Status: Slowly but surely

Only a Vampire Can Love You Forever

You Make Me Feel Low

"Honey why don't you go say hello to our neighbors. I hear the boy across the street is the same age as you," my mother says kindly. "What joy! Am I supposed to be his best friend now?" I asks sarcastically. Sighing, my mom takes a seat beside me. "I know you're still angry about the move but you'll get over. Over time, I'm sure you'll grow to love this place."
"I doubt it."
"It's one year Vic. Then you can live wherever you want." She has a point. I just gotta stick it out for one more year, then I can go whenever my heart desires. "Alright I'm leaving," I say while standing up. I better get this over with while I still have the energy. I throw my jacket on and walk out the door, the cool breeze sending shivers down my back. Glancing around, I notice a brown brick house. It's looks so depressing compared to the colorful houses surrounding it. If it weren't for the car in the drive way, I would have thought it was abandoned. Well I guess I'll go to this house first. Walking up the steps, I feel a shiver travel through my body. I hesitantly knock on the door and wait for someone to answer. I half expect a crazy old man to answer the door but to my surprise, a cute boy about my age answers it. This must be the boy my mom was talking about earlier. The kid eyes me suspiciously and I start to feel uncomfortable. Something about him ticks me off.
Kellin's pov
I watch in fear as a young boy observes my house. This must be the new neighbor's son. The first thing I notice about him is his tan skin, deeply contrasting with my pale skin. He has wavy brown locks, much prettier compared to my stringy black hair. The boy has chocolate brown eyes, full of life. They're so pretty compared to my cold, blue eyes. Wait what? Did I just say he has pretty eyes. What the fuck Kellin?
The boy starts walking toward my house and I feel my heart beat quicken. Well not really because I have no heart beat but you know what I mean. I'm not good at socializing with people so this kid better not knock on my fucking door.
*Knock Knock*
Shit! I slowly walk away from my blacked out window and to the door. Shaking, I turn the door knob and glare at the young boy. Smiling, the boy seems unfazed by my mean glare.
"Hi I'm Vic. I just moved here from San Diego," he says extending his hand. Ignoring his gesture, I openly speak my mind. "So Vic, you're telling me you left sunny San Deigo to live in shitty ass Seattle?" Rolling his eyes, Vic nods his head. "I didn't wanna move."
"Well I don't wanna get up every morning and drive to school but I have to. Believe me kid, you're get over it," I say before trying to shut the door. Using his foot, the tanned skin boy stops me from closing it. "Wait you didn't tell me your name."
"Kellin Quinn." He nods his head and smiles brightly. "Okay well maybe we can hang out sometime."
"Listen kid, I don't hang out. I prefer to keep to myself so if you don't mind, I'd like it if you left my property." I watch in amusement as his smile falters and he flicks me off. "Well fuck you then!" Watching from the window, I laugh as Vic storms back into his house. Okay so maybe I was a little harsh but he needed to know the truth. I don't "hang out" with people. If I did, I'd be setting my self up for disaster. If I get too close, I could end up hurting someone. This is why I only hang out with other vampires. I'll never let myself get close to a human, no matter what.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would make my day : )