Status: on hiatus.

First Time for Everything.

testing.

I arrived home a few minutes later. I had made sure to roll the paper bag up and stuff it in my jacket pocket; I didn’t want anyone becoming suspicious.

I walked through the front door and I could hear the sounds of my house being active. I could hear Mom and Abigail in the kitchen cooking, Dad was in the living room watching whatever sports game that was on, and Amanda and Matthew in the designated playroom we had set up for him.

I checked my pocket to make sure the bag was still there and I began walking through the house. I walked past the kitchen, sticking my head in for a second to say hello to Mom and Abigail, and I went into the playroom.

Amanda sat there with Matthew in her lap; he had two blocks in his hands and was chewing on the corner of one.

Amanda sighed, “Ugh, Matthew! I told you not to do that!” She shifted him to take the block out of his mouth, and he promptly began to cry.

I sat down in front of him and began to coo, “Hey Mattie,” I began, “you shouldn’t do that; you know mommy doesn’t like that,”

Amanda rolled her eyes; she hated it when I spoke in baby talk to Matthew. He was only eighteen months old, but he was able to say a few words, even if they were still in baby form.

I was the middle child of three. Amanda was the eldest and Abigail was the youngest. There was a four year difference between Amanda and I, and a five year difference between me and Abigail. Was Matthew going to have a cousin soon? I bit down on my lip and remembered I still had the test in my pocket. I had to get to a bathroom.

I left the playroom and walked up the stairs to the second floor, taking a left to where the bathroom all three of us girls shared. I locked the door and did my business.

I sat the pregnancy test on the counter, looking at the little clock telling me it was processing.

The words “PREGNANT” flashed. Clear as day.

I swallowed the lump that had appeared in my throat.

“Well, I am fucked,” I muttered to myself, wrapping the test up in toilet paper and throwing it away in the wastebasket.
♠ ♠ ♠
second chapter. hope everyone likes it.
read. | recommend. | subscribe. | comment.


Image