Status: You tell me

Come a Little Closer

Can You Come A Little Closer?

I looked over to the alarm clock that sat quietly on the bed side table. It read 2:03am, this was early for me. I never tended togo to sleep before 5am every day. Ever since my parents had passed, I'd never been able to sleep at a normal hour. Every single night without fail my entire body would shake in tremble in fear, cold sweat would drip from my face and fear would sweep through me. I'd never told anyone about these panic attacks, but I had seen many councillors and none of them had been able to help me. So every night, I pushed through these horrid panic attacks until morning, when my body would relax and calm down. By this time I had already had a panic attack, and was hoping I could attempt sleep.

Steven was off tomorrow to practice with the band, so they could start getting some songs down. He invited me with him, and I would've liked to be well rested by this time. I couldn't stop thinking about Hayley with her red hair and beautiful green eyes. I could almost feel her arms wrapped around me again, as she had done when we first met. I don't know why she did this, but I was thankful for it. It wasn't often that another being, aside from my brother made any physical contact with myself. It was a nice feeling. I hoped that someday Hayley would put her arms around me again.

I lazily looked over at the alarm clock again. An hour had passed and my eyes began to grow weary, and my body had grown tired from the shakes and tremors it had been through. I pulled my doona closer to myself and snuggled up against my giant pillow for comfort. I let my eyes shut and I instantly felt relaxed. I had a feeling today would be a good day. There was something about Hayley that made my heart sing out. It was an odd, yet comforting feeling. I felt myself beginning to fall in and out of sleep, and I stopped holding sleep at bay, letting it wash all over me.

*later in the day*

Steven pulled his car up out in front of a house. As soon as he pulled up I jumped out of the car and swung myself towards the door of the house. From behind me I heard a deep, but soft laugh come from Steven.

"I don't think I've ever seen you this excited before!"

I laughed at my brothers remark and waited by the door for him to join me. Once he reached my he placed a hand on my shoulder and gestured for me to knock on the door, so I reached out my covered arm and knocked firmly on the door. I heard some muffled voices come from inside, accompanied by excited squeals. I let a laugh escape my lips just as the door swung open and we were greeted with the beaming face of Hayley. She stood in the door way smiling at me, and I couldn't help but let my eyes devour her entirety. Today she was wearing short curt off shorts, a pair of red low cut converse and a white singlet top. Her collar bones stood out from her body and I once again melted. I couldn't exactly name what was so amazing about this girl, but just the mention of her name and my heart would begin to do backflips. Her hair was tied in a loose pony tail and random bits of hair stuck out in odd places. It only made her appear that much cuter.

"Come in" Hayley said as she moved away to let Steven and I walk through the door way. As I walked into the room my eyes scanned the area. The house was a colourful house, many paintings and pictures lined the walls. I looked over at the fireplace to the right side of the room, and my eyes were instantly drawn to the large and slightly disturbed collection of what appear to be Barbie Dolls. I felt a hand touch my back and the shock of this small touch send me spinning to face the other direction. I soon found my self in extremely close range to Hayley. She had a cheeky grin on her face and I could almost feel her breath on me. She leaned closer and whispered in my ear

"Come downstairs. The guys are setting up. I want you to come and listen". My breathing began to stutter and I breathed in the flowery smell of the woman before me. I heard a soft giggle shoot out of her lips as she pulled away, snapping me out of this odd trance. I could hear sounds of distorted guitars and the banging of sticks on a drum set coming from below the house. I raised my eyebrows at Hayley and she merely shrugged, walking off to stairs that must've led to the basement.

"Aly" She called out to me before disappearing behind the door. I ran my fingers through my gelled hair before following in her footsteps. My feet hit the stairs making a satisfying crunch sound as I made my way down into the basement. There I saw Steven seated behind a white creme finished Pearl kit, waving his drum sticks in the air like he always did before playing. Taylor was to the right of Steven and Jeremy was to the left. Two other people I didn't know were placed either side of the drum kit, both with guitars strapped over their shoulders. I glanced over at Hayley and she had an orange microphone in her grasp. I sat myself on the bottom of the staircase, ensuring myself a good view of each of the members.

Taylor began playing a distorted riff on his guitar, which was soon followed my the crashing of drums and the boastfulness of the bass. I watched at Hayley nodded her head along to the music, a small smile easing at her lips. Ever since I met this girl I was fully intrigued by what she did, I knew I liked her, but it wasn't until her sweet well matured voice reached my ears I realised I was in love with her. I let the sweet sound of her voice wash over me, and feelings of sadness and regret slowly started to wash off me. This girl made me feel so alive. No one had ever been able to do this despite all efforts to fix what appeared to be broken.

I opened my eyes and looked over to the red head who was completely immersed in the lyrics she was singing. I smiled slightly as she looked over at me and smiled back. My smile grew wider as she winked at me, and went back to focusing on the words of the song.

It had been a few hours since Paramore had started practice, and my eyes never strayed from Hayley. There was something about the way she put her heart and soul into this music, It was extremely uplifting and all I could do was smile. I couldn't stop myself. Hayley and the boys jumped into what Taylor said would be the last song before everyone parted ways. This song was softer compared to the ones they had previously played, but it was just as amazing as the others. I closed my eyes and really took in the sound of the music. It was so beautiful and complex. This band had real talent. The song drew to an end almost as quickly as it started, the last note ringing around the room and everyone glanced around at one another, letting smiles take over their faces.

I stood up from the step and walked over to Hayley, patting her softly on the back. I turned to the others and told them how amazing they sound. I watched with a smile as they all began to pack up their gear, nodding their thank you's and gratitudes. They all appeared to be too mind blown to form words.

I turned back around to the shorter, but older women and opened my mouth to speak, but I was cut off by a singly finger covering my lips. She starred into my eyes with a fierceness and opened her mouth.

"Stay over tonight?" she said with innocence only a stupid person would deny. I reached up and grasped her hand, slowly moving it from my lips. I smiled before uttering my reply.

"Of course"

Hayley's eyes lit up at these words, and she turned to my brother to fill him in on the plans. I had only knows Hayley for a week or so, and she was already inviting me over for what I hoped to me an amazing night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoy. I might not be able to update for a while, as I am going away for a few days. But i will try my best!

Comment/subscribe?