Make a Wish

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The shaking would not stop. I tried thinking it was just part of the vivid dream I was having a few minutes ago. The male voice whispering in my ear was not going away.

“Andy!” The voice yelled. Ashley. I groaned and waved him off.

“Andrew, get your ass out of bed before I dump cold water on you!” He said again. I flew up from the bed, hitting my head on the bunk above in the process.

“Fucking hell!” I grabbed where I had it my head and I could feel a small bump forming. Ashley laughed and I flipped him off.

“Happy birthday, Andy!” He held his arms out, waiting for a hug. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his muscular figure. Ashley’s arms held my small, fragile body. I took in his smell, a mix of alcohol from midnight drinking last night and strawberry shampoo. I quickly pulled back to prevent myself from becoming too intoxicated.

“Presents?” I said with puppy dog eyes. He laughed and removed his arms from my body.

“You’ll get them at the party tonight.” I pouted. “Sorry, Blue Eyes, that’s just how it works.” He shrugged, a smirk playing at his lips. I blushed at the nickname.

“Whatever, Purdy Boy.” Ashley laughed as I climbed out of the bunk and headed into the kitchen.

“Happy birthday, Andy!” CC yelled, tackling me with a hug.

“Happy birthday, Andy.” Jinxx said, handing me a coffee. I raised the cup in response.

“Where’s Jake?” I said as I took a small sip of the coffee.

“Out arranging the party.” Jinxx said.

“Where are we having it?”

“At the Crocodile Rock Café.” Ashley said, coming into the kitchen and grapping a cup of coffee.

“Matt, Danny and a few other band member are going to be there plus some fans.”
I nodded, happy that they invited fans to the party. I loved meeting them and hearing them say how I saved their lives. I may be no hero, but it sure feels good to be treated like one. I sat down on the couch and flipped through the TV channels until I found The Dark Knight. I felt the seat next to me shift and I turned to see Ashley sitting next to me with a bowl of popcorn. I smiled and rested my head against the back of the couch. And a few minutes into the movie, I was already asleep.

“Andy, wake up.” I felt Ashley shaking my shoulder. I groaned. I was too comfortable to move.
“Andy, we need to get ready for the party so you kind of need to get off me.” What? I opened my eyes to see Ashley staring down at me with a smile on his lips. Shit, I feel asleep in his lap!

“Shit, I’m sorry, Ash!” I said, getting up from the couch.

“It’s okay,” He laughed. “But the party’s in an hour so go get ready.”
My eyes widened. I frantically nodded and headed into the bathroom. I didn’t bother to wait for the water to warm up as I got in and started shampooing my hair. How could I be so stupid? How come he didn’t push me off? Could he…? No, it’s not possible. I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, throwing on a pair of leather pants, one of my large belly shirts and a leather jacket. I quickly did my make-up and dried my hair.

I walked out into the living room area to only see Ashley.

“Where are the guys?”

“At the club, I was told to drive you there since there was no more room in Jake’s car.” I nodded and followed Ashley out the door to his black Mercedes. I opened the door and climbed in while Ashley did the same and started the engine. He backed out of the parking lot and we drove silently to the club.

The club was packed when we got there. A playlist of our songs and various other bands played through the club, blocking out any way of hearing someone talk. Ashley led me to a seat near the back. It looked like a black throne with the letters ‘BVB’ across the top. The armrests and the cushion were blood red. I sat down on the throne.

“Alright everyone, the birthday boy would like to say a few words!” Ashley yelled and waved at the DJ to turn off the music. I gulped; I was not prepared for a speech.

“Well, I would like to thank you all for coming out tonight and I would like to apologize to the parents for being forced to come here.” The room erupted in laughter. “But seriously, thank you guys. This means a lot to me. I hope you all have an amazing time because I sure fucking hell will!” They laughed again. “And now…presents!” I raised my hand in the air like a little kid.

Two girls were the first to come up to me. The first had very long dirty blonde hair and greenish-blue eyes. She was wearing a Black Veil Brides shirt, a leather jacket and was holding a large box wrapped in BVB wrapping paper. The second girl had brown hair a little shorter than the first girl. She also had a Black Veil Brides shirt and was holding a box with BVB wrapping paper.

“Hi Andy! I’m Maddie and this is my friend Molly!” Maddie gave me the box she was holding.

“Hi guys, thanks for coming!” I smiled as I started tearing the wrapping paper off. I opened the box to find inside a Misfits belly shirt, a Batman belt, and a drawing of my face. “These are awesome, thank you!” I held out my arms and she wrapped her arms around my waist. Maddie stepped back and Molly came forward and handed me her present. I opened the box and pulled out a pair of Batman pajamas and a Batman snuggie. “Thanks, Molly!” She also gave me hug.

“Could you sign my arm?” Maddie asked, handing me a pen.

“Of course!” I wrote my signature and ‘Never give in’ and the same on Molly’s arm except her arm said ‘Never back down’. The two girls smiled and thanked me before returning to their parents in the back. I went through more fans and friends, signing pictures and arms until my hand felt like it was going to fall off.

Finally, Ashley stood in front of me. He held a small blue box with a white bow. I smiled and opened the small box. Inside was a silver and black Batman ring, on the inside of the band read ‘Andy’. My mouth fell open in shock. This was the most beautiful gift I’ve ever gotten.

“Shut your mouth before a fly gets in there.” Ashley laughed.

“Shut up,” I launched myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and giving him a crushing hug. “Thank you” I whispered in his ear.

“Your welcome.” He smiled and pulled back, taking the ring and slipping it on my middle finger.

“Alright guys! Cake time!” CC shouted, running in with Jinxx behind him.

“CC calm down! I don’t want to drop this!” Jinxx said, holding a cake. Jake came and set a table in front of me where Jinxx lowered the cake.

The crowd sang ‘Happy birthday’ while I stared at the cake in wonder. I had ‘Happy birthday, Andy” at the top and my face from one of the concerts below it.

“Make a wish, Andy!” Ashley whispered. I looked at him then back to the candles, sucked in a deep breath ad blew them out.

I wish I had Ashley.