pins me up against the wall. "I've been waiting so long for this," he says as his sharp fangs hover over my neck.
"Vampires can't enter one's home unless invited," he says menacingly. His teeth linger of my neck and I try to push him away.
"I thought you loved me," I tell him honestly. Austin stares at me in shock and busts out laughing. "Vampires don't fall in love with humans, they eat them."
"I didn't even know you were a vampire. I didn't even know they existed!"
"Well now you do," he says just before his fangs pierce my neck. I feel my skin break and I scream as he bites deeper into my flesh, the life slowly leaving my body. Pain shoots through my veins and I feel myself falling unconscious. Austin's fangs leave my neck and I close my eyes. Even in my unconscious state, I can still feel the pain coursing through my body, entering my heart until it slowly stops beating.
I open my eyes and sit up, only to quickly lay back down. My body aches of pain and I can't feel my legs. I force myself up and limp into the bathroom, the memories of last night flooding my mind. I look into the mirror and jump back, not even recognizing my own reflection. My once tan skin is now ghostly pale and my once blue eyes are now gleaming red. My throat feels dry and I can barely speak. I need to drink something. Grabbing a glass from the kitchen, I quickly pour some water and chug it down. It does nothing but make me feel worse. I need something but I don't know what. I walk outside and the cool air sends shivers down my spine. It's already dark outside. Damn, how long was I out for? Suddenly, I feel a cool sensation fills my nostrils, a scent I've never smelled before. I look up and sure enough, running by is a young woman. It all makes sense now. I need blood to quench this thirst.