Status: Updates every Wednesday & Saturday.

Don't Go

Preface

She stood at the edge, watching people walk to where their lives led them. Tears blurred her vision. It always happened. I couldn't trust anyone. She knew if she slipped, she wouldn't care. She didn't care about anything anymore.

Victoria looked all around her. The buildings were high and the wind blew hard. She suddenly felt cold. The building she stood on was where they shared their first kiss… And this is will be where it all ends. Her heart broke inside at the thought of it. More warm tears pooled at her eyes. One step and it would be over. One step and there would be no more hurt. One step and -

"Vicky," Oli's voice broke her thoughts.

She didn't move, still staring at the people below.

"Wha' are yeh doin'?" He was closer this time. "How do yeh fink Tom will feel?"

Victoria's eyes snapped to him, her voice breaking as she spoke. "He wouldn't care! I saw him, Oli. I saw him with… with another girl."

His eyes softened. He grabbed her hand gently. pulling her away from the edge. He brought her to his chest, holding whilst she cried. Her fingers dug into his back. Oli rubbed her back, tears racking her body. He kissed her forehead.

"How'd you find me?" She finally asked.

Oli shrugged. "Followed yeh since yeh left tha flat."

"Thank you," she whispered.

She could feel her tears sticking onto his shirt. Victoria clung to him as if he were her life line. Maybe, he was.

"I want to go home, Oli."

"Alrigh'," he said. "Come on, then. Tha car's waitin'."

She shook her head. "No, I want to go home."

Oli's eyes fell to hers. "Home? Back ta America? Don't do that, love. Tom doesn't know wha' he's missin'. We'll get yeh a nice flat; for yehself. Just don't go."
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this story. I know I should finish the others, but this came to mind a while back. And, I barely started writing this today. It feels good to be confident with what you have. :)