Status: Updates every Wednesday & Saturday.

Don't Go

Oliver

"I see tha way yeh look at her," Oli said.

The car ride so far was quiet. It was just Oli and Tom.

"Wha' are yeh talking about?" his little brother asked.

Oli snorted. "Vicky. Victoria. I see tha way yeh look at her. She's a beauty, that one. Too quiet, though. Gonna ask her to model again."

Tom shook his head and gave a bitter laugh. "Just cause I look at a bird, doesn't mean I want her. Yeah, she's cute. And, quit embarrassin' her."

Oli rolled his eyes. There really was no getting through to him. Tom fumbled with his camera, making Oli want to chuck it out of the window. His hands tightened against the steering wheel for a moment, before relaxing.

"I saw yeh talkin' ta her last night," Oli started. "She'll be good for yeh."

"We just talked," Tom sighed. "I don't want her, Oli. She's just… nice."

Oli shook his head. "Yeah, right."

Oli stopped the car once they reached the town center. It wasn't much really. A coffee shop was around the corner, a few shops lined the streets and there was a few food joints around. Oli stepped out the car and waited for Tom to get out before locking it. The two men looked around, searching for the others. Oliver found them across the street. He noticed Matty's arms were around Victoria's waist. It was obvious how uncomfortable she was, but she didn't say anything. She never said anything. Oli and Tom met up with them. Oli kept an eye on Tom, to see what his reaction would be.

Tom looked at Matty's arms around Victoria's waist. He tensed a bit, jaw clenching. But that's all he did. He didn't say anything. He didn't as much look at Victoria after that. Oli stared at his brother. He could be wrong about him wanting Victoria. But, he couldn't just drop it.

"Vicky," Oli pulled her out of Matty's arms. "Yeh might hate me for this, but why won't yeh model for Drop Dead? Yeh are a beautiful girl."

Victoria blushed as she spoke. "Because, it's not me."

"Then wha'? Wha' would yeh like ta do? I don't just want ta leave yeh all by yehself."

"I won't be by myself." She crossed her arms, taking a step back. "And, I don't know what I want to do. I can work in the coffee shop or something."

Matty laughed. "Yeh want a borin' life? Come on, love. It'll be fun!"

Victoria rolled her eyes. Oli knew he shouldn't be prodding, but he wanted to know.

"It's not tha' bad, Vicky," he laughed as he pulled her along. "All yeh gotta do is smile and pose. Yeh don't even have ta smile sometimes!"

"Just leave her be," Tom grumbled.

"Wha'? Why?" Oli looked at him.

Tom shook his head. That wasn't something Oli wanted to put aside. He let go of Vicky and let the rest of the group keep walking. He pulled Tom over.

"Why are yeh actin' like this? Yeh actin' like a child." Oli narrowed his eyes.

Tom messed with his hair. "Because, she's beautiful. She's in my head. And, I don't want to see her anymore than I have to."

He yelled the last of it, causing people to stop and turn. Oli looked back and saw the group standing not too far away. Victoria looked down, then turned away. She didn't stop when Matty and Lee called after her. Matty turned and shot a glare at Tom before running off after Victoria.

"Wha's up yeh ass?" Lee said when he and Matt got closer.

"Yeah," Matt shook his head. "Yeh are one sorry idiot."

Tom rolled his blue eyes. "No, I'm not. I don't want ta see her. Okay? I just wanna get back to my normal life."

Oli ran a hand through his brown mop of hair. "No one's stoppin' yeh, Tom."

With that, he pulled out his phone and called Matty. His friend didn't answer. Oli sighed and turned to his friends. Matt and Lee were watching Tom, who seemed to be out of it. That's how he's been for a few weeks. And, he says he doesn’t need any help. He says there's nothing wrong with him. But, there is. Oli knew there was something wrong. He knew Tom was in denial. Of what, Oli didn't know.

"Come on," Oli looked at his phone again. "We should try and look for them. Tom, stay here in case they come back."

Tom opened his mouth to object, but Oli turned around so he didn't have to listen to it. He walked a few feet away, trying to remember which way the two went. He was going to make a right, but his phone rang. He checked the screen and sighed in relief.

"Matty," Oli answered his phone. "Where tha hell are yeh?"

"At The Hut," Matty said on the other line. "Tha hell was tha'? Wiff Tom? He's acting even more stupid. Vicky's a nice lil' bird."

"I don't know," Oli rubbed his eyes, suddenly tired. "Is she wiff yeh?"

Matty sighed. "Yeah. She's in tha loo. Been in there for a while, too."

Oli nodded, soon realizing Matty was on the phone, unable to see this gesture. "We'll be there soon. Order somefing for was ta eat. Alrigh'?"

"Yeah, see yeh."

Oli ended the call. He knew something was wrong, out of place - other than the fact Victoria had run off. There was something bothering Matty. Putting the phone into his pocket, he set his eyes on Tom again. He looked uncomfortable. Matt inclined his head toward Oli.

"Are we gonna look for them or wha'?" Matt asked.

Oli shook his head. "No. Matty called. They're at The Hut."

Lee raised his voice, looking back at Tom. "Tom, we're goin' ta The Hut."

Tom looked at the trio with sad eyes. He nodded slowly before shuffling over. The men walked quickly to the small vegan restaurant. This was the only vegan restaurant within half an hour. Oli loved the place. It was small and homey. When he reached the door, he saw Vicky and Matty sitting next to each other. Matty had his arm across her shoulders.

"Hey," he greeted, removing his arm.

Matty gave Victoria a sad, longing look. Oli rose a brow as he sat down. He looked between the two, sensing they had this newfound bond. Matt and Lee sat at the next table over with Tom.

"Sorry for running off." Victoria played with her fingers. "I wasn't feeling well."

The men nodded, not wanting to push it. It was obvious Victoria was a sensitive person. How she became this way, Oli wanted to know. Maybe, it has something to do with the scars on her wrists. They were fading, but he had a feeling she began cutting elsewhere. It made him afraid for her. What if one day she went too deep? What if she didn't care? Oli wanted to help her, but didn't know how. It made Oli feel useless.

The restaurant played Reggae quietly in the background, the cook singing along. The men were talking about the comic store down the road when the food finally came. Matty made a face at the veggie burger, but he thanked the waiter.

"How do yeh eat this, Oli?" Matty snacked on a fry. "Yeh too, Matt. I should've gotten myself a salad. Smart thinkin' Vicky."

"I'm vegetarian," Vicky looked at him. "What? It's easy. I've been one for 2 years now. But, vegan? Tried that for a month. I ended up drinking milk."

She made a face at him and ate some of her salad. Matty's mouth hung open. Oli laughed and stuck a fry into Matty's mouth.

"Our friendship is a lie," Matty said. "I bet yeh ain't a lady. I bet yeh actually a man. Yeh tricksta."

Vicky rolled her eyes. "Get over it. I haven't lied about anything. And, I'm a woman."

"I see yeh two are tha best of friends," Matt laughed.

Oli noticed that, too. They were closer than before. Something happened when they were gone. Victoria didn't flinch at Matty's touch. Oli took a quick glance at Tom. He was sitting as far away as he could from Victoria, without looking suspicious. His blue eyes were on Victoria. When he noticed Oli looking, he looked at his sandwich. Oli pursed his lips. Something was definitely up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't even know if there is a vegan place called The Hut. But, it sounded nice. I hope you all liked this. :)