Status: on hiatus.

First Time for Everything.

the drugstore.

I stepped off the bus and pulled the hood of my jacket over my head. In the cool September air, I knew I didn’t need it, but I didn’t want anyone to see me.
You would think I would have taken my car to the little drug store across town, but that couldn’t happen. Oh no. No one could see me; no one could know what I was doing.
I kept my sun glasses shielded over my eyes, in case I were to see anyone I went to school with. It would be a disaster. Alexandria Bunch, the girl who was buying a pregnancy test at the dollar drugstore.

I pushed the door open, hearing the little bell jingle. The old Filipino lady who worked there every time I came in was there again today. I hoped she wouldn’t notice me, even with the huge sunglasses I had on.

I went through the aisles, taking my time before I bought what I needed. I didn’t need to rush, even though I wanted my answer as soon as possible.

I went down aisle five and I found what I was looking for. There were so many choices, I wasn’t really sure on which to get.

“EPT, First Response, Clear Choice, Accu-clear, some generic brand,” I mumbled under my breath. I only had ten dollars on me, and some of that had to go towards the bus fare to get back home.
I grabbed a generic brand and walked back up to the register. I placed it on the counter.

“That’ll be $7.45,” the cashier told me. I shakily handed her my ten and watched with anticipation as she gave me back my change. She bagged the item I had bought, and I was a little thankful for that.

I stepped back outside and walked quickly to the bus stop. No one could see what was inside of my bag but it felt as if everyone knew. It felt almost as if everyone knew what I had. I didn’t wanna wait for the bus to come, however long that took. I just wanted it to come soon.

When it finally arrived, I paid my bus fare and went to the back. I was so scared of what my future held, and the little test I had in the paper bag would determine it.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, new story.
i think it's going to go well. c:

read. | recommend. | subscribe. | comment.


Image