Status: Updates every Wednesday & Saturday.

Don't Go

Oliver

Oli glared at the back of his brother's head. That stupid inconsiderate idiot… Feeling the heated look, Tom turned to face him. Oli took a chance to look at Victoria. She could deny her feelings all she wanted, but Oli saw. He could see the way they looked at each other. They both looked like shit, but when their eyes were on each other, their eyes brightened. Oli would give anything to have that. But, not the pain they were putting each other through. It was stupid.

"Why are yeh lookin' at him like tha'?"

Oli forgot about the girl Tom had brought. His hazel eyes flickered to her. Tall, blonde, brown eyed, and skimpy. She reminded him of an ex Tom had a long time ago. It made Oli sick.

"No reason," Oli rubbed his eyes. "Did yeh bring my bag?"

Tom nodded. "Uh, yeah. So, how's Vicky doin'?"

"Great."

He grabbed the bag from Tom's grasp. He needed to be away from Tom for a while. He was rubbing him the wrong way and Oli couldn't stand it anymore. He couldn't just tell his younger brother to leave. So, Oli was going to spend his weekend with Matty. And, possibly Victoria. At the thought of her, his eyes tried locating her. He couldn't find her. The corners of his lips turned downward. Where could she have gone?

"Well, goddamn, Vicky. Put yeh ass away," he heard Matty laugh loudly.

He turned to Matty's voice. Oli smiled as Victoria told him to shut his mouth. She kept pulling at the hem, trying to bring it down. The dress was tight, showing off her body. Victoria finally gave up, probably feeling there was no way to pull it down.

"Wow," the girl breathed. "She's so pretty."

Oliver turned around to face the couple. Her eyes were casted upwards to Tom's. It was as if she wanted Tom to tell her Victoria wasn't pretty - that she was. Tom paid her no mind, eyes on Victoria. The girl elbowed Tom.

"Wha'? Sorry, Lily," he muttered.

Lilly rolled her eyes and stomped to Tom's car. He looked after her sadly. Tom was a sad piece of shit. He couldn't even keep a girl around without making her angry or embarrassed. Oli knew that this Lily girl was nothing. All she was to Tom was a rebound. He couldn't get the blue-eyed beauty, so he went to second best. Well, he went to the first bird he saw.

"Yeh stupid, Tom," Oliver sighed. "Tha hell you bring her here for?"

Anger flashed in his brother's eyes. "I didn't want ta leave her."

"Just go," Oli stepped around his brother.

Tom's hand shot out, stopping him. "I'm sorry. Yeh don't understand. I -"

"Yeh right. I don't understand. I don't want ta. Yeh might not see it, but yeh hurtin' Vicky."

Oliver watched as Tom's eyes shot to Victoria. His face tightened as though he was hurting. Oli knew better. Oli knew Tom was going to do whatever he had to so he could get Victoria out of his mind. Like, having sex with the blonde. He was never like this. Melissa hurt him so bad. Oli was grateful he didn't have that problem. He pulled his arm out of Tom's hold and went to Elijah. Elijah snapped quick photos of Victoria as she laughed. It looked as though she was having fun.

"I need a grit," Victoria said as Elijah told her she could take a break.

Matty threw her purse at her. She caught it, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. She lit her cancer stick and took a deep drag.

"Cigarettes are bad for yeh health," Oli smiled. "Kills yeh slowly."

She shrugged. "Maybe, I want to die slowly."

He scowled, but the smile she bore made him smile. It was as rare a sight as her eyes on a person was. She was always looking down. Or, she was looking through things. The girl was always thinking. Oli's eyes glanced at her wrists wanting to know why she did that. He wouldn't think of her differently. He just wanted to try to understand. Tom told him everything. Told him, Victoria was raped and beat. That she used to be so alone. The kiss they shared. How shattered Tom was afterwards.

"You told me modeling was easy," Victoria picked at her dress. "Smiling and posing is not easy."

Matty rose a brow. "Yeh just stand there."

"It's boring."

The two men laughed causing Victoria to roll her eyes. She really needed to stop doing that. She eyed his bag suspiciously.

"I'm goin' ta hang out wiff Matty this weekend," Oli answered her look. "Yeh can only handle so much of Tom."

Matty nodded. "We'll be tha three musketeers or somefing."

She smiled. "Or 'somefing.'"

Oliver laughed as the two teased each other. Victoria finished her cigarette, putting it out on a log and placing it in an empty water bottle. Matty and Victoria were best friends. It was freaky how they knew each other so well. Oli wish he had something as great as that. Oli sighed. He should stop wishing. It wasn't going to help him any.

"What will we do this weekend?" Victoria asked.

"Get stoned!" Matty yelled. "Get fucked up!"

Victoria shook her head. "No."

"Live a lil'," he gripped her waist. "I'll teach yeh how to drive here."

"Yeh don't know how ta drive?" Oli's interest perked.

"I know how to drive! I just can't drive on the opposite side. It's hard."

"We'll teach yeh," he promised.

He didn't know why he wanted to help her with driving. Maybe, it was so she would forget about her life in America. He wanted Victoria to stay. In the short time he knew her, she dug herself into his brain. She was like a sister Oli never had. Victoria sighed when Elijah called her back. She went, but not after cursing under her breath.

"Do yeh like her?" Oli glanced at Matty.

His friend shook his head. "I like her, but I don't like her. She's my lil' best friend. Next bloke that fucks with her is gonna get a beatin'."

"She tell yeh about Tom?"

Matty's hands clenched. "Yes. She came cryin' ta me. Asked me ta stay tha night. I couldn't juss leave her. She feels so horrible."

His eyes held anger and sadness. Matty was torn between the two, Oli could tell. He didn't know which side to fall to; the guy that's always been there or the girl with the broken past. Oli clapped a hand on Matty's shoulder. They exchanged a look. No words were needed. Matty would always choose Victoria, no matter how long he knew Tom. It made Oli a bit sad, but he knew there was no changing a mind that was set so deep.

An hour after the talk with Matty, Oli was on the hood of his car. He played with the Rubik's cube that he kept in his glove-compartment. Victoria was changing back into her regular clothes. Matty was having a grit, sitting on top of his own hood.

"Tom's new bird is weird," Oli placed the cube down. "I don't like her."

Matty raised a brow. "Wha' she do?"

"Tried ta get Tom ta tell her Vicky wasn't a gorgeous lil' bird."

Matty laughed and laid on his windshield. "Wha'? No way. That's so weird. Can he ever find someone that isn't insane?"

"Who can't find someone sane?" Victoria placed her purse in Matty's car.

Oli shrugged. "An old friend of ours."

Matty gave Oli a look. Victoria just nodded. He felt awful for lying, but he knew the thought of Tom would send her running. Victoria stretched, causing her shirt to rise some. Oli saw Matty eyeing the exposed skin.

"What are we going to do today? Daylight's wasting away," Victoria laughed.

"Get fucked up!"

She barely glanced at Matty. "Is that your answer to everything?"

He nodded. "Basically."

Oli watched as they bickered and swatted each other. It was funny to watch really. A small tiny girl beating up a man twice her size. Matty soon got over it and tossed her over his shoulder.

"I win," he beamed.

Victoria muttered something under her breath. Oli smiled. Matty put her down and patted her head. She punched his arm and walked away.

"She's a beauty."

Oli turned to Jordan, who had his eyes on Victoria. Feeling Oli's eyes, he smiled to his brown eyed friend. Matty snorted and left to go to Victoria's side.

"I think Matty fancies her," Jordan crossed his arms.

Oli shook his head. "No. They're juss close is all."

"Are yeh tellin' yehself tha' for Tom? If he doesn't understand now, he won't ever understand. Even yeh should know that."

Jordan was right. He should have.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3 i hope you guys enjoy this chapter. it's kind of sorta a filler, i guess.
Next chapter will be up this coming Wednesday!