Make a Wish

Chapter 1

Make a Wish

Chapter 1

The crowd cheers as I finished the last few lyrics of “In the End”. I was heavily out of breath, gulping in a huge amount of air as I held up my hand to make a ‘rock on’ symbol. Playing these shows always gave me a rush. My heart was beating fast and the sweat was dripping from my forehead.

“Thank you, Allentown, Pennsylvania! You guys rock!” I lowered the microphone and started toward the exit of the stage. A hand wrapped around my forearm and stopped me in my tracks. I whipped around to see Ashley holding a microphone to his lips.

“Before we go, as you all know, Andy’s birthday is tomorrow!” He yelled. I felt the blush come to my cheeks. “This motherfucker is turning 23 tomorrow so on 3 shout “Happy fucking birthday, Andy!” 1…2…3!”

“Happy fucking birthday, Andy!” Rang through the crowd.

“Thank you guys so much!” I yelled back. And with that we exited the stage. Jon was giving us two weeks off to celebrate my birthday and take a break from traveling.

“Thanks, Ash.” I said as I sat on one of the couches in the tour bus. He plopped down next to me.

“No problem, buddy.” He flashed his perfect smile and I swear I melted in my seat. His brown eyes sparkled with happiness and I had the sudden urge to kiss him. I bite my tongue, turning as hard as I could to suppress the feelings.

“I…I’m going to bed, night.” I said, standing up from the couch and heading towards the bunks. I thought I heard him reply back; maybe it’s just my imagination. I climbed into the small bed and put in my headphones. I put it on shuffle and of course “Love Isn’t Always Fair” came on. I can’t be in love with him! He’s Ashley fucking Purdy! A guy! The man-whore of Black Veil Brides and straight as a stripper’s pole! I keep repeated that I didn’t love him over and over but I knew that I was a lie. I’ve been telling myself the same lie for months now. And since tomorrow is my birthday party, he’s probably going to be picking up the first hot girl that he sees.

I sigh and close my eyes. I slowly drifted off into a deep, dreamless sleep.