In the Life

Love

It was sixth grade. I met a boy. I do not remember his name or what he liked to do, but we dated. We hadn't met before and we went on a date, per his request. We walked around the mall. He didn't speak a word to me after the date, so I suppose it shouldn't count, but I think it does. I do not think of him as my first boyfriend or my first relationship, but I do think of him to be my first date.

It barely bothered me that he didn't speak to me again.

It wasn't until eighth grade that I had my first relationship. I loved her and I know for certain that she was my first love, though I wasn't hers.

We met in 2007 in February. She joined the lunch table I sat at, having met my friend in a class. I welcomed her, but mainly spoke to my other friends. Over the next year and a half, we had become best friends and in October of 2008, I developed feelings for this girl. I was confused, having thought that I liked boys prior to that. This started a relatively short life crisis which I went through by myself, not telling half of my friends or any of my family, so I won't explain it.

In October, I went to a party. There were four people there. The hostess, her, some girl I can't remember, and I. Somehow, she and I ended up in the closet, we were hiding from the hostess and to this day, I'm not sure I remember why. We were in the closet and were speaking in hushed voices. I felt the sudden urge to kiss her, but did not out of fear that maybe she didn't like me back. However, it turned out that she had been wanting to kiss me as well.
Later that evening I did manage to kiss the girl.

We dated for about a month and a half, but in that month and a half, I was happier than I had ever remembered myself being. She broke up with me. I cried for a long time and I loved her for two more years.

It wasn't easy. We're still best friends and we talk a lot.

I didn't date again until the spring of 2009 when a girl who I'd been talking to online asked me out. I said yes, having had really enjoyed our conversations. We dated until July 2009 and I felt that I had loved her too, and I did. She looked remarkably like my best friend.

In July of 2009, I got a message. "She's not real."

That hurt. That hurt more than any break up I will ever have.

I didn't really move on until 2011, but it still hurt.

In late 2010, I met another girl. I loved her more that I loved anyone else. She was perfect for me. I dated her from January 2011 to September 2012. She broke up with me. Sometimes I still hurt from that. It hurts a lot, but I've moved on to better things. Sometimes I feel like I need to talk about it with her, but she doesn't really care about me anyway.

Now I have a girlfriend. She's fantastic and we've been dating for almost 3 months.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment ~ subscribe

michaelryanpritchard