Status: Freshly started cowrite! :D

Between the Wheels

In hopes of gaining a little publicity while also raising funds for charity, Ford holds a contest that put everyday women behind the wheel on a racetrack. It is a random drawing of no-experience-required applicants, and the winners are to be paired with Ford's own Global Rallycross drivers for training and practice in the week and a half leading up to the race.

Evelyn Marcella finds herself beyond excited to be one of the winners! She has been a fan since the start of GRC and a fan of many of the drivers for even longer. Naturally, some anxiety comes with this, but she just tries to remind herself that they are all normal guys...even when she receives the email notifying her that she is paired with none-other than Tanner Foust.

Day one of their agenda has them meeting over breakfast to go over the details for the rest of the week and they then spend the rest of the day acquainting themselves with the track, car and each other. Each progressive day is similar, but usually adds something else - measurements and fitting for a fire suit of her very own, etc. In that week and a half, they find themselves hitting it off quite nicely.

...and by the after party following the conclusion of the race, they find themselves at a point of either wanting to maintain their friendship, or possibly take it further.

Title Credit: Goes to RUSH, for this one. ;)

This little cowrite is taking place between myself, drifting carnies, writing for Evelyn and the lovely vengefulvalkyrie writing for Tanner. We hope you enjoy~ ;D