Wonderlandian History

Red Ages

There's a great confusion striving from the depths of the royal family's lineage that has caused great controversy among Wonderlandian historians of this and previous eras. Said confusion derives from the similarities of character between our first queen, The Queen of the House of Hearts, and our third Queen from the House of Red.

Despite similar choleric personalities, it is important to denote that the Almanac of Dictator Queens and Kings, long lost in the vaults of our Wonderlandian Library, does list both queens as different historic characters in Wonderland's Royal Family lineage. Historians who have opposed this historical fact claim that both queens are the same character and ruled from the Time period of 1569 to 1635; this on the basis that they shared similar tastes regarding the royal color and an autocratic governing style, aside from having a very similar anger-based personalities that took the queendom to the Red Ages of our history. These historians then accept that the Red Ages were followed by the period ruled by our Queen of the House of White, who obliterated the Red Ages by providing the queendom with a republic.

The Wonderlandian Almanac of Dictator Queens and Kings denotes extensively that the Red Ages started upon the Queen of the House of Hearts claimed the throne leaving the King of Hearts as a mere puppet to orchestrate her rising into the power and the birth of an autocratic government. After this Red period, a period of Whiteness interrupted the 56 years of Heartdom as the Queen of the House of White took over her second cousin's throne and, ironically, beheaded the choleric woman herself, which later derives in a weakness of mind in our White Queen; this event is taken advantage off by the Queen of Red, half-sister to the Queen of White, rising to what it's considered the second part of the Red Ages.

Furthermore, it is important to denote that, although both Queendoms based their ruling as an autocratic and totalitarian one, the Queen of Hearts controlled her subjects through the physical threat of beheading upon disobedience; whereas the Queen of Red chose more of a psychological threat derived in mimicking the colors of her beheading predecessor and the memory of the past, founding fear on her subjects by simply reminded them of the past tyranny.

Thus, in conclusion, both queens, despite the very similar characteristics that they both shared in the form of queendom they exerted, their personalities, and the royal colors, history shows that both of these queens were two distinct ones and whose queendom became interrupted after 67 years of Whiteness.