Your Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

duex.

I sat down at the lunch table with Kade and Lacy, Kade’s girlfriend Aimee had decided to join us.

“I got sat on again.” I informed them, sliding the tray over so I could sit and sulk.
“Again?!” Lacy asked, holding her hand under my mouth, I could see milk dribbling down.
“Yea, again,” I said.

“You’d think they notice a bony-ass girl under them,” Kade said, twirling the spaghetti on his plastic fork.
“Yea no jizz,” I said, placing my head in my arms.

“Who sat on you this time?” Lacy asked.
“You should guess,” I said, I knew my words were muffled from my head being buried into my arms.
“Which one? The ass or the douche?” Lacy asked me, I lifted my head, laughing under my breath. Brian and Matt, the ones Lacy and I labeled ass and douche. Zachary, Johnny and James really didn’t mess with us; it was always Matt and Brian.

“It was the douche,” I said, laying my head back into my arms. I didn’t feel so hungry now.
Lacy reached over the table and patted my head.
“Don’t worry Noels,” Lacy said, “They’ll stop sooner or later,”
Sooner would be preferably, I thought.

–x<3x-

“We’re moving where?” I asked.
“To New York,” My father repeated, my mother nodded.
“But why?” I asked.
“Because Nolan,” My father started “My job requires it.”

I nodded, taking it all in. Did I really want to move? Somewhat, although I’d miss Lacy, and Kade. I’d be happy as ever to leave the gang that terrorized me ever since I entered high school.

Man, it’s gonna suck telling them I thought, as I walked up to my room to begin packing.

–x<3x-

“You’re moving where?” Lacy asked, we were sitting outside the school.
“New York,” I said, brushing my short red bangs out of my eyes.
“Oh my God, I can’t believe you’re leaving me!” Lacy said, all but tackling me.

“Lace…can’t…breathe.” I said, she was hugging me to tightly.
Kade was sitting beside Lacy, he was holding hands with Aimee, silent as ever.

I looked over at the sidewalk, and saw Brian and Zachary hanging onto the fence, the person who hung off of Zacky’s arms made my stomach curl. Lacy followed my gaze.

“I still can’t believe she did that,” Lacy said.
I nodded, “Yep, such a traitor,”

You see, two years ago when Kade and his twin sister Katie, Lacy, Sarah and I started high school, we stuck together, never gave up on anybody, was always there for each other no matter what.

But, Katie graduated early, and she was now in Europe, working on her master’s degree, and Sarah had gotten sucked into the gang’s evil ways.
Sarah was now Brian’s toy, it seemed like a few months ago, she was Zachary’s, I didn’t care, I just still couldn’t believe she betrayed us like that.

I didn’t notice I was chewing on my lip until I tasted the metallic taste of blood, I wiped it on my arm, I didn’t care, I had to get to class.

x-<3-x

I walked into science class, my heart sinking to my knees. Matt sat behind me…joy.

“Alright class,” Mr. Keller started, shuffling some papers on his desk.
“We will be doing a class experiment, everyone will have a partner,”

Mr. Keller began to call out names, I tapped my pencil, waiting to hear my name.

“Nolan Flynn and Matthew Sanders.” I felt my eyes go as wide as dinner plates. There was no way Mr. Keller could do this to me, could he?

I walked over to the table and sat my books down, I was surprised that he didn’t knock them all down onto the floor; he had a habit of doing that. I took out two sheets of paper and began to write for the assignment.

“What are you doing?” He asked.
“Doing this assignment, so you don’t fail and I won’t go down a letter grade, that’s what I’m doing,” I told him, shoving a paper towards him, I had made my normal handwriting scrawly and it matched his, almost.

“Write your name on it so we can turn it in,” I said, he scribbled his name and I all but snatched the paper from his hands.
I walked up to Mr. Keller’s desk and turned it in, I only had fifteen more minutes left in this horrid place, they couldn’t pass sooner.

The bell finally rang, I jumped up, spilling my binder to the ground, I scurried to pick it up so I wouldn’t be late to my next class. Matthew bent down and handed me a few bits of paper, I looked at him, a strange and confused look spreading over my face, he shrugged and thrust the papers into my hands, I gathered them up rather quickly and made my way out of the door, feeling strangely odd.

x-<3-x

Finally the day was over, I was lying on my bed, looking at the ceiling, looking at the posters and the pictures of all the fun nights adorned my walls. Was I going to miss Huntington Beach? Of course, but it was good to get a good start I guess.

I looked at the clock, it was only five pm, I wonder if I can catch a quick nap? I thought, I decided to. I turned onto my side and pulled my knees up to my chest, falling asleep before I knew it.