Status: on hiatus.

First Time for Everything.

Amanda knows.

I walked up the stairs and into my room. I began to pace, thinking about my options. Could I get Amanda to take me to the Planned Parenthood?

I sat down on my bed and looked at my stomach. I couldn’t be very far along; I had only missed one period. I had even looked up the symptoms of pregnancy, and so far, I’d only had nausea. I knew there was more, but I had yet to experience them.

A soft knock on my door startled me, and Amanda stuck her head in. She opened my door all the way and stepped in.

“We need to talk,” she said, she crossed her arms and a stern look crossed her face. She looked a lot like mom, but I didn’t say anything because I knew it would piss her off.

“About what?” I asked, acting like I didn’t know what she was talking about.

“This,” she held up the pregnancy test, “I found this pee stick in the bathroom, something you wanna tell me?”

It felt as if my heart stopped, I knew I had been caught and I was heading for the guillotine.

“Uh, yeah,” I mumbled.

Amanda began tapping her foot on the floor, she crossed her arms again and I could tell she was chewing on the inside of her lip when she was thinking really hard about something.

“Well, as you can tell, I’m uh,” I stopped, did I really want to say the word out loud?

“Pregnant,” Amanda finished, “you’re pregnant, I can’t believe this Alex.”

“Why can’t you? I’m a seventeen year old girl,” I muttered, I could feel my cheeks turning bright red.

“Yeah, a seventeen year old honors student who’s never gotten a detention slip before. Do you even know who the father is?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Who is he?”

“Ethan Ryler,” I muttered.

Who? Amanda asked, her brow was furrowed.
“Do I know this guy? Do you two secretly date behind mom and dad’s back?”

“No,” I said, getting defensive, “we don’t date. We never have. You remember that party I went to in July?”

Amanda eyes widened and she brought her hand to her face, pinching her nose between her index finger and thumb.

“Please tell me you didn’t get drunk and slept with that guy,” she whispered.

“Well, I uh, kind of did.”

Amanda sighed and walked over to my desk chair, sitting down in it.

“I cannot believe you right now Alex, how did you manage to fuck up this badly? Do you plan on even keeping the thing? What about school? How are you going to tell mom and dad?” she began bombarding me with questions, it felt as if my head were spinning.

“I don’t know,” I muttered to myself. I looked down at my feet.

“Well, I guess I can help you out, I can’t promise anything, but you have to tell this dude. I know it’s hard, trust me, it was a bitch telling Adam about Matthew, but if you decide to keep it, you can’t let it live without knowing it’s father. At least Matthew gets to see Adam every other weekend, and I had to go to court for that.”

“I know,” I nodded, remembering the hell we had to go through for Matthew’s father to pay some type of child support to Amanda, seeing she was raising Matthew all on her own.

“So, tomorrow’s Monday, I’ll call and get you an appointment with my gyno, and we can see how far you’re along, and I guess then you can tell mom and dad about it,”

“Okay,” I muttered, pulling my knees to my chest.

Amanda stood up and walked out, shutting the door behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
fourth chapter, hope everyone enjoys it!

read. | recommend. | subscribe. | comment.


Image