Status: It's a work in progress. Also, please excuse the fact that I don't have a good layout for this story, I am terrible at making them and now have no one to make me one~

Don't Rain On My Parade

A Rude Awakening

"Yo midget get your ass up, the bus will be here soon." I heard a voice yell.

I groaned and reluctantly opened my eyes to see it was the bassist in my band, Kill The Lights, Chris. Chris always calls me midget because he's 6'4 and I'm a good foot shorter than him. Come to think of it, everyone in my band is quite a bit taller than me. Chris has long-ish brown hair, sparkling blue eyes, a nose ring, and is almost always smoking a cigarette. As I rolled out of bed I heard him go to wake my bands drummer, Ian up. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we all live together.
"Get your bitch ass up Ian!" I heard Chris yell as I shuffled into the hallway. Soon after, I heard him jump onto Ian's bed followed by Ian groaning loudly and dramatically. Ian is about 6'1, he also has sort of short hair and always wears glasses. I honestly don't remember a time when he wasn't wearing them. He's also pretty muscular. When I reached the stairs and began to head downstairs the delicious aroma of breakfast hit me. I immediately hurried the rest of the way down because I wanted to see what was cooking and who was cooking it. When I arrived at the kitchen I saw one of my two guitarists, Alex. Alex is about 5'10, he has long brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, a nose ring, and he's absolutely adorable. He's the sweetest person ever and it's pretty impossible to dislike him. I said hi to him and saw that he was cooking some sort of late night dinner. It was only ten at night, we have a ten hour drive from San Diego to Salt Lake City so we're getting picked up soon so we can be there on time. We all had decided to get a bit of sleep before the bus came although we were pretty sure we were going to sleep on the bus anyway. I then made my way to the living room. There, sprawled out on the couch was my other guitarist, Ryan. Ryan is about 6'2, he has sort of long black hair and brown eyes. He's hilarious and is also hard to dislike. Now that I think of it, everyone in the band, excluding me, is pretty hard not to like. I'm 5'4, I have long red velvet cupcake red hair, I also have a padawan braid in my hair because I love Star Wars, I have piercing green eyes, and I have my nose pierced and I have spiderbites. (For anyone that doesn't know what they are its when you have two piercings on the same side on your lower lip). I forgot to mention that everyone in the band has tattoos too. Boy, I'm just a wreck this morning. Ian has his upper arm tattooed, Chris has a sleeve on his left arm and his chest done, Alex has his chest done, Ryan has a sleeve on his right arm and is planning on getting the left done soon, and I have a sleeve on my right arm, lyrics from the song Second And Sebring by Of Mice And Men in the shape of an ampersand, and lyrics from the song Disasterology by Pierce The Veil on my ribs . I'm a walking easel, what can I say? Soon, it was time to eat wasn't until I was finished did I realize that I was going to be touring with some of my favorite bands. I realized that I was probably going to meet them and with that I darted off to my room so that I could fangirl without judgement. Once I finished, I put on different pajamas and threw my hair up into a messy bun because I knew I would just end up changing later anyway so I didn't care much about how I look now. When I was done, I lugged my suitcases downstairs and saw the guys had done the same. Shortly, the bus arrived.

The five of us excitedly hauled our stuff to the bus. We were soon being helped by our drum tech, Aiden, and our merch girl, Allison. I don't think anyone understands how happy I am to have Allison. She is one of my few female friends and I cherish her because I need a break from all these guys every once in a while. Once we finished loading our stuff onto the bus, Allison and I hugged eachother really tightly and then rushed onto the bus to fangirl about how we're going on tour with almost all the bands we listen to. After we calmed down, I checked the time and saw that it was eleven o'clock. I also had only just realized that we were driving. Wow, I am really unobservant. Eventually, everyone got tired and headed off to bed. I woke up to the sound of everyone getting ready. I checked my phone and saw that it was eleven in the morning and rolled out of bed. I quickly put on my black Aspire And Create tank top that says "Create music" on it and a pair of shorts. I then slid on my black vans and proceeded to go do my makeup. I also took my hair out of the bun that it was still in and brushed it. I didn't bother straightening it because it looked nice in its natural wavy state today. I was done getting ready in about a half an hour and I don't think anyone noticed me. When I exited the bathroom I heard everyone in the living room part of the bus so I headed over there.

"So we have a meet and greet in like two hours and then as soon as it ends we have to go and perform." Ian informed me. A meet and greet? Already? Wow, I guess we're bigger than we thought. Everyone looked excited. The time before the meet and greet went by really fast. Before we knew it, we were heading to the table. There was already a really big line of kids waiting which shocked me. I honestly adore the fans. They mean the world to me and I honestly wish I could meet every single one of them. The first person to meet me was an unhealthily thin girl with scars on her arm. She looked as if she was about to cry.

"W-wow. Hi." She said timidly. I immediately got up and hugged her. She ended up telling us that our band caused her to stop self-harming and starving herself. That hit really close to home. I am currently recovering from self-harm and anorexia.

"I want you to promise me you'll never do that again." I said as I held out my pinky. She pinky promised me that she'd stop and I promised I would too. The rest of the time meeting fans went by extremely fast. Soon enough I was about to have a heart attack because we were about to go on stage. We went over the setlist just as I finished my voice warm ups.

"Okay so we're doing Wake Up, Angel, Sticks And Stones, and then Into The Night?" Ian aked. We all nodded and then high fived before realizing the crowd was chanting "Kill The Lights!" over and over again. My heart began to race as one by one the guys went onstage. Finally it was my turn. As I stepped on the crowd screamed even louder than they did for the others, although I didn't think it was possible.
"What is up Utah?!" I yelled into the microphone. My worries subsided. I knew I was supposed to be here. Soon enough the intro for Wake Up began and I started singing. What sounded like everyone in the crowd began singing along and it sounded beautiful. I then spotted someone familiar and almost died. It was Tony Perry from Pierce The Veil. Tony from PTV watching my band. That just made me want to do even better. I sang my heart out the whole show. Afterwards, I went backstage and checked how I looked on my phone that I had haphazardly left there. I didn't look sweaty and my makeup was still really nice so I wasn't as worried about meeting Tony. I ended up not seeing him so I decided to go and head over to watch Sleeping With Sirens play. Well until I bumped into someone.

"Oh my God I'm sorry!" We both said at once. I looked up to see Tony and had a small heart attack.

"Hey, aren't you Skylar from Kill The Lights?" He asked, excitedly.

"Y-yeah I am!" I responded. His eyes lit up and he smiled a smile that melted me a bit.

"Well I'm a pretty big fan." He admitted.

"I'm a really big fan of yours honestly." I assured.

"Really?"

"Pierce The Veil is my favorite band. I even have one of your songs lyrics on my ribs." I enthused. He looked impressed and ecstatic at the same time.

"Would you mind showing me?" He questioned.

"Not at all!" I replied as I lifted up my shirt until the words 'Can we create something beautiful and destroy it?' showed. He smiled. I then explained to him that his band has saved my life and that I've always wanted to thank him and the rest of the band. He pulled me into a tight hug. I took a somewhat deep breath and all I smelled was heaven. This man smells like how I would imagine Jesus would smell. Of course, I would never tell him that. He offered to take me back to the bus for a bit and of course I couldn't decline. When we got there it was empty. Tony sat me down and we just talked for a while. We talked about life, music, basically everything. Eventually he noticed the scars on my arms.

"Skylar, what are these from?" He asked, although I could tell that he already knew.

"Well I used to self-harm and like starved myself and all.." I began to trail off. Tony put one of his hands over one of mine, looked me in the eyes and said

"I know we just met so I might sound like a weirdo or whatever but I just want you to know that you are beautiful and you don't need to do that to yourself." He stated. I felt myself tear up and he drew me into a hug.

"That was honestly the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me." He blushed a little and smiled. We then left to go buy some food. I think I've found myself a new friend. Later, I watched Pierce The Veil perform and I saw a few other bands and had the best day ever. I ended up meeting the rest of Pierce The Veil and they invited the guys and I to a 'first day of Warped' party. I asked the guys and they were fine with it. Later, I went to get ready. I kept my hair natural, I re-did my makeup, and I put on a nice top with my 'denim vest jacket thing' as Chris likes to call it, a pair of jeans, and my Toms. I took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom to where the guys are waiting for me and we headed out. When we got finally got there, I could already hear the music blaring. We were already told to walk right in so we did. Inside, there were tons and tons of bands and I just kind of stood there in awe. The guys had already gone off and started making friends. Jaime came over and greeted me with a smile and a hello and he whisked me away. I ended up meeting the guys from Of Mice And Men and All Time Low, both bands that I am in love with. I spent most of my night partying with them. Also, throughout the night, Vic would come over to talk to me and also kind of flirt with me which I do not understand. Why would anyone want to flirt with me? Oh well, I'm okay with this anyway. When the night ended, everyone was drunk. Well except me and Alex. We drank a bit but not too much. Neither of us drink much due to childhood memories and things of that nature. When we left, I was exhausted. I immediately got changed and went to bed when I got home. Despite my exhaustion, I was a but surprised that I got to sleep as quickly as I did because I was extremely excited for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys first chapter! I really hope you like it. I'm not sure how I feel about it.. Please leave feedback and suggestions in the comments because it would help out a lot. I also apologize for the chapter being so short, I will try to make the ones to come longer. Thank you for reading!