Status: Please write comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Destiny's War

9

“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Destiny, Happy Birthday to you!” blearily, I opened my heavy eyes and peered round questioningly at my family members. Attempting a smile, I groggily sat up, blinking in the harsh daylight. Everything finally coming into focus, I appeared startled at the long, rectangular brown paper parcel sitting just centimetres from me. Curiously, I carefully examined it, wondering what the mysterious parcel enclosed. “Go on then Destiny. Open it”, Raiden chimed impatiently. Sebastian began fidgeting whilst Sophia started elegantly checking her perfect nails. “Yes, come along now Destiny. We all want to see if you like it”, Mother gently encouraged me, her pleasant beam straining. I would have loved to have just simply gazed wonderingly at my strangely mystifying parcel but I noticed the bored expressions from my surrounding family members. Suddenly not wanting to wait a second longer, I enthusiastically tore at the present until all the neatly tied brown paper lay in shreds and my present sat motionless in my badly scarred hands.
It was a journal. A proper Italian journal with a crimson leather-bound cover and scarlet and gold swirls patterning all over it. Awestruck, I leisurely opened it up, revealing pages and pages of blank pristine pages itching to be written on. I immediately saw my future, grown-up self as a professional, award-winning authoress. And for the first time since the hateful war began, my usually solemn, thin face broke out into a loving, tender-hearted smile.