Status: Hiatus, might be deleted soon.

This is a Wasteland

Therapy Pt.1

*After school*

Ahysha POV

After school, I got into my after making sure Jaime had a ride to his house. I drove downtown to the therapy building. I hated this idea more than anything, the homecoming dance was this weekend and Tony asked me if I would go with him, I told him if he gave me until Wednesday, I’d have an answer. I got to the building with ten minutes to spare. I went inside to see the place is as blue inside as it is outside.

“Hello, I’m here to see Dr. Ash at 4:35.” I told them receptionist and she nodded, typing something on her keyboard.

“I’m going to need you to fill these papers out please,” She said handing me three sheets of paper and a pen before turning back to her computer. I walked to the waiting room and started to filling out the paper that asked questions from personal to medical to general information.

I handed the papers back to the lady before I sat back down in the waiting room, five minutes later a man walked out of the back room and another professional looking man followed him. “Ahysha Penar?” I heard him say and I got up walking towards him. “Hello, just follow me.” He said and led me through the back door and down some halls. We ended up in front of a black door with a sign on it that read Dr. Norman Ash: Therapist. I sighed and followed him inside the room. “Please take a seat.” He said pointing to the chair opposite his desk. Dr. Ash sat behind his desk and folded his arms in front of him on the desk. I sat and looked at him, my gaze unwavering and I heard him sigh before speaking.

“People who show up here have courage galore, perhaps even a tad bit of exasperation. If you don’t mind, I’m going to ask you some questions, and take notes about what you say so I can keep it fresh in my memory. Oh, and feel free to interrupt me at any time or steer the conversation to where you need it to go. In your mind, what brings you here today?” Ah… the famous question, but one that makes people think a lot. What does bring me here? My mom is the immediate answer that pops up in my mind, her and her boyfriend. The fact that she called behind my back and set this appointment up with Dr. Ash, does that even make her mom at this point? She did it for selfish reasons, not the reasons she should’ve had in mind when calling Dr. Ash for me.

“Dr. Ash, I’m quite positive that my mom thinks I need to be here in order to do something this weekend, when I told her no. I’m sure that she needs to be the one here, not me.” I told him honestly and gave a little smile at the end, so he didn’t think I meant to attack him, when I didn’t.

“As I am sure. Please extend on why she thought that you needed to be here.” Dr. Ash said to me and I nodded.

“There’s this dance coming up Saturday for my school. I’ve had a bad experience at a dance one year and it threw me off dances forever. Don’t get me wrong, I would like to attend but I can’t. It’s like some type of wall in my mind, that’s stopping me. Anyway she got a new boyfriend, and he keeps asking why I’m not going and wants to make me go, but it’s not with my thoughts in mind it’s his selfish reasons, and my mom is siding with him when she knows why I won’t… can’t.” I explained to him and he nodded, taking notes on his notepad.

“What year did this bad experience happen, if I may ask.”

“It happened at the 8th grade Sadie Hawkins’ dance. I was just getting use to not having my father around when he died in 5th grade. I was getting use to mom dating again in 6th grade and I was just starting to get into surfing. Surfing was the only thing that’d make me forget about everything, surfing was my therapy… still is.” I told him and he wrote something else down on his notepad, making me wonder what he was writing.

“So far in this session, seeing as we’re about an hour in --” I looked at the clock to see he was right, time flies when you’re venting. We only had another hour left before the session was over for today. “-- How would you describe your mood right now?”

“It’s bad. I don’t like talking about this and I would erase it from my memory if I could. But I can’t so I deal with it and try to forget about it.” I told him honestly and he nodded writing something else down.

“We’re not going to start with the Sadie Hawkins’ dance just yet. We’re going to work our way up and progress to it. We’re going to start with grade 4. I want you to tell me all about grade 4, as much as you remember. Starting with age, location, school and etc. Can you do that?” I nodded and prepared myself to start talking about my 4th grade experience so he can examine it. I didn’t know what grade four had to do with this but I guess he wanted something good before he got the bad and I liked that idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
So since I'm back in school starting today I thought I should treat you to a chapter. Sorry it's short but next one is going into her grade four year and it's going to be kind of long to make up for this shortness. I just wanted to establish the basics of the therapy session and why she's there, besides this is a part one, next chapter is the part two to this chapter.