‹ Prequel: Demons
Sequel: Grey
Status: Drabble/Finished/Completed

Willa

Willa

Image

The first time I saw her, she was walking on the beach. Her curly light brown hair hugged her back and played with the cold wind of Autumn. I started walking ten steps behind her without realizing my feet were moving towards her, following her. Her steps were small and she turned her head to the left as she gazed at the ocean. Her dreamy green eyes seemed lost in the deep blue of the sea. My eyes followed hers and I did the same trying to feel what she felt. The sound of the waves hitting the rocks made it seem like there was a war going on in the sea.

I turned to look at her again realizing she had started walking. I watched closely as I followed her yet again without a purpose. The blue pair of jeans she was wearing hugged her slender feet as her athletic white shoes kept her toes warm. Her pale green blouse with long sleeves wasn’t warm enough for the cold weather. Her hands must have been crossed over her chest as she rubbed her arms, obviously feeling the coldness of November.

The view made me feel the want to keep her inside my strong and warm arms. I had started walking quicker, ready to hold her in my arms when I reminded myself that I was nothing more than a stranger to the young woman walking in front of me. Instead of walking straight ahead, she changed route and walked towards a huge rock. She sat down with her back against the rock and brought her knees to her chest as a tear rolled down her pale left cheek.

My feet took me to where she was and I silently sat down beside her. Without looking at her and keeping my eyes on the waves that were getting stronger and stronger, I asked her if she was alright. I saw her move her right hand from the corner of my eyes, obviously to hide her tears. She didn’t answer me but she didn’t get up to leave either.

I felt the need to hear her voice so I finally turned to look at her but upon seeing her I lost my voice. She was gazing straight ahead at the sea as I gazed into her eyes. She looked like she had gotten out of a painting. At that moment I thought that if she looked into my eyes, I would be lost in hers….and then it happened.

She slowly turned her head towards me with her eyes looking down and then slowly, she looked up at me and my heart melted right away. She had the most captivating green eyes I had ever seen. Her eyes on mine felt like they could unravel the deepest secrets of my soul and it scared me a bit, but more than that it excited me.

I finally remembered what I wanted when my mobile phone vibrated in my jacket’s pocket…I wanted to hear her voice. When I found my voice, I asked her in a slow and calm tone if she was okay again. Her response was to give me a kind smile which hugged her beautiful face instead of answering me with her voice. Did she want to avoid me? Was I annoying her? I didn’t know so I just silently sat there without even checking my mobile phone. Never before had I been so captivated by a woman, let alone a human being.

As the time went on and we sat silently beside each other in the cold weather while we starred at the waves, she interested me even more. The movements of her slender, pale hands, the way she smiled as she was lost in her thoughts and memories, and the way she would play with her curly hair… She had managed to catch my attention without doing anything.

I had never fallen in love before and honestly I wasn’t interested in it but love came when I wasn’t expecting it. I never believed in love, yet I fell in love at first sight. It seemed silly how she attracted me like a magnet when I had just met her. She seemed so interesting and alive that I never wanted to leave her side. Would it have been too much if I asked her to be mine? I knew it was and her reaction would have been to either slap me or just get up and leave…and yet she was so beautiful…she seemed like a pure angel that had come to Earth from Heaven only to save the children from the misery of this world. She looked that beautiful in my eyes.

After half an hour of the constant vibrating in my pocket, I knew I had to either pick it up or turn it off. Against my better judgment, I picked it up. It was one of my band mates informing me I had to go to the studio in a serious and angry tone. The recording had already started and I wasn’t there with them. I told them I’d be there in a few minutes before I hung up.

I got up quickly and went towards the people that walked near the beach. I asked many of them if they could give me a piece of paper and a pen or something to write and I’d give them an autograph. When I managed to get what I wanted, I wrote down my phone number along with my name, Zacky. I ran back to where I was sitting on the sand with her, only to realize she was staring at me. I must have made a fool out of myself trying so hard over a woman I had just met.

Once I was near her, I gave her the small white piece of paper and she took it. Her hand didn’t touch mine like I secretly hoped but what she did next took my breath away. She got up and her pale lips connected with my cheek and then she stayed there for only a few seconds to whisper, ‘’I’m Willa. Nice to meet you.’’