My Name's Alex, Baby

Introduction

The beginning chords of You Me at Six's My Head's a Prison and Nobody Visits makes its way to me from the TV across the room as I lay sprawled on the couch situated in the middle of my living room. Being home alone during the summer because your parents are at work and your siblings moved out long ago is never any fun, and when you also don't have any friends (like, at all), going out isn't very well an option either.

As the song begins to dull, fade into a gentle lull, there's a resounding knock on the front door. I jump slightly, which ends with me landing face first on the floor squished between the couch and the much-heavier-than-it-looks coffee table.

After successfully struggling to my feet, there's another knock out front. I reach for the remote to turn down the volume of the TV, and as I do so, I catch a glimpse of my body. I'm still only wearing a pair of boxers. I hadn't been expecting company, to say the least, and what's the point of getting dressed if you wake up and spend the whole day completely alone?

"Hold on, like, two minutes," I call before the person out front can knock again or start getting annoyed—if they aren't already, that is. With that, I sprint up to my room in near record time, bursting into the proclaimed danger zone and beginning the search for clothes.

Finding a pair of jeans takes me a few minutes, and the first shirt I find is my black and red boner one. The shirt I save for special occasions, such as meeting people. Excellent.

I yank the article of clothing over my head as I rush back downstairs. When I reach the front door, I take a moment to catch my breath and steady my erratic heartbeat—I'm out of shape, what can I say?—as I slowly move to grasp the door handle.

I fling the door open and am immediately faced with an insanely sexy guy whom I've never met and can't be too much older than myself.

He's got on a tight white shirt, the sleeves red and coming down to his elbows, clinging to his body in all the right ways. His black jeans accentuate everything I can see quite nicely, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the odds of him having a gorgeous ass are through the fucking roof. His blonde hair is covered by a grey beanie, which sits perfectly on top of his head.

I'm so into checking this guy out that I don't even notice him looking me over as well. Our eyes finally meet, and I nearly melt on the spot. His dark caramel irises are bright and full of life. I'm pretty sure his pupils even dilate just the slightest. Why is he here, of all places? He's probably lost and looking for directions, that's it.

He smiles, though, showing off a set of dimples and oh dear lord, help me, I've fallen and I can't get up. He goes to open his mouth, and I hold up my hand to stop him in his tracks. I know exactly why he's here.

He closes his mouth obediently and raises a bushy eyebrow at me, lips pursing in a silent inquiry.

"I don't want any, and I haven't heard the good news, but you can just turn yourself around and walk away," I say as I lean into the door frame and cross my arms over my chest, nodding my head towards the walkway that so very obviously leads away from the house.

"I don't... You... What?" he asks, his face twisting into an adorable pout, as though he doesn't understand that I know why he's here. Don't even get me started on his damn voice.

"You're not trying to sell me something? Or tell me the good news?" I push, my face now mirroring his.

"No, I... Well, if you want good news, Fall Out Boy is back. Then again, My Chemical Romance is done with, so I guess it's kind of neutral news at this point," he says with a shrug.

"Why are you here, exactly?" I question, starting to feel a little wary about the sexy boy standing on my front porch, talking to me about good music. Sort of.

His face flushes slightly but he smiles widely all the same, saying, "Oh, I just moved down the road, and I saw you the other day, and you were wearing a Green Day shirt, so I figured I'd come and try to make a new friend, if that's okay? And you're really cute, so I was hoping to get a number in the end," he said as he bit his lip seductively, winking up at me.

I felt myself blush as I stuttered out an, "I never said I was gay."

"You never said you weren't," he pointed out with a casual shrug, smiling at me again.

He did kind of have me there. Either way, I am gay, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

"So what'dya say? Wanna talk about bands with me, cutie?" he asks hopefully, to which I sigh in defeat and move from the door, gesturing for him to follow behind.

I close the door and lead him into the living room, where my mix CD is still playing in the DVD player. Now it's Pierce the Veil instead of You Me at Six. Besitos, to be exact.

"Oh, I love this part!" the sexy boy, whose name I've yet to learn, shouts. "A diamond bullet and a gun made of gold, she was covered in blood last seen in San Francisco!" he sings along as he shakes his hips in front of me, easily overpowering the quietly playing music.

I was right, his ass is amazing.

He turns and grins at me before his face falls, his eyebrows scrunching together in confusion. "You okay there, cutie?" he inquires, taking a few timid steps closer.

I hadn't realized I'd even been staring, or that my jaw had more or less fallen through the floor completely.

"What? Yeah, I just, wow, that was amazing," I blurt before I can even stop myself or think of a more articulate statement.

"Ya think so?" he ponders flirtatiously, biting his lip yet again.

"Of course... uh..." I mumbled, trying to think back and recall if he ever told me his name or not. "I can't remember your name?"

"I didn't tell you it, cutie, and I'm not going to. Not yet, at least. Come on, talk to me about bands," he said, reaching out to link our hands and pull me down onto the couch.

"What am I supposed to call you then?" I inquire, to which he shrugs.

"Whatever you want, cutie."

Besitos ends and Blink-182 starts up next with Dick Lips.

His eyes widen as he shouts, "You listen to Blink?"

I jump a bit in my seat and nod, feeling slightly self conscious.

"What other bands do you listen to?" he pushes, scooting closer to me, his eyes full of wonder.

"Uh..." I start, suddenly forgetting every band I've ever had interest in, ever. "Blink and Pierce the Veil, obviously. Uh... New Found Glory, Yellowcard and Green Day... You Me at Six, Fall Out Boy, My Chem and Simple Plan, are just a few."

"I think I just fell in love," he muses, smirking at me.

"You don't even know my name," I point out, earning a playful eye roll in return.

"Even if I did, I'd only call you cutie. Hey, maybe I'll switch to baby, if you don't mind," he replied with a wink.

This boy is going to be the fucking death of me.

"No, I, uh... I don't mind," I say in response, only slightly stumbling over my words.

"So tell me, baby, you gotta boyfriend?" I shake my head no as an answer and his grin grows impossibly more before he stops. "You are gay, though, right? Bisexual, at the very least?"

"Yeah, gay," I tell him with a nod of my head and he slides yet another few inches closer.

"So, baby, tell me about yourself."

------

I spent the day talking and lazing around with the boy, who I'd simply started referring to as 'gorgeous'.

The hours flew by without either of us realizing, and I hadn't even noticed my parents enter the house once they'd gotten home from work. Gorgeous sang for me a few times, and it never failed to amaze me how someone could be so, well, perfect.

His voice, his looks, his personality, his taste in music. There is not a single flaw—not one that I can point out, at least—and it's like we were quite literally made for each other.

I glance at the clock hanging above the TV, only to be brought back to reality by the hands indicating that it is now nearly eleven. Looking outside, I can see how dark it is. Gorgeous' eyes follow mine and when I turn to face him again, he pouts slightly.

"I should probably be going now, baby," he says with a low sigh from the opposite side of the couch, heaving himself to his feet.

I get up with him and lead him to the door. We stand there, awkward and parallel, for a few moments before he leans in to press his lips to my cheek.

"Thanks for today, baby. I'll see you around," he says softly as he reaches out to open the door. He slips outside as I stand frozen in my spot.

I come to with a start and rush outside, shouting, "Jack!" at his retreating figure.

"What?" he calls back with an audible laugh from where he's stopped to turn around and face me again.

"My name's Jack," I yell, his grin only becoming that little bit more visible in the dark and distance.

I can barely make out him winking as he calls back, "My name's Alex, baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
so hi
what'dya think so farrr?
i have lots of ideas for these prompts omg i'm so excite.
so yeah sub and rec and comment and i'll love you forever.
kthankbye.