Status: Hiatus, might be deleted soon.

This is a Wasteland

And When I Come Home, I Want To Be Done

Ahysha

Can I first say that I hate moving with a passion? I mean packing, loading, unloading, unpacking, and starting over. It's already bad enough I'm super anti-social here but to have to start over and be super anti-social there is torture. I hated moving with a passion, mom's a free spirit so she could never stay in one place for longer than 6 months. Which was bad for me because I'd make friend or two then I'll have to leave. We'd keep in touch but it became less and less until it was no more. Now we're moving from Florida to San Diego, ma's home town. SHe never told me what it was that made her leave and she sure never told me why she wants to go back.

"Ahysha! Come meet the neighbors!" I heard my mom, Cindy, yell up the stairs to me. I exited my room and when I finally dragged myself down the stairs and into the living room, the neighbors and my mom was already talking. I decided to just stand at the doorway and watch the room, I wasn't trying to do it in an intimidating manner, but I guess that's how it turned out. Because next thing I know mom is yelling at me to take a seat beside her and I did. Normally I would be determined not to listen to her but considering San Diego is so gorgeous I won't get mad at her for this move. Not yet anyway, I was trying to forgive her slowly, but it was proving difficult.

"Hello sweetheart, my name is Vivan Fuentes and this is my husband Victor Fuentes. These are our two sons Vic and Mike." The mother, Vivian, said to me and pulled me into a hug. I wasn't the touchy type so I was caught by surprised but I caught myself and hugged her back. Next was Mr. Fuentes, who told me repeatedly to call him Victor. who shook my hand and complimented me which I blushed to. And finally Vic and Mike, the latter looking like he was older but the former having this aura about him that made me know he was the eldest.

"Hey," they said in sync both waving at me. I smiled and waved back. Maybe I could make some type of friend by the end of the day.

"Why don't you three go out back and get to know each other?" Mom suggested, and had a smile on her face. The one that said 'I know something you don't' that's the one that always annoyed me the most. I got up and Vic and Mike followed me to the back door that I opened to lead them to the way too big deck that lead to our backyard and just beyond that a beach. The beach lead to my escape, the ocean, I can't wait to be surfing again. That's one thing I couldn't wait to do as soon as I finished packing.

"You never told us your name." Mike said to me. I turned towards him and smiled slightly.

"It's Ahysha." I told them and they nodded. Everything was silent for a while before I started laughing randomly, making them both look at me like I was crazy. Which I wasn't. I was sure of that much.

"What's there to do around here?" I asked them, because I couldn't go surfing until we're unpacked, ma so kindly said to me when we first go here. We both knew when I got into the ocean I wasn't leaving until I was exhausted, which was around one in the morning sometimes, other times three maybe four in the morning. She never had to worry about me doing anything wrong because of my recreation.

"There's surfing, checking out some local bands, sight-seeing. You name it and we possibly got it." Vic told me, smiling. He was smiling so brightly at me I thought I was going to go blind.

I nodded my head and asked another question, "What school do you guys go to?"

"Mission Bay, I'm 17 and a junior and Mike's 16 and a sophomore. What are you?" Vic asked me.

I shrugged, "I'm a junior but I'm also not looking forward to school." I told them, honestly.

"Why?" Ah, we had some pryers. I shrugged.

"Don't like it. It lost it's appeal, as did being a new kid." There was nothing more I hated than being a new kid but I learned how to deal with it and now I'm barely noticed, just the way I like it. My friends at my old school once told me that I looked intimidating that's why nobody talked to me. Actually all my old friends told me this and they talked to me because they worked up the nerve to. I was grateful that they did or else I would be alone. Everybody treated the new kid as a shiny new toy to fight over, but I didn't like it and avoided it at all costs.

3 hours later

"Bye Ahysha!" They yelled to me as they left. Who knew Mike and Vic would provide good enough of a distraction to make me forget what's coming up in several hours? Being new... again. I don't know if I said this already but it lost its appeal and it's annoying to me.

As soon as they left I headed to my room and changed into my board shorts and swim top and grabbed my board and towel. I went through the back door and walked down to the beach not stopping until I got there. I didn't bother leaving a note because ma already knew where I was and if not she'll have a pretty good guess.

I sat my towel down into the sand and went to ocean. I dunked myself to get used to the cool waters and grabbed my board from the shore. I pulled it over to me and got on top of it. I paddled out in the water and waited for the perfect wave. When I found one I took the opportunity and surfed it. I felt like surfing was the only place I could actually be me. Not someone my mother wanted me to be, or this socialite daughter my neighbors thought I was or that the intimidating girl that's not doubt going to be talked about tomorrow morning.

"Do you make it a habit of coming out this late?" A familiar voice asked me when I got back onto shore.

I shrugged, "On occasions." I told Vic.

"What occasion is this?" He asked me curiously.

"Starting at a new school, fresh start and yadda, yadda, yadda." I told him laying back on my towel.

"Really because form what I seen from earlier you don't seem so excited." He told me and I don't have to look at him for me to know he has a skeptical look on his face.

I shrugged again, "I'm not. Got to act like it, I'm stressed out actually." I told him truthfully.

"Why?" He asked, God I hated his thing for monosyllables at times.

"I don't know anybody except you two, I don't know what to wear because every school has different fashion and I don't know what I'm going to do!" I told him, almost on the verge of yelling. Just because I'm anti-social doesn't mean I'm weak and pathetic. He was probably expecting me to breakdown crying, I wasn't going to. I'm basically a solider I haven't cried since my dad. And I sure wasn't going to now.

"It'll be ok, you'll meet more people as the day goes on. As for clothes wear anything it doesn't matter." He told me, and it made me feel slightly better. I didn't people think of me as intimidating, even if that's how I come off to everybody.

"Vic what did you think of me when you first saw me?" I asked him and by the way his breath hitched I could tell he wasn't expecting that question.

"That you were damn well intimidating." He told me, exactly what I feared. "Why?" Damn monosyllables! I shrugged, not answering his question. Maybe if I stopped looking like I wanted to murder somebody... I let my thoughts trail off as I asked what time it was. Hearing it was almost three o'clock I thanked Vic, kissing him on the cheek and yelling a 'see ya later' over my shoulder after I grabbed my board and towel. I made it to my room five minutes later and decided to take a shower in my en suite. I got dressed in my black shorts and blue cami before climbing into bed and falling asleep. 'I hadn't worried since Vic told me not to,' was my last thought before I went into the world of unconsciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
First this is a TEST story, so if I don't get feedback then I won't continue. And second, comment and'or subscribe. Those two things absolutely make my day, no doubt. If you're reading this at 12 in the morning than comment lovely readers!