Status: on hiatus.

First Time for Everything.

guidance counselor.

Standing there in the dining room, having everyone look at me and waiting for someone to speak seemed like forever. It felt as if my heart was going to jump out of my chest cavity I was so nervous.

"Well then," Mom broke the silence by standing up and taking her plate away into the kitchen. Dad sat there, still as a stone. He seemed shocked, but he wasn't showing any expression whatsoever.

"There's going to be another baby?!" Abigail exclaimed.

I think when Abigail said that, it registered in everyone's mind, that me, Alexandria Bunch, the straight A, honor roll student and all-around good kid, had fucked up for the first time in my life.

"I can't believe you Alex!" Mom screeched from the kitchen.

I closed my eyes and tried to think of happy thoughts, but none were to come. I had fucked up, and I would be the one who had to pay the consequences.

“We can’t afford another baby,” Dad muttered, “we’re still paying off Matthew’s medical bills.”

“Alex will get a job,” Amanda spoke up for me. I looked over at her, and she held her gaze with Dad.

“You’re damn right she better,” he said, standing up from the table.

“I can’t believe you’d do this Alex, what is wrong with you?” My mom yelled from the kitchen. I heard the sound of glass breaking.

Amanda came over and put her hand on my shoulder. I didn't realize I had been crying until now. I did what I could to brush the tears away, but it was no use. I was now the official family fuck up.

Image


“It’ll be okay Alex, promise.” Amanda was trying to reassure me.

“No it won’t,” I whispered, grabbing another tissue and wiping my eyes with it.

“Yeah, it will. I’m pretty sure they’re going to put a chastity belt on Abi, but it will be fine. It might take a while, but it will be.”

“If you say so,” I said, burying my head in my pillows. I didn't want to be bothered at all.

“Well, just don’t forget to take your prenatal vitamins, the last thing we want is little one coming out all deformed.” Amanda patted my back and left my room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Image


I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to do anything. I wanted to lay in bed and waste away, because that’s all I was good for. I didn't want to go to school and face Ethan, knowing he called me a liar and would never believe me. I didn't want to get up and see the look of shame on my parents faces. I knew they were disappointed in me, as I was disappointed in myself.

I felt someone shaking my shoulder. I wanted to tell them to get lost. I didn't want to leave my bed.

“Come on Alex,” it was Abi.

“Go away,” I muttered, pulling my blanket above my head, hoping it would make her go away.

“No, you need to get up,” Abi said, pulling my blankets off. I curled up into the fetal position.

I knew Abi wasn't going to leave me alone. I sat up and got out of bed. I shooed her out of my room so I could get ready.

Image


I was dropped off at school by Amanda again. I knew today would be hard. Ethan would ignore me and act as if nothing had ever happened, and I would be going from class to class; carrying around this burden.

I walked through the halls, trying to get to homeroom, when I was stopped by the guidance counselor. Everyone knew Ms. Northon. She would get into your business no matter what.

“I need you to come to the office Alexandria.” she said plainly. As if she had something better to do than be at her job.

I followed her back to the main office and went into her office. I was shocked when I walked in. Ethan was sitting there.

“Sit down Alex,” Ms. Northon said, gesturing towards the other besides Ethan.

I sat down, crossing my legs. I felt nervous and anxious. My hands began to sweat and my leg began to twitch.

“Okay you two,” Ms. Northon said, she had a sheet of paper and she was reading it.
“Alexandria, it says here you’re eight weeks pregnant, and that Ethan is the father.”

I nodded, biting down on my lip.

Ms. Northon switched her gaze from me to Ethan.

“What do you have to say?” she asked him.

He shrugged, “I don’t know. We never had sex. She’s obviously lying.”

I felt my mouth drop open. He was calling me a liar, in front of the guidance counselor. He wanted the sex more than I did that night!

“Okay,” Ms. Northon said, pushing her glasses back on her nose, “Ethan, will you be willing to take a paternity test to prove you’re the father?”

Ethan shrugged. “Sure, if it’ll clear my name,”

That’s when she looked away from him and again at me.
“And Alex,” she began, “do you plan on suing for child support?”

“I-I don’t know,” I stuttered.

“Do you agree to have a paternity test done to prove he’s the father?”

“Y-yeah,” I muttered. My tongue felt like it was too big for my mouth again and I was tripping over my words.

Ms. Northon nodded and marked something down on her paper.

“Alex,” she addressed me, “do you plan on keeping the baby?”

I nodded and looked down at my lap.

“Okay then, I think we’re finished here,” she put the papers in a manila folder, “you two can go back to your classes now.”

Ethan bolted out of the room and I slowly walked behind him. Everyone was going to know sooner or later that I was pregnant, and it would create a shitstorm. I would always be that girl. That girl who did everything perfectly until she went to Ethan Ryler’s party.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's monday agaaain, lol.
hope everyone enjoys this update!
just to clarify, usually when a girl tells her parents she's pregnant, the parents will call up the school and let them know the situation. just saying so there isn't any confusion.

read. | recommend. | subscribe. | comment.


Image