Status: On going.... very very slowly

Why Do You Think

Chapter 7

Getting away from Jaime is not an easy task; once he has gotten attached to you, there is no getting rid of him, but somehow, unknown to me, I had managed to shake him off for a few minutes. I wouldn't say that I hated him and that I always wanted to get away from him, but there is just so much Jaime a person can take.

Most of the time he would brighten my day, make everything seem better than it is with his carefree and childish attitude, but some days he sits right on my nerves just asking to be punched. In some situations it can be taken literally.
On most cases I try to remember that it is not entirely his fault the way he is, but on occasions it almost feels that he just knows what ticks me off most and uses his disability to his advantage.

When I heard the little ding I knew I had no choice but to crawl out of my hiding spot. Well, it wasn't really a hiding spot, but Jaime just never seemed to check his own bedroom.

"Tony! I wondered where you went!" I heard him shout, and could instantly see him charging towards me. I shut my eyes and waited for the impact of his body colliding with mine, but that never came, instead I could feel my arm being tugged harshly towards the line.

If I had to be honest, I believed that we got our meds far too often, but that's maybe because we are a special case. That's what all the nurses say, but that's just one way of saying that we are exceptionally retarded.

One thing that was positive about getting our meds was that everyone just calmed down and seemed relatively normal for at least a short amount of time, and in that period of time it feels less of a loony bin and more normal. As normal that we can get, that is.

As I didn't want to return back to my room just yet, knowing that Jaime would be following close behind, I stayed where everyone else chilled at this time. I observed everyone as I usually did from my spot which is more or less in the corner of the room.

I watched as Frank and Gerard sat in their usual spot on the couch, and Austin and Alan looked like they were literally attached hip by hip. I watched the few nurses look like they wanted to be anywhere but here, their faces full of judgement when they thought no one was looking.
My eyes drifted on to the Fuentes brothers; it was rare to see them out of their rooms unless they had to leave.

I couldn't help but stare at how sunken Vic's eyes were, and how coated with worry his brothers face was. The sight truly made me feel that me being here was pathetic, that my problem was nothing compared to theirs and everyone else's.

If I were to stare any longer, it would be for sure that someone would notice, so I let myself look at Oli, and Kellin, who's name I still have trouble remembering, but it has only been an hour or so since I first heard it, so I think I'm doing good.

I observed him, and his movements closely; he looked unnaturally skinny even when his skin is covered by baggy clothes, or more like just a baggy jumper, apart from that, he was wearing skinny jeans which showed exactly how bony his legs were.

I took notice of how his eyes would often dart towards the two brothers, but I couldn't really blame him because anyone would stare at them if they had the chance.

---- Jaime's POV ----

I need to find new ways of attracting Tony's attention towards me; I could feel that I was losing more and more of his attention every day, and it was just killing me inside. All he should focus on is me, he doesn't need anyone else.

But that table does look shiny, I wonder how it got like that, was it polished this morning? And what about the windows, they don't look too clean, but then again, how would the cleaners get to it? It was protected by bars, I wonder why they put them on here, its not like anyone would attempt to jump out of them or anything, but I do want to go outside...

When do the cleaners even get here though? I never see them around here, and who even are the cleaners? I know they exist because who else cleans up our messes? But I never see them, like ever.

What is Tony looking at? Its Oli and that new guy, what's his name again... Kellin was it? Not that I really care, Tony is my one and only. It will stay like that forever.

"Tony, what are you doing?"
"Just the usual"

"Do you wanna play charades, or scrabble?"
"We played charades yesterday, so scrabble"

"Ok, I'll get it"
I like scrabble, it never gets boring! There is just so many words you can come up with, and Tony seems to win most of the time, though sometimes I feel that he is just letting me win from time to time.

I set it up by dragging a small table over to where he was sitting and laying it out. We played this often, it was one of the many other games we played in the evening. We started monopoly once, but never finished. I'd like to finish it one day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so from here on my main focus will be Vic and Kellin, or at least I will try...
Jaime was a bit difficult to write, but I hope I managed to do a good job

And yeah, hope you enjoyed, and if not, let me know :)