Status: Please write comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Destiny's War

5

Oh, how life has become so isolated and depressing. We aren’t allowed out to school or to see friends as Mother needs our help around the house now that there’s no Father. Not that we’d want to go anywhere since never before have I felt so melancholy and dismal in my entire twelve years. Another horrible thing is that it’s my thirteenth birthday next week and I’d hoped to have a proper party with a delicious sponge birthday cake covered with decorative icing. Now all my careful planning would be wasted. I know Mother will try her hardest to bake a half decent cake with the meagre rations we can spare. As for a party, I’ll most likely have to just have a tiny family gathering.
I wander aimlessly through every room, everything meaningless. No longer do I want to take up a book and begin reading or draw or even communicate with the other members of my close family. There is no other way to describe the pain and aching loneliness I endure every day as soon as I rise from my bed. Sofia’s intolerable chatter goes through one ear and out the other; Raiden’s mischievous now half-hearted tricks have zero effect on me; Sebastian’s irresistible whining blares like a siren, causing a constant headache while Mother’s reluctant orders fly straight over my empty head.