Make a Wish

Chapter 3

The blinding sun streamed through the window. My eyes slowly opened only to close again due to the brightness. I reached my hand out and felt for my phone. I cracked an eye open to check the time.

9:27 am

I groaned. It was way too early to be up on a Sunday. I rolled over, only to fall off the bed and land on my ass with my batman blanket still wrapped around me. I untangled myself from the blanket and stood up, stretched out my limps and headed into the bathroom. I turned on the faucet and splashed myself with cold water, trying to wake up. I grabbed the towel and patted down my face. I looked up at the mirror and dropped my towel. I stared at myself for a second before letting out a terrified scream.

There was a very beautiful girl standing before me.

I stared at the girl, trying to figure out who the hell she was. Black hair fell to her collarbones and she had piercing blue eyes like mine. I reached out and touched the cold glass, seeing as the girl did the same. I freaked and backed away from the mirror. I was the girl!

What the hell happened last night? All I can remember was my birthday party, the two girls, Ashley, and the cake. I wished I had him. Could this be my chance? Had my wish actually come true or is this some really fucked up dream and I’ll wake up at Jake’s place any minute?

Without thinking, I slapped myself in the face. Nope, I’m awake. No, no this can’t be happening! I can’t go around like this! I knew I needed to have someone on my side and back me up with this. I grabbed my phone and typed a text message to the one person I knew I could trust the most.

A few minutes passed until I heard a loud banging on the door. I stood in front of it and took a deep breath.

“Jinxx, before I open this door, you have to promise not to freak out.”

“Why does your voice sound higher?” He said.

“Promise me.”

“Okay. I promise.” I slowly opened the door. Jinxx stood there impatiently, but when he laid eyes on me, his expression turned to horror. “Oh my god! Andy, is that you?”

I nod, unable to look him in the eye.

“What the hell happened?”

“I…I don’t really know. I think it had to do with what I wished for yesterday…”

“What did you wish for?”

“I…I wished I had Ashley…” I stared at the ground, a blush forming on my cheeks.

“Ashley? As in Ashley Purdy our bassist?” He looked shocked.

I nodded. “Please don’t hate me.” I begged.

Jinxx stepped inside the house and closed the door. “Dude, I could never hate you. You’re like my brother… or sister right now. I don’t know how we’re going to fix this.”

“What should I do?”

“Well, if it really does have to do with your wish then maybe this could be your chance to win Ash’s heart.” Jinxx shrugged.

“Really?”

“Yeah! I mean I say this in a friendly way but you are really hot right now so it might just work.”

I nodded. “What do we tell the guys? They’re probably going to be wondering where I am.”

“Just text them and tell them you’re going on a trip with your parents for your birthday.”

“Okay,” I picked up my phone and sent a mass text message to the guys and Jon. “If something happens, you’ll be on my side right?”

“Defiantly, buddy!” Jinxx pulled me into a hug. “Now lets go get your boy!”