Status: Hiatus, might be deleted soon.

This is a Wasteland

Sharing a Room With Jaime

Tony POV

“Her voice is fucking perfect!” Jaime said to us, when I walked back down to Vic and Mike’s basement, otherwise known as our band practice space. We all nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, she is. Maybe we’ll have her sing with us, in a gig? She could do a cover song?” Vic said, because even though we never listened to Blink a lot, she did an awesome job of the song.

“I second that!” Mike yelled.

“Me three!” Jaime said.

“Me four! Hey why am I number four?” I asked.

“Because you’re the slowest duh, Tone.” Jaime said, with a smile on his face to let me know he was joking around with me.

I shrugged, “It isn’t my fault.” I told him before going to pack my stuff up. It was already late and I didn’t have a ride home and neither did Jaime since Vic and Mike’s curfew was in 20 minutes. “Hey Mike, would mama Fuentes be ok with me staying here tonight?” I asked him.

“Yeah me too?” Jaime said coming up behind me.

Mike nodded, “She should be. I’ll ask, besides it’s not like we could drive both of you guys to your house and get back here in time for curfew.” Mike said to us. We both nodded in agreement. Mike went upstairs to talk to him mom and came down five minutes later to tell us she said yes. “She said Jaime and you have to sleep in the same room, because every time Jaime has the other guest room it’s always dirty.” Mike said to us. I nodded.

“Of course it is. Good thing I have spare clothes over here, for things like this.” I mumbled the last part to myself before walking up to the guest room that Jaime and I were sharing. Jaime was still downstairs talking to Mike, more like arguing. I wasn’t in the mood to hear them argue, so I got ready for bed. A couple of minutes later I heard the door open and in walked Jaime. “Hey Jamie.”

“Hey Tony. So is it true?” Jaime asked me while he looked for the pair of shorts that he had left over here all the time since the beginning of time. I knew where they were at but I wasn’t going to share that piece if information with him, it was fun watching him get stressed out trying to find them. This happened every time we came over and they were always in the same spot, but Jaime never realized that, I doubt he ever will… until later when he finds out I also knew where they were.

“Is what true?” I asked Jaime, because even for himself, cryptic isn’t part of the ingredient to his personality.

“That you like Ahysha? I knew you and her were on the steps when we were waiting for you two.” Jaime said to me and I had to stop and think about it. Did I really like Ahysha or was she just a distraction until I found someone better? Am I using her, just like Natalie used me? Or is she a rebound to pick up the pieces Natalie left me in when she left me for a boy she cheated on me more than once with. I knew she cheated but I took her back every time, she threw on the big baby eyes, widening them and showing the hazel color I’ve grown to love and be comfortable with. She was the only girl I was comfortable with and even though the guys warned me I didn’t listen to them. But when she broke up with me and I told them about the cheating, never once did they leave me in the dust, or say ‘I told you so’ and I love them for that.

I nodded, “Yeah man. I never felt this way this fast for somebody I just met but I’m going to wait awhile before I say anything. I want her to be comfortable with me and know me way more than she does now.” I told Jaime, telling the truth.

Jaime nodded, “You’re basically friend-zoning yourself.”

“I know, but I’m going to end up out of it, if she likes me like I like her.” I told him, feeling confident that I was going to be with her eventually, which is better than never.

“I know, my little Tone-Tone is growing up!” Jaime said, letting out a fake sob before finally finding the shorts.

I rolled my eyes and lay down. “Hurry up Jaime! I’m cold and sleepy.”

He nodded and changed into his shorts before throwing his shirt with the rest of his stuff. He took out the spare phone charger and plugged his phone up to it. “Move over Turtle. I’m way bigger than you.” I laughed silently, and scooted closer to the edge of the bed that was closer to me. If I moved over anymore I was in serious danger of rolling over and falling off the bed, which I’m sure Jaime would’ve minded.

“Hey Jaime?” I called to him.

“Yeah?” He answered sounding sleepy.

“Move your fat-ass over!” I said before I pushed him off the bed. He let out a girlish scream, which had me laughing until I felt like I couldn’t breathe anymore.

“Not funny Turtle! What the hell was that for?” Jaime said getting up before getting back in the bed.

“You were taking up the whole bed.” I told before rolling over to my side and closing my eyes. “Night Jaime.” I said and the last thing I heard before falling asleep was a good night for Jaime.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter showed their band relationship, aww! My finals were officially over today so I figured 'why not update?' Anywhore... it's currently 10:23 as I type this up and I think this chapter could've been better. I'm going to do maybe a month time-skip... I don't know quite yet if I want too.