Undisclosed Desires

My body was in turmoil - changing, dying.

My mind felt foggy as I opened my eyelids. I felt restrained. Looking around, I saw 6 vampires conversing – they hadn’t noticed that I was awake. I recognized Odysseus, and the boy that had tried to spare me my life.
“Why don’t we just kill her Odysseus? She’s one of them. And she’s the strongest. She could wipe out our whole coven” a girl with fiery red hair murmured.
“Because she will be of use to us” Odysseus replied in his grand voice.
“But she could turn on us” a male leech chimed in this time.
“Come on Odysseus, just let her go. What’s the worst she’ll do? She doesn’t belong here. She’s not one of us. And if we kill her, what will that achieve? Send her back with a warning for others – she’ll stop them from hunting us. We can end this without fighting and loosing more of our own. It’s bad enough that we’ve lost half the coven” the boy spoke this time.
They looked to Odysseus, who was quiet. He was looking at me.

Instinctively, the other 5 vampires turned to face me, and noticed that I was awake.
“How do you feel?” Odysseus asked.
“Honestly? I’ve been better. It’s not everyday you wake up and want to rip out your own eyes because you’ve seen 6 vampires. No offence but you’re not the most attractive bunch” I replied sarcastically. Odysseus smiled.
“So even though you’re surrounded by 6 vampires that could rip you apart limb by limb, you’re not frightened?” he asked quizzically.
“Well considering the fact that you probably won’t let them touch me, no, I’m not frightened” I responded knowingly. Odysseus smiled again.
“This one is intelligent. I can see why you’re the leader. Now you can be one of us” he replied, advancing slowly towards me.

My heart constricted as my brain flew into a frenzy, trying to think of escape tactics.
“My warriors. Where are my warriors?” I asked, trying to keep the conversation going. Odysseus halted.
“I don’t have time for questions” he began slowly.
“If you’re going to make me into a parasite like you, don’t you think I at least deserve answers? At least before I die? Technically” I responded, my heart thudding in my ears and drowning out my ability to think of escape plans.
“…They’re dead” he remarked simply.

It felt like he’d whacked me with a tree trunk. I stared at my lap as I considered what this meant. My warriors… ten good people with families and lives – all dead. Rowena, Helene, Florence, Floyd, Blake, Charlotte, Margret, Johanna, Michael, Joseph… they were all dead. Murdered. Sucked dry by the vermin that stood before me.
“Now let’s begin” Odysseus interrupted my thoughts, coming closer to me again, his lips pulling back to reveal shiny, white fangs.
“What’s your plan?” I blurted emotionally. I had to keep him talking. I needed more time. I had not come this far to become a bloody vampire. No pun intended.
“I mean after I’m a vampire” I extended, my mind feeling sick and dizzy from thinking so hard. I came up blank. There was no escape plan. “What do you plan to do with me?” I asked, somewhat hysterical.

Odysseus smiled.
“You will help me rule the vampire kingdom. You’re strong, intelligent, quick witted. You will serve me well”
“In your dirty, nasty, filthy dreams. I will never serve you. You can turn me into a vampire, but I will just be strong enough to kill you. You will never make me bow down to you” I spat. Odysseus smiled
“You’ll change your mind” he responded, before grabbing my head and pushing it to the side to expose my neck.
No, no, no. I had to get out.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the billboard/model-esque boy watching me. He held a steely glare, but there was something else hidden deep in those eyes. Worry.

I didn't have much to contemplate after that, because all I felt was the piercing of my skin. It was all I could do to not cry out in undeniable, anguishing pain. I had felt my skin being cut before – I’d felt blood oozing out. But this was different. I’d never felt a vampire’s fangs sink deep into my vein, and drawing the blood out manually. My head felt dizzy and cloudy as the pain overwhelmed me. I felt like I would explode, like it was so excruciating that I could only hold on for a few more seconds. I could feel the life drain out of me.

“That’s enough!” the boy called, suddenly taking a step forward. Everyone turned to stare at him, and Odysseus stopped drinking from me. Slowly he pulled away from me, before turning to look at my face.
“I believe you’re right, Flynn. She does seem rather drained. Ah well, you can sleep it off. Now, let’s finish this” Odysseus exclaimed, before biting his wrist and pressing the dripping vein on his wrist against my mouth. I felt horrified, shocked, mortified, and I tried to pull my face away. “Don’t be stubborn, child” Odysseus responded, before holding my head in place as he let his blood flow into my mouth. I tried not to swallow, but ended up choking, and the liquid slid down my throat. “Tomorrow, we will have a celebration. A welcoming, for our newest member. Emerson – take her up to one of the chambers. Let her rest tonight and complete the transformation” Odysseus ordered, before swiftly exiting the room.

My body felt weak, as I sagged against the chair I was tied to. Emerson ripped through the ropes binding me, and carried me upstairs quickly. I wanted to stake him through his cold-blooded heart right now, but I didn’t have enough energy. He threw me on the bed, before leaving quickly. My eyes felt heavy, as I felt my body in turmoil – changing, dying. I gasped for a last breath of air, before my eyelids shut and I fell into a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
CHAPTER 4 EXTRACT:

"Before afternoon, I had devised a plan to help me escape and avenge some of my warriors alongside it."

Sh*t goes down in chapter 4. Subscribe to be notified when I post chapter 4 :)